Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adriano plus cash is price Roma want for Montella deal
First Published: Apr 04, 2002

AS Roma want Brazilian striker Adriano from Inter if the Milan club insist on bidding for Vincenzo Montella.

In-form Montella is willing to listen to offers from Inter after contact between his agent Sergio Berti and Inter president Massimo Moratti.

Italian international Montella is not keen to stay at Roma if coach Fabio Capello renews his contract with the capital city club soon.

Capello has regularly clashed with the former Sampdoria star and is talking to Roma president Franco Sensi about a one year or two year extension to his current contract which is due to expire in June next year.

Roma would want Adriano to be included plus at least £30 million in cash to release Montella to their Serie A rivals although Real Madrid and Manchester United are also tracking Montella.

Inter have loaned Adriano to Fiorentina where he has impressed in a struggling team and say they want the Brazilian back for next season.

But with several strikers vying to partner top scorer Christian Vieri in the Milan club's attack one would make way for a Montella move.

Roma would prefer Adriano although the future of Ronaldo - whose contract ends next year with the Milan club - has not been settled by Inter yet. Ronaldo could be used to tempt Roma to part with Montella but his poor fitness record would mean Roma looking for a large cash pay out to part with Montella.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Montella is a nice addition to our squad although I don't think we need him......

Adriano is a great player with terrific future......I would hate it for him to leave Inter before he had the chance to prove himself..

Give Adriano a chance !!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I would surely choose Adriano over Montella!

I'm not saying Montella not good he is probably the third best striker in Italy IMO just behind Bobo and Chiesa.But Adriano will be 10 times better than Montella in 5 years!!!This guys has everything,strength,pace,skills,power,coolness,what he need is just to keep playing and to be more a team player!!

I say Montella should consider to move to Spain or England,where he could really prove himself!He he really plays for ManU u can bet on him scoring 30+ goals a season!:D Like in CM!:D

FORZA INTER!!!
No Montella per Adriano Grazie!!!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moratti is quite fond of Adriano and I don;t think it will happen.And Adriano never really had a chance with Inter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
yeah i think inter should just leave adriano.they already got lost of strikes

·
Registered
155 Posts
There´s no doubt about Montella´s scoring skills, but the fact is that he is almost ten years older than Adriano. We cannot let another rising star (like we did with Mutu) go to another club. Maybe we can swap somebody else to Montella. What about injury prone Ronnie? He´s future isn´t so clear. Though I would hate to see him leave us.

Adriano has played well in Fiorentina, the best thing for him would be if we loaned him for another year to a smaller club. If we have both Bobogol and R9 in good form next season, plus Recoba, Kallon and maybe Ventola, Adriano would mostly be sitting on the bench, even though he´s better than Nicky. Actually we don´t need Montella at all (if Ronie and Bobo are healthy).

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Also you should probably consider that Montella has just signed a new contract, still im sure hell sign for you:dielaugh::dielaugh:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Romafan:
What about Montella´s comments this week about either Capello or he will leave Roma this summer? And Capello just extended his contract yesterday.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
yeah, its called propagada ****, its a shame that papers resort to this to sell papers, Montella HAS signed, Capello has signed, no panic in our camp at all:cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Propaganda or not, I think Montella is a little bit unsettled.

Seriously we don´t need Montella, although he´s a great player.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With Batigol looking for a new club,I think Montella will fit just right in Cappelo's squad.And I also think Adriano should play for Inter next season.

·
Registered
870 Posts
i want capello as our ball man on the pitch and zebina as the grass man :howler:
i will give them 20$ a month
damn how i hate those people

1 - 12 of 12 Posts