Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno how many of you saw last nights game, but if you expect that Romania team to do something in EURO 200, well I pity you. It was a simply horrible performance. I agree you played against a world class team (with no strikers :)), but I expected more after everyone gave me such a hard time, when I dared to say yugoslavia were better. I stand firm by my opion, more than ever now :)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
labas, you have no idea what you are talking about. romania played well in the second half and had some chances to score. romania is the best team from the east and they will show that in euro2000 and wc2002...just wait. if you consider win against china and tie against korea a success, then you dont know much about soccer. those are the results of yugoslavia! romania is playing in one of the hardest groups in euro2000 and they will advance to the next round, but i dont think that will be the case for yugoslavia.

VIVA ROMANIA!!

[This message has been edited by argentina (edited 28-05-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no words Argentina! Not only did Romania sucked, but if Hasselbaink had played, you could've suffered a double digit humiliation and you dare say Romania were good in the second half! You must be a joke man! Why can't you just admit Romania played total SH|T last night! It was really disgraceful, it's that simple. I'm not gonna argue about Yugo, because you are entitled to your opinion on the matter, but Romanias play last night is a fact and the facts say it qwas just horrific.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Argentina, don't get me wrong, but the only reason Romania had a couple of chances in the second half was because Holland slowed down, but if the Dutch had played in the same rhythm for 90 minutes, I am sure the result would have been more convincing..
Not that I am glad, you just have to be realistic and realize that Holland is way better and according to what I heard about how England played against Brazil, I'd be worried... :)

D

·
0 Posts
If Kluivert, Seedorf, and Bergkamp had buried their so-close chacnes, it would have been 6-0 at on the hour, no jokes.

Romania's defending was a bit casual, but I've seen worse. Still, no matter who optimistic the fans remain, I really can't see Romania qualifying from a group with Portugal, England, and Germany

Maybe if they were in Yugoslavia's easy group, they might have, but since their in this group, I can see a de-ja-vous of 1996 for Romania. Too bad they are again drawn in the "Group of Death"

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i have no doubt that romania will infact make the second round because they play like a team and do well unlike teams like the dutch.
germany can be beaten, england was beaten in 98 and will be beaten again and portugal can be beaten also.

romania is the best out of eastern europe. i didnt say they are better than top european countries. i said they are the best in eastern europe.

to all of you doubters here. romania will at least make the semi-finals!

MARK MY WORDS!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Hagi after the Holland game:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>"In the last 20 minutes we were all over them. Ganea and Mutu missed from the front of the net. We could of equalized, but we have to admit that they had big chances to score too. If we want to progress [at Euro2000] we must be realistic."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know why you guys are saying Romania played a sh** game in the second half, they were better than Holland in the second half. True Holland had more chances in the first half to score than Romania did in the second half, but it wasn't as UNEVEN as you guys made it sound. Please watch the game again carefully if you can.

BTW, Romania played with some experimental players in the midfield which totally got dominated in the first half. I am talking about Linkar and Maladarasanu. And Filipescu played Right Back instead of Contra just to see how he fares there. You saw the difference Contra made when he came in. Now I admit that we were lucky Davids isn't exacltly an inexperienced player.

[This message has been edited by EclipsE (edited 29-05-2000).]

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Here are some random quotes from coaches Emeric Ienei (Romania), Frank Rijkaard (Holland), and former Germany coach Berti Vogts.

Frank Rijkaard:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>"We met a powerful team, formed of quality players. We had a good start to the game and clearly dominated. After the break we had a downfall and couldn't score many more goals. I think we are on a good level before the final preperations for EURO2000."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emeric Ienei:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>"It was a game highly disputable. In the first half we played with fear, but in the second we missed two immense chances of tying. Our team, probably the same as Holland, didn't have much time to prepare, because of the championships that ended late. I offered a chance to Linkar and his performance pleased me. The same with Chivu and Lobont. On the other hand Maladarasun didn't have as good a showing. Unfortunetely, Dan Petrescu, who hasn't played in some time, accused some back pains. I think each part of our team needs to be needs to be clarified."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Berti Vogts:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>"I followed a good game and was impressed by both teams. Romania played very well against a tough opponent and I think this team is more valuable than the one at EURO 96."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by EclipsE (edited 29-05-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, Eclipse I know you have to somehow make yourself feel better after such a terrible expierience ;), but for Christs sake Holland would've simply killed you guys if Hasselbaink (makaay) had played and if Holland had played for a full 90 minutes. They cooled down when they scored the second and that's the only reason Ghanea ever had that wondrful chance. Anyway I say again to call group A the groupd of death is less than pathetic, it's undescribable. Group A is simpl the weakest group in the whole tournament full of big names, but no form. That's how I see it. Groups of death are D and then C. Even group B is stronger! I know it has less big names lik ENG and GER, but Belgium is currently on such great form, they woul easily rip apart the latter. Those are the facts. But if you guys are so keen on looking only at the names, not form, well then OK, group A is tuff. (LOL, a joke group, really :()

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Alright, let's just wait and see which group is going to be tougher instead of trying to analyze current form, cuz we are going no where with this argument.

And don't even bring Hasselbiank into this argument, cuz you saw what happend when you did in the Dutch Forum. Why do you think him and Makaay are in doubt to make the damn squad? Is it because they are so damn good?

No need to reply, just go see the answers you got to your topic in the Dutch forum.

PS. I am not saying Hasselbiank sux, I am just saying he sux for the National Team. And Makaay has no chemistry with the Oranje as well even though he is a good player.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Guys there is one think that is real, do you believe any team will now be throwing out their full potential. Everyone who did it before failed. Do you remember England in 1988- with all of these successes in friendly matches, and a big failiure at the Euro? Let's see what comes out of Holland if they show muscles so early.
And I think this depends on motivation very much, and we all know how motivated is Romania from USA'94, and Denmark from 92 (how many of you believed in their success?).
So have patience guys and you will see for yourselves what is the real Romania at the Euro.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Germany also played against Holland and they sucked better than us.

What do you want us to play with Maldarasanu and Lincar in the first eleven, and with no Galca and Ilie.

Also the players don't want to get injured before Euro 2000.

And labas, you don't come here to make fun of people because YOU'RE A MODERATOR HERE!!!
Of course, you can tell your oppinion, but not make fun of others oppinions!

------------------
http://fc-farul.tripod.com/ - FC Farul Online

1 - 15 of 15 Posts