Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

not this horror season but next season...

return and build a new team from the sales of Cassano and whoever else that's deemed expendable, hopefully watch them grow together over a few seasons or try to keep the team together as it is, and add what is needed to challenge for the Scudetto?

Basically do you think the time of this Roma has past and you need to start again?

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Of course the time for this Roma has passed; it was over May 2nd, the moment we lost lo scudetto to Milan. In hindsight, last year was played on borrowed time, and we were due a return to more humble positions in the classifica. The Roma of the millenium is over, and now we have to realize we won't be shooting for honours for a good couple of years.

As for the question posed in the opening post; even if we go with option B, to add missing pieces to this team in order to try to win something - it would take far too many new pieces to the puzzle, certainly too many for our budget. That only leaves Cassano's sale, as I see it.

·
Registered
13,124 Posts
Well, this thread is a lot like Deano's poll. But I don't want to overstate our suckiness for next year any more than we should not have overstated our greatness at this year's start. We're never quite as bad as we make it out, but never quite as good.
Totti is gonna stay. With a decent coach, some fast and lucky wheeling and dealing on the transfer market, and some signs of life from our youngsters, we could be back in competition for 4th place next season. :thmbup: Brillant signature BTW, Politican :howler:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I don't see why Roma can't aim for a top four finish next year almost regardless of what happens in the transfer market. You're not up against any giants. Sampdoria, Fiorentina, Udinese...

Cassano is not popular at la sud though. I was there for the Milan game this Sunday and before the game when the speaker announced the names (well, first names and then the fans filled in with the last name) three players were left with silence. Ferrari, Perrotta and Cassano. Conti and Totti got the biggest support...

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
VERDI said:
Cassano is not popular at la sud though. I was there for the Milan game this Sunday and before the game when the speaker announced the names (well, first names and then the fans filled in with the last name) three players were left with silence. Ferrari, Perrotta and Cassano. Conti and Totti got the biggest support...
I don't get it. It's not like Ferrari and Perrotta try to play badly and it's not like they're going to improve when they don't get any support.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have not watched many Roma games on TV this season so I couldn't believe it when I saw a few weeks ago that Del Neri had gone!

How many coaches does one club need in a season? Why did Del Neri go and who is his replacement?

I think Roma will have to sell Cassano to get a more balanced side that can challenge for Europe next season. More importantly, the club needs a settled coach or I fear Totti will just get fed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts