Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last game of qualification. What has been real misery
Could be similar game to Turkey`s match.
We face again with team, who are in play-off competition and certainly needs to win. Last year at ALe Coq Arena we lost 0:2. Ofcourse whole this game then was Rüütli mistake who put Vassiljev into right wing.

So far only Estonian who is scored against Romania is Georg Siimenson

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Reintam replace again (just like in Hungary) Piiroja (+ Rüütli called also to Romania Alo Bärengrub)

But a bit hilarious stuff by romania journalists :D

In the Romania airport
Journalist: Why did you late?
Tarmo Rüütli: Plane was broken
Journalist: Are you more tired therefore?

Rüütli:No, I don`t believe. Everything is OK

http://www.ohtuleht.ee/549770

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Estonia lineup
Sergei Pareiko; Taijo Teniste, Ragnar Klavan, Mikk Reintam, Enar Jääger; Joel Lindpere, Konstantin Vassiljev, Aleksandr Dmitrijev, Sergei Mošnikov; Henri Anier, Henrik Ojamaa

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(Dream) Romania attacks with 7-8 players, then they lose ball to Vassiljev and we get into counter-attack when Ojamaa just runs big Romanian defenders past and scores (about 2-3 times) :)
Unfortunately second our (ultra) fast striker Zenjov missed from training due fever and unlikely he`s playing tomorrow (maybe he comes in for last 15 minutes, when we are 1:0 back and Romania still attack)

I prefer myself Hungary to see in playoffs

E:Only I don`t understand who plays in right wing. It had to be first 4-4-2 (so Ojamaa starts as striker)

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
One thing I would point out is that getting at least a point from this match should ensure that we will remain in Pot 4 in Euro 2016 qualification draw. So it might be a pretty important fixture in the long run.

Of course the Euro 2016 qualification format is not official yet and the pots structure may be different but in the latest coefficents table teams like Iceland and Wales (who are by now way past us in FIFA rankings) were still behind us. And we were in the danger of dropping into pot 5. So a good result from this match might be very important.

http://www.football-rankings.info/2013/09/euro-2016-qualifying-draw-seeding-20.html

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
In FIFA rankings we're still the highest placed Baltic team thanks to our Euro2012 qualification campaign.

Would be nice to keep it this way ;)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okey, Rüütli suprised again
Sergei Pareiko
Enar Jääger, Mikk Reintam, Ragnar Klavan, Taijo Teniste,
Sander Puri, Aleksandr Dmitrijev, Konstantin Vassiljev, Tarmo Kink/Lindpere
, Joel Lindpere/Kink
Sergei Zenjov.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
yes, this one makes more sense. The other lineup looked too good to be true :palm:

It's strange why Ojamaa and Anier who are the future of this team are not getting chances in matches like this. It's not like we are fighting for qualification...

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
No, the lineup changes he made compared to yesterday's version are more in attacking end...players like Puri and Kink who have not impressed lately and Zenjov is also currently not as good as Anier. Overall this lineup looks much more conservative and static than the one predicted yesterday.

He seems to be too stuck on playing the old guys and not giving enough chances to youngsters.

But of course defense might be a problem too as we have our 2nd and 3rd best CB's out injured and Reintam who is replacing them had a horrible game vs Hungary.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zenjov is also currently not as good as Anier.
Can`t can´t, can`t agree with this.
IMO Zenjov could be more useful than ever Ojamaa

But my logic is, that therefore Romania has very long defenders (similar to Steaua), then Ojamaa from bench in the second half could be killing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts