Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to just tell you that what I've tried to explain many times, and fail due my lack clear posting, of how to use both is perfectly explain by the current tasks they both have in Villareal and Monaco, if you have a chance to watch them you are going to see why Roman is a true playmaker, and Saviola an all around forward, and how good they can play if they are set free in the attack to determine where to damage.

Nor Roman was 5, or dual off/ef midfielder, worse oblied in a flank, nor saviola is a 9. Watching them enjoying themselves and being productive is like watching them alive again.

Here I'm not saying that Barca should in the past play with them in this way, not at all, but yes that if they were buying them they should be use in this way to get the best of them. Saviola is dribbling, assiting, making runs, and appearing by surprise like in River days.

Roman is an assiting machine, scoring again, full of confidence and every game with pisadas and highlights to make a video per game.

The level of both is closer to what they did in Argentina and the reason why were so admire.

Again Barca as every team is above their current players, and must apply the system the coach believe in, but the major fault of Barca all this previous years, and many foreigners that have their idols in your club were pissed of, was that you bought a 10 and tried to make him a def mid, you bought a deadly scorer, but not striker and tried to make him a box finisher.

May be now you get a better idea of what all River and Boca fans were telling you that this players weren't use properly in only a race of marketing against Real to buy the hottest name, but never asking the Van Gaal of the moment what he really want, and what system he will use and if the players chosen, were the proper ones for that.

Now in more calm days, with a team that in my opinion don't deserve, don't need any change (may be some def mid because all the injures involve, to let Marquez to his original position, and only the recovering of Larsson and cia);
and without any useless discussion from both sides, you can see how even strictly in only an esthetic way, how beautifully they can play; for instance Saviola even delivering, is miles away now from Barca restricted role and is showing his whole repertoir, Roman has just recover the joy of playing and the pisadas and magic are back.

Is sad how negociados to only fill some pockets of corrupt dirigentes, of bad administration almost end the career of this two, and ended many others in the meantime too.

I repeat it won't be fair for Barca current team, to both comeback to Barca to maybe broke a team, to bring insecurity for the ones that deservedly won their places, just take your time as neutral and watch some game in their current teams to see what they are capable of, a happy end maybe will come with Pekerman joining them in NT.
Me in the meantime, had struggled, fought, discussed and finally end respecting the majority, if not all Barca posters here, I've been a pain in the ass, but I have no more hard feelings towards anyone here, not even Barca as club.
I just want all this time to watch them play again with joy, and since they are doing it, I'm more than ok. In the path Barca is a gift to the eyes, you are giving me Ronie and cia, and me a lover of esthetic attacking football can't be more happy with that.

But this is an strange world were some dude Rainieri says that he has plenty of options to Aimar, so I can't rest in bothering your clubs in europe, I'm the sudaca nightmare.
Well good luck fellows, and I won't bother you anymore with this two, just that watching them lately speaks way more loud than my uselless words, and just wanna to tell you that.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
damn skipppy.. but im sayin well im hopin for barca to sell roman to real :D i know its crazy but for him to replace zidane that sounds damn good

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well, I think I agree with you. We really don't have the system for a no.7 and another no.10. And I'm sure if Saviola and Roman continues playing like this (which I presume they will given that they have settled in their best roles) I'm sure we will get good offers for them in the summer and then we get nice money we can use on players that fit our system more, our priorities should be a great central def and an attacker with physique and aearial abilites. That's basically all we need and we should be set.

And NO ROMAN to RM! :thmbdown: The Gaspart times are over!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Nonononono...

Roman had over a year to be a DM, that's more than enough time for him to have forgotten everything and learnt from zero how to tackle, to foul, to be a bricklayer :rolleyes:

Roman is just Roman, you know. A genius. Enough talent in him to make you weep if he doesn't do something BIG again.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Both players were only bought to satisfy the socios, they wanted the players so badly..

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
We should get Saviola back!!

Plus another striker, with aerial skills as mentioned. Roman who cares....no place for him.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Barca_AT19 said:
We should get Saviola back!!

Plus another striker, with aerial skills as mentioned. Roman who cares....no place for him.

Again with Saviola? Good player, not a good fit. It happens.

Who cares about Roman? He's going to net Barça a pretty penny next summer (perhaps even moreso than will Saviola). You'll care then.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Fangio is right. Riquelme is doing great without any doubt, but he's a 10 and we're playing with a 4-3-3 where the position of the typical playmaker doesn't exist and I don't see Riquelme doing what Deco and Xavi are doing. The best solution for Barça and for him it's a transfer and we can get some millions for a transfer, considering his form. Besides, he's non-EU.

This is not about how good or bad is a player, but how useful or useless a player can be for us. If Riquelme doesn't have a place in this Barça, the best for everyone is a transfer.

About Saviola. Maybe he can still do a job in Barcelona. He's a second striker and we don't play with 2 strikers, but with a sole striker and 2 wings. As I've said, Saviola could be a replacement for Eto'o, but I'm not sure about it. Saviola is not going to be the first defender of the team, as Rijkaard wants from the strikers. He's not a physical striker as Eto'o or Larsson. So I'm not sure about him either. His contract finishes in 2006 (right?), maybe we should consider a transfer too in this case.

With the money of Riquelme and Saviola we may cover the positions where we are weaker.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Fangio is right. Riquelme is doing great without any doubt, but he's a 10 and we're playing with a 4-3-3 where the position of the typical playmaker doesn't exist and I don't see Riquelme doing what Deco and Xavi are doing. The best solution for Barça and for him it's a transfer and we can get some millions for a transfer, considering his form. Besides, he's non-EU.

