Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will it be Chivu is making a name for himself these days by being captain of Ajax and voted Dutch Foreign Player of the Year and also receiving offers from big clubs especially from Real Madrid yesterday which he snubbed to remain at Ajax ?

Will it be Mutu who currently playes for Verona and made a name for himself for being one of the best foreign striker in Italy and also reiceived a contract offer from Juventus so he would play for them next season ?

Will it be Niculae who currently plays for Sporting Lisbon but was injured back in January and missed the whole season which at the end when Sporting held the Portugese League trophy and dedicated it to him for his excellent performance this season ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think all of the three will go big but for me Mutu's style of play is fantastic! I've seen him play for Verona a few times on Payper View and I really like his style of play. Chivu should stay at Ajax and show his qualities in next year's CL. Niculae will also be able to show his skills in the CL next season.
I think Romanian soccer will really have a great future with all these mega talents. Don't forget Radoi, Cernat, Stoica or...

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Do you mean what kind of player will take over Hagi's postion on the pitch or do you mean who will be the next Romanian superstar?

I think that Chivu could become the most high-profile player that ROmania has ever produced, with the exception of hagi.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Who will be the next high-profile Romanian superstar?

Deniz mentioned Chivu will be number one, but I think Adrian Mutu and Cosmin Contra are gonna be challengers.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yeah, I can't believe i forgot to write Contra:wallbang:. He looks quite promising. I was never that impressed with the Romanian strikers, honestly.

ALthough Mutu and to a lesser extent Moldovan are fine players, they are not that dominating. ANd if he went to Juve, I think Mutu would be stuck on the bench:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Contra?

I dont no if u cud class Contra as a future star because hes 24 now and already has had his big move to Milan?!

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Chivu will be the next big thing, if he isn't already a big thing now. I think he'll become bigger than Hagi was, and forever banish the burden of Romanian players being labelled, the "Next Hagi". Maybe this tag is hurting the long-term progress of the country.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Paul Codrea of Genoa looks promising :)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Nobody will be "the next Hagi" just like there will not be a nex "Maradona" . In fact we don't need a new Hagi, we need a good team, a good collective unit. I think we are beginning to get this. We first showed our young talents at Euro 2000 and We also played very well against Slovenia in the playoffs, but our players' cockiness and individuality made us pay..and did not make it to the WC.
Generally speaking I think we will still have a decent team that can beat anyone but we are not consistent.

·
Registered
70,339 Posts
Claudiu Keseru, from Nantes. He´s not the same kind of player than Hagi, but he´ll be the next big thing in the Romanian football. Mitea and Marica could be too.

Chivu and Mutu can still achieve important things, but they won´t reach the Hagi´s level or his importance. Well, that´s impossible for a Romanian player nowadays. Hagi is unique and unrepeatable.

So..
next Hagi...Nobody

next Romanian star....Keseru

·
Registered
17,360 Posts
Haha, Niculae is a striker, we had big hopes on him before he was killed by injuries. He could still be good though. But Keseru is headed for the stars!

BTW GiCA how did you find this topic?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Next big thing:
Keserü, Marica, Chivu, Radoi. They all look good.

Next Hagi:
Tibi Balan, 23, from Sportul and Adrian Cristea, 20, from Dinamo are most similar in style.

Balan is better though. :star: His play and skills are like Hagi's.

·
Registered
70,339 Posts
Not the new Hagi, but these are the most promising U21 offensive players in Romanian league:

Bogdan Stancu

-Club: Unirea Urziceni

-Position: Attacking midfielder/Striker

-Positive points: Versatility. Strong, fast and very good shot. Fantastic physical conditions.

-Negative points: Sometimes invisible in the games. He needs more regularity.

A regular in the U21 NT, he´s the star of Unirea Urziceni, a humble team doing a very good season and coached by Dan Petrescu. He´s an Arges Pitesti product, just like Adrian Mutu.

Goal vs England
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vguIDtzIj-w

Gabriel Torje

-Club: Politehnica Timisoara

-Position: Right midfielder/Attacking midfielder

-Positive points: Very fast and skillful. Good shot and crosses. Clever player.

-Negative points: Short. And a bit weak physically.

He´s known by the good FM addicts ;) He scored his first goal in Romanian league at the age of 16. He´s 17 now and clubs like Fiorentina are interested on him.

Nice goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfc03EhwySg

Action vs Fiorentina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsCYJ7n6s_U

Ciprian Deac

-Club: CFR Cluj

-Position: Left Midfielder/Attacking midfielder

-Positive points: Great technique and dribbling. Good vision and passing ability. Defensive capacity.

-Negative points: Not very fast. Reserve status in his team, the leader of the league. He needs to play more.

Even if he´s not starter in his team, the U21 coach has faith on him. And Deac is already an important player there. If he can confirm his talent, his future looks great.

Nice pass to Torje vs England
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPIN5j16emE

Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ3YudzqsmU

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Who's the young Romanian who plays for Hearts who I read about in the latest World Soccer? Apparently he's pretty special aswell.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts