Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been wondering what is his reputation among Atletico fans? Does he even have a speck of recognition? How is he remembered - if at all? He has a very talented son on the verge of going to Bundesliga now by the way...

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
He didn't quite do it at Atlético and people who support the club would mostly remember him as one of those players who played well against Atlético, but not so well for the club itself once he joined. This is just before I started supporting Atlético and I wouldn't have been old enough to remember what happened over there at the time but I've seen a few games from the 1993-1994-season, especially the one against Barcelona when Romário scores a hattrick after something like 30 minutes at Vicente Calderón. Then all of sudden, things change and Atleti win 4-3 with Kosecki scoring one of the four goals. That's basically the best memory Atlético-fans have of him. Kosecki came to the club when Atleti were struggling badly and Jesús Gil kept firing manager after manager. The following season even worse in terms of results and it all ended with Radomir Antić taking over managerial post. Antić decided that he didn't count on Kosecki and the player was sent to Nantes where he reached the semifinals of the Champions League while Atleti won the Double in 1995-1996.

As for his son. I've seen him at times, looks a good player and I know Osasuna (Roman's old club) have been interested in signing him. So yes, I'm following his development as well, happened to stumble onto him while watching Radović and Ljuboja play for Legia.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts