Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're soon back to the qualifyers again, with Holland in Giulesti, and Macedonia away, being our first opponents. Despite our crap run as of late, if we get 6 points in these two we'll be at least tied with Holland on points so that ain't too bad. I still think we aren't much of a match for Holland, but there is always a chance I guess. Macedonia might be a bit tricky too, I have seen their stadium. It is in the mountains somewhere. I'd be optimistic for a crappy point against Holland and a win vs. Macedonia.

Romania 1-1 Holland
Macedonia 1-2 Romania

The foreigner team is getting better but still isn't anything special. Nastase, Marica and Stoican have been left out because of injuries, Mutu is of course banned. Returning are Lobont, Marius Niculae, Ghionea, Chivu and Codrea who were injured for the Slovakia friendly; Cernat is recalled; and there is a first call-up for Irimia. :wth:

Bogdan Lobonţ (Ajax Amsterdam)
Cristian Irimia (Dynamo Kiev)
Tiberiu Ghioane (Dynamo Kiev)
Cosmin Bărcăuan (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Cristian Chivu (AS Roma)
Adrian Iencsi (Spartak Moscva)
Răzvan Raţ (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Daniel Pancu (Besiktas)
Paul Codrea (AC Torino)
Constantin Gâlcă (Almeria)
Nicolae Mitea (Ajax Amsterdam)
Florin Cernat (Dynamo Kiev)
Adrian Ilie (FC Zürich)
Marius Niculae (Sporting Lisbon)

This is looking more like a proper selection but there are still many like Niculae, Iencsi, Galca and Barcauan who shouldn't be anywhere near the national team. From the internal selection we will surely see Radoi, Contra and Fl. Petre. Apart from those we'd need 2 or 3 strikers, (Cl.Niculescu, Cristea, Bucur, Oprita) a keeper and some midfielders like Plesan, Caramarin, Dorinel Munteanu :wallbang: ...

-------------Lobont--------------
-------Radoi--------Chivu--------
-Contra------Ghioane-------R.Rat-
----Fl.Petre---Pancu---Dorinel-----
---------Oprita-----Ilie------------

I think this is what Piturca might have in mind. I don't agree with Dorinel Munteanu at all but I am almost sure he will play.

This is quite a big set for us. If we can make a surprise in the Holland game we'll be back on equals with them for qualification.

HAI ROMANIA!

·
Registered
101 Posts
If Robben, Cocu and V.bommel will start we are the favoriets. Without them (robben injured in next Chelsea match and Marco van Bastens choice to play Sneijder and Landzaat instead of Netherlands 2 best midfielders V.Bommel and Cocu) I think its 50-50. THe netherlands are a little bit overrated at the moment and Romania is a little bit underrated I think.

Cant wait for the match :thmbup:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah exactly if van Basten would play with v Bommel and if he would recall Seedorf for example it would much more difficult. Makaay is injured and V Nistelrooy is in bad form. And i have my doubts if Robben will play. Holland didn't impress at all with the way they played until now. But they had good results but that's all. We are defenitely a match for Holland. And we can win.

·
Registered
70,226 Posts
Apo Japo said:
If Robben, Cocu and V.bommel will start we are the favoriets. Without them (robben injured in next Chelsea match and Marco van Bastens choice to play Sneijder and Landzaat instead of Netherlands 2 best midfielders V.Bommel and Cocu) I think its 50-50
Holland squad
-Portari: Edwin van der Sar (Fulham), Henk Timmer (AZ Alkmaar)

-Fundaşi: Khalid Boulahrouz (Hamburg SV), Wilfred Bouma (PSV Eindhoven), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), John Heitinga (Ajax Amsterdam), Jan Kromkamp (AZ Alkmaar), Joris Mathijsen (AZ Alkmaar), Mario Melchiot (Birmingham City)

-Mijlocaşi: Mark van Bommel (PSV Eindhoven), Phillip Cocu (PSV Eindhoven), Denny Landzaat (AZ Alkmaar), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax Amsterdam), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax Amsterdam), Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax Amsterdam)

-Atacanţi: Ryan Babel (Ajax), Dirk Kuyt (Feyenoord), Martijn Meerdink (AZ Alkmaar), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Arjen Robben (Chelsea)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), John Heitinga (Ajax Amsterdam), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax Amsterdam), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax Amsterdam), Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax Amsterdam), Martijn Meerdink (AZ Alkmaar),

When these players arn't starters its oke. And I know robben is selected but he still can get injured agaisnt Cristel palace tomorrow.

