Friendly under-21 international
Scorers:
Portugal - Nelson Verissimo 5, Ricardo Ramires 80
Romania - Catalin Munteanu 39, Bogadam Mara 68
Halftime: 1-1; Attendance: 3,000

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Not bad, this wasn't actually a under-21 game. It was the B team from both sides. So there were players over the age of 21 playing.

Nice to see Munteanu get one.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know about that...daily soccer reported this so it might have been an official under-21 game...i guess the officials didnt know that romania was going to play 35 year olds!!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
They just lied to the Portugese, and told them their whole team is under-21. Even though Selymes is like 33 and he looks like the proud father of 7. :)

Hrm, can't wait for tommorows demolishing of Cyprus.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Selymes...I have not seen him in a while :) .
I wish you luck against Cyprus (you will beat them, but let it be with more goals :) ). Anyway, Munteanu in action again, I hope he finds a better club for himself.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I would like to see Munteanu on Valencia :) :) But, that's far fetched. And Selymes plays for Standard Lierse in the Belgian League along side another international Liviu Ciobitariu.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I also like Valensia :) as well as Munteanu and Serban cauz they made fun of CSKA. :) Yeah at least for the second there is still a chance he can play in Valencia (which seems rather Balkan team- there bofore were Mijatovic and Penev).

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Heh, what do you mean they made fun of CSKA?? I wanna hear this one.

Hmmm, as much as I would like to see Serban and Muteanu in Valencia, I highly doubt it's going to happen because apparently Cuper doesn't like Romanians that much, even Ilie isn't on his good side. :(

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
The first match at Bucurest finished 3-3. The press as usually praised CSKA calling them european team, the best, crap like that. They were so proud of themselves, they felt as champions of the world. But then came the match at Sofia. CSKA never reached the door. Steaua won this one with 2-0, but they could have scored much more because of the great shape Serabn had at that time. And Catalin was a raising star at that moment. They made many dangerous counter attacks in which I was convinced in the speed of Munteanu, his excelent talent, on the skills and technical abilities of Serban. Anyway I saw an amazing shot from Regenkampf (who then played one season in the bulgarian champions Liteks- now Lovetch) from about 30 meters- strong and precise.
That was all I remember :) .

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Heh, don't you love it when the Balkan press makes a tie or a win seem like their respected team is the best.

Oh Reghemcampf just left Steaua Bucuresti and went to a Belgian club, I think it's either Anderletcht or Lierse, not sure. The reason for his leaving is because he had a squabble with Piturca in practice.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Ouch the press! :)
They are always funny cauz most of them don't know what they are talking about. And I didn't know about Regenkampf (nice player for the right wing :) ). Thanx for the info ;) .

·
International
9,682 Posts
Hey guys,
has any of you saw the Catalin Munteanu goal?
An excellent shot from the middle of the pitch, almost 50 metres away of the net.

It was fantastic.
And the Mara goal was cool too.
Munteanu hit the most in the 90th minute with a 20 metres shot.
And Mara, fantastic!!!
M. Niculaie played also.

Great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts