Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
69,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Game will be played next Wednesday in Timisoara.

Players called:

PORTARI: Costel Pantilimon (Poli Timişoara), Mircea Bornescu (Rapid)

FUNDAŞI: Vasile Maftei (Unirea Urziceni), Cristian Panin (CFR Cluj), Gabriel Tamaş (West Bromwich Albion), Mirel Rădoi (Al-Hilal Saudi Club), Dorin Goian (US Citta di Palermo), Valerică Găman (U Craiova), Laszlo Sepsi (Poli Timişoara), Mihai Neşu (FC Utrecht)

MIJLOCAŞI: Mihai Roman (FC Braşov), Bănel Nicoliţă (Steaua Bucureşti), Iulian Apostol (Unirea Urziceni), Paul Codrea (AC Siena), George Florescu (FC Midtylland), Tiberiu Ghioane (Dinamo Kiev), Ciprian Deac (CFR Cluj)

ATACANŢI: Andrei Cristea (Dinamo Bucureşti), Gigel Bucur (Kuban Krasnodar), Ciprian Marica (VfB Stuttgart), Daniel Niculae (AJ Auxerre), Marius Niculae (Dinamo Bucureşti)

I think it could be better. Let´s see if Deac or Florescu can confirm. Bornescu, Gaman and Sepsi sound weird to me.

Stefan Radu would have been called if he wasn´t injured.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
maybe Luce Jr. cracks under pressure and wants to calm down the situation by using some guys for a meaningless friendly.

·
Registered
9,168 Posts
quality wise this is a team playing for place 4...frustrating how down we went in only 2 years and even before the situation wasn't that good, atleast we got results back then.

·
Registered
69,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have important players out too.

Chivu, Mutu and Tanase would mean an upgrade.

And the selection could be better.

·
Registered
16,436 Posts
I agree with GICA. The selection could be better, even when injuries destroy the team again (Chivu, Tanase, Radu, Rat, Galamaz, Apostol)

I hoped for Sanmartean, and Costea should be called. Daniel Niculae?... Lucescu will lead us to another failure if he continues like this. If there´s something this situation needs is intelligent management.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Sanmartean is the most technical romanian footballer right now and probably the only real playmaker available unless you'd like to consider the likes of Vezan.

·
Registered
69,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We can consider D.Niculae a fix player, and more since he scored that goal against Poland. So I didn´t even commented it.

I expect something like this: Pantilimon - Maftei, Goian, Radoi, Nesu - Roman, Ghioane, Codrea, Deac - D.Niculae, Marica

·
Registered
9,168 Posts
i'd like this:

Pantilimon - Maftei, Tamas, Goian, Nesu/Sepsi - Roman, Ghioane, Radoi, Deac - M.Niculae, Cristea

introducing Florescu in the 2nd half. considering the current form and what they showed in the past 2 seasons Cristea has to play instead of Marica.

·
General Iordanescu
28,698 Posts
i'd like this:

Pantilimon - Maftei, Tamas, Goian, Nesu/Sepsi - Roman, Ghioane, Radoi, Deac - M.Niculae, Cristea

introducing Florescu in the 2nd half. considering the current form and what they showed in the past 2 seasons Cristea has to play instead of Marica.
Spot on, sir, except we won't see it. Radoi is called as a CB, and Andrei Cristea is called as a LM!!! :party: Lucescu has this whole 'position' thing wrong.

Anyway, since you've given the ideal formula in the circumstances (w/ Nesu starting IMO), I'll tell you what will happen:

Pantilimon-Maftei, Radoi, Goian, Nesu- Roman, Codrea, Florescu, ???- D. Niculae, ???

That's what I know for sure (bar any injuries/stupid shit going down). I'm not sure who will start on the left and who the second striker will be. Personally, I think we'll see Cristea and Marica in the line-up. But they're both guesses at best. GSP indicates Nicolita and M. Niculae :((

Edit: It seems Ghioane will not play starter because he's recovering from an injury...

Our midfield :X It's full of world-beaters :D

·
General Iordanescu
28,698 Posts
Vermouth? Really, Vermouth plays for the Israel NT? I believe Tamas is well-acquainted with Vermouth. Not so much with Arbeitman, though... :proud:

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Israel's attacking players are quick, agile and technical... I've seen them a few times and they can seriously trouble a defence.

·
Registered
9,168 Posts
how can Radoi make such a pass? you learn it in the age of 8 that you don't make such passes in defense, especially not if you are under pressure

1 - 20 of 101 Posts