·
Registered
70,226 Posts
Against Holland I´d play with:

------------Lobont------------
-------Radoi--------Chivu
Contra----------------------Rat
---Ghioane--Codrea--Plesan
-------Oprita--------Pancu
-------------Bucur

·
Registered
101 Posts
TonyYayo187 said:
Yeah exactly if van Basten would play with v Bommel and if he would recall Seedorf for example it would much more difficult. Makaay is injured and V Nistelrooy is in bad form. And i have my doubts if Robben will play. Holland didn't impress at all with the way they played until now. But they had good results but that's all. We are defenitely a match for Holland. And we can win.
Cocu is in a very good form also. Normaly Robben should be able to make it but for some reason i dont trust Chelsea to let him go and saying he is still not fit :rollani: RVN is getting a little bit more form now, but he always need many matches to get some form back :rollani:

To bad for us is Chivu's return.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cocu is in good form but i don't mind if he plays. His best times are over.
And for Robben he came back very quick for the kind of injury he had. I think there's still a big chance that he won't play. Especially after he already came back too quick from an injury and causing him a new one so he won't rush it even if it's for a game with the NT.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GICA said:
Against Holland I´d play with:

------------Lobont------------
-------Radoi--------Chivu
Contra----------------------Rat
---Ghioane--Codrea--Plesan
-------Oprita--------Pancu
-------------Bucur
That leaves too much work for Razvan Rat and Contra to run back and forth like that. Plus, Codrea and Plesan aren't very good and leave attacking options limited.

BTW; Lazar? WTF, that was a pretty random choice for that list.

·
Registered
70,226 Posts
Yes, I know but with Mitea and Petre in a bad moment (especially Mitea) I think that Contra and Rat could be good offensive weapons from their positions.
I´m a Plesan fan. I think he´s very useful to attack and to defend.

About Lazar...Well of course it would be a risk to test him in these games, but I meant Piturca should think in these young players more than veterans like Galca.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Plesan sucks nowadays. Watched him on Wednesday and will watch him tomorrow as well. Cristocea's better than him right now and so are a lot of others (Tibi Balan would be another example).

Let's see once more:

-----------Lobont-----------
Ogararu - Radoi - Chivu - Rat
--Contra - Ghioane - Cernat--
----Oprita ------- Adi Ilie----
------------Gigel------------

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't have Cernat playing behind Ilie like that, it ain't his style.
I'd still put Pancu in there somewhere but apart from that, your team is alright.

Balan is quality. I haven't seen much of Cristocea but the newspapers talk well of him.

·
Registered
366 Posts
GICA said:
Yes, I know but with Mitea and Petre in a bad moment (especially Mitea) I think that Contra and Rat could be good offensive weapons from their positions.
I´m a Plesan fan. I think he´s very useful to attack and to defend.
I like Plesan too but unfortunately he's too much out of form now.
But otherwise they should defenitely use him.

I would play like this

Ogararu----Radoi-----Chivu------Rat

Contra-------Ghioane---------Cernat

--------------Pancu----------------

-------Oprita----------Bucur--------

With only one striker deep i think it could be hard against the defence from Holland.

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
Marius Niculae and Cosmin Barcauan were left out of the squad, Piturca considered that they're out of shape

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
hmm... word up... Niculae will help us sooner or later, im sure

i dont really care about barcauan... and Iono whats up with Galca

·
Registered
70,226 Posts
I don´t think Galca can help the NT anymore. Piturca should think about other younger players. With Dorinel as veteran is enough.

1 - 20 of 556 Posts