This is not about how good or bad is a player, but how useful or useless a player can be for us. If Riquelme doesn't have a place in this Barça, the best for everyone is a transfer.

About Saviola. Maybe he can still do a job in Barcelona. He's a second striker and we don't play with 2 strikers, but with a sole striker and 2 wings. As I've said, Saviola could be a replacement for Eto'o, but I'm not sure about it. Saviola is not going to be the first defender of the team, as Rijkaard wants from the strikers. He's not a physical striker as Eto'o or Larsson. So I'm not sure about him either. His contract finishes in 2006 (right?), maybe we should consider a transfer too in this case.

With the money of Riquelme and Saviola we may cover the positions where we are weaker.

Agreed.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I don't think the situations with both players is the same.

It's unfortunate, but Riquelme's style of football probably wouldn't fit in our team, since there is no "10" player, as has been pointed out. He has the talent, but it would require changing the team shape a lot.

Saviola on the other hand could do well here. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing him back. On paper we only play with one central forward and 2 wide attackers, usually Giuly and Ronaldinho. But there is a lot of movement and position changing. Sometimes Eto'o is in the centre against a defender, other times he has moved out to the right touchline or the left. Saviola could do the same, since he isn't really an out and out striker, but he is skilled at scoring, dribbling, moving around, linking up with other players, all skills that are priority at this Barca.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Fangio is right.
Indeed, but he is not saying anything that has not been said here over and over again. Most FCB fans loved JRR and Saviola and know that they were not used properly.

Riquelme played another good game yesterday, even if his goal was a gift from the keeper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
I don't think the situations with both players is the same.

It's unfortunate, but Riquelme's style of football probably wouldn't fit in our team, since there is no "10" player, as has been pointed out. He has the talent, but it would require changing the team shape a lot.

Saviola on the other hand could do well here. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing him back. On paper we only play with one central forward and 2 wide attackers, usually Giuly and Ronaldinho. But there is a lot of movement and position changing. Sometimes Eto'o is in the centre against a defender, other times he has moved out to the right touchline or the left. Saviola could do the same, since he isn't really an out and out striker, but he is skilled at scoring, dribbling, moving around, linking up with other players, all skills that are priority at this Barca.

Eto'o is also blindingly fast and can score from outside of the box.

This is the part where you remind me of when you last saw Saviola even shoot from outside of the box.

He doesn't have any of the qualities of a 7 or an 11, and he really shouldn't play the 9 by himself. He doesn't track back to defend, and he wouldn't cause matchup problems on the wings. He's a nice player, but he doesn't fit. And if he doesn't fit, makes a ton of cash, and has value for other teams, why keep him instead of sell him?

I would also debate that he is "skillful at dribbling, moving around, linking up with other players." And he certainly, without a doubt, is not fast. All of this and I like him as a player. But why he's not here is pretty clear, no?

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
So what your saying ArnauFabra is that:

He can't shoot from outside the box.
He can't defend.
He isn't a striker, or a wide attacker.
He isn't fast.
He doesn't dribble well.
He doesn't link up well.

I have to ask, what exactly do you think he DOES do well? :confused:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Well, they are both playing very well right now but the real question should be:

Will they fit into the system?

I don't think so.

Barcelona are playing 4-3-3 right now so there is no space for Riquelme, and upfront Eto'o is playing too well to be partnered by a similar player in Saviola.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Man Fu*k the system..... :boxing:

VBI said it. During game time there is a lot of positon changing, which could see us fielding two strikers at once, if we need to attack. Saviola can do what Giuly does, he could back up there also....I don't see how he 'doesn't fit'..you make him fit then. Yes he has a small stature, so what? He scored plenty with a Barca that sucked soooooo bad. Try him in winning team for once, we aren't gonna lose anything...

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
It's unfortunate, but Riquelme's style of football probably wouldn't fit in our team, since there is no "10" player, as has been pointed out.
Bullshit, we fit Deco and Ronaldinho in the team right, who are also "10"'s.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Uh, no, they aren't. One starts as a deep lying midfielder, and the other starts as a left attacking midfielder. I mean 10 in terms of position, not player. Riquelme can't play where Deco plays, because he can't defend. He also can't play where Ronaldinho plays, because he doesn't have the pace or dribbling ability to come inside and attack players as well as do the passing. There is no central attacking midfielder in the old fashioned sense.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey people wasn't my intention to put them in the current team, not even near, just that is clear watching them now, what I tried to explain you on how to use them.
Even thinking that Saviola can play in this barca easily when you think that Larsson is making an effort in a flank were he don't belong to make space, more prepare for that is Saviola, but why on hell Larsson deserve that? no way, a bad descision, bad coach, bad dirigentes MUST not be repeated.
Etoo is simply brilliant one of my favorites players since long. Just wanted to you watch them and see how fluent and happy they play when well use, only thing I don't agree Visca is that Roman can't dribble, he is a master at that the problem is that the lack of pace make oblied him to dribble the same guy three times, while Ronie, Aimar and others once pass you you watch their butts in the glympse of an eye, but was hell of fun how Roman for instance last game toy with many Malaga players..the thing is that him with confidence can do everything, but I won't touch the current Barca team a bit, only if Deco or Ronie get injured I will get him, and then well time will tell if another system is display. Again do not began to replace players that now DON'T deserve a bit to be replace, no matter how good Roman or Saviola are, their moment, the tiem to see that used like now they wer great, the time to do the things right is over, sad, but over, finally as I said just pointing that were so discusssed many times, that was hard to see that in other squemes, and mainly with support they can play that great, just to say you they weren't are blufs, of course no Maradonas, but hell of players in the wrong time, the wrong place...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts