Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that we have discussed this before, but i have a theory. Roma obvisously want a striker who scores 25 goals in all competetions a season. Inzaghi does this. Now, Nakata, Del Vecchio, Montella and Totti have all been reported to be leaving the club once or twice. Totti wont leave because he is the captain and because he is just Totti right. However, Roma spent too much on Nakata to just sell him plus he makes a lot of money for the club because of Asia. Del Vecchio will most likely stay for a sub type of player. But if Nakata and Totti are going to stay, it is logical that Montella would have to leave. That's where Inzaghi comes in to it. Roma want Inzaghi but probably don't want to pay the full price tag of 41.3 million dollars. If they could trade and give money for Inzaghi, it would be better for them. Therefore i believe Nakata will be playing behind Totti and Inzaghi next season for Roma. It solves Nakata's complaints as well. Also, Inzaghi's brother Simone, lives and plays for a Rome club. This move would see them in the same city which both brothers want. I have a good point, what do you think. I could see this happen especially since Roma really want Pippo.

------------------
CUG

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Juve will sell Inzaghi if he wants Del Piero 's wages. I don't think Roma will give him those wages either but they can give him more than Juve because Roma haven't got the high paying wages like Juve have.

------------------
CUG

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i don't think so juve won't sell!!
no one can be sure but roma will buy other players,hakan sukur is one of them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
You guys all have good points,
and since this season is a total loss,changes must be made!!
Sensi and Capello will have a bench of 22 solid players that is for sure but who will he pick up.Since we're talking about strikers,these i think are the options.
1)First and formost is Bati-goal.Sensi and Capello are obsessed with him and rightly so,..now rumors..a straight money offer,and i just read that Fiorentina might want Assuncao and Montella for Bati...Is this worth it??
This is a tricky question,but i think it is.As much as i like these two players plus they give us many more years, Bati's professionalism and experience not to mention skill are unequal.
Can u see are line-up with Bati in it?It would be unstoppable,without a doubt Roma by far creates more chances than any other team in Serie A,and with a pure finisher like Bati,we would be awesome with Totti's vision and possibly Nakata in their as well.
Now the line-up:
You know this could really depend on Totti's Euro campaign.Cause if Totti succeeds as a second striker,we may see Capello move him there and Nakata in behind,and Delvecchio on bench.But i think it all depends on who we get.
2)If we don't get Bati,look for Inzaghi.
As much as i hate him he may prove to be valuable.Like Cug said he does get at least 20-25 goals in all competitions.
3)If all else fails,Sukur is probably our backup plan.Despite what gOD said i saw him play against Leeds and posed a threat everytime he touched the ball,and is a lethal finisher.
But i think Sensi will not give up on Bati so easily.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Forget, about Inzaghi, he is not a quality striker. He's a good actor though!! (great diving ability) so maybe Roma, would be awarded a greater number of penalties next year if he was to join. A quality striker in the mold of Batistuta, Crespo or Shevchenko, is what is needed. Although, only Batistuta has any real chance of joining Roma.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Inzaghi is far from flawless, but give the ammount of chances Totti and Emerson will provide- he WILL be a 25+ goalscorer in all competitions. That's the kind of player he is, like him or not.
I don't know if he's going though, but as CUG said he WILL be sold if he insists on wage parity with Del Piero. Juve never stood for that, and sold Baggio off for the same reason (not Del Piero pay parity but wage demands in general).

Ciao.

J

·
0 Posts
I must add to Glens post that if Juves speculations in buying Figo are for real, the chances of selling "pippo" increases. Besides I don't think "pippo" will take a no for a higher salery answer when he know he can get it in another team. Especially if he makes a good summer with the auzzuri.

------------------

·
Registered
392 Posts
The way it looks like right now it seems that Inzaghi will be a back up plan,or rather a "plan b" if Batistuta can't be bought.
I think if they're going to shell out that kind of coin that Inzaghi is asking for then they'd rather get Bati instead.
But it should be interesting to see what happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts