Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who's it going to be? Virga I was really impressed with and I'm wondering if I want to have De Rossi in the side when he hasn't done nearly what Virga has. Curci I want in net. So here's what I got:

Curci
Scurto Chivu Mexes (if he's playing if not Dellas)

Mancini Cufre Dacourt Virga

Totti
Cassano

Montella

Curci because he is playing better than Zotti and Pelizzoli though still needs to work on his rebound control

Scurto deserves more of a shot then Ferrari
Chivu because he's Chivu
Mexes so he can start playing well for Roma again

Mancini is debatable as he was only involved in the scoring play last game and Cufre definately could replace Mancini with De Rossi in the centre.
Cufre in the centre because he is a lion and I wouldn't want to bench him in favour of De Rossi or Mancini though the more logical solution is to do what I said above. This move of course is to make room for Virga in the side
Dacourt because he was decent last game and he's performing better than De Rossi so far this season
Virga because he in a single game did better defensive work than anyone bar Cufre and I'd like to see him given more of a chance

I don't need to explain the trident

So what are your thought and what are your suggestions.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Curci
Panucci-Mexes-Chivu-Cufre
Mancini-Dacourt-Aquilani-
------------------------Cassano
------Totti-Montella

It will be a real treat to see the Mexes-Chivu-partnership, might be one of the best CB-pairs soon.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
I would definitely agree with most of what you say except Scurto.He seems to be not as settled as he should in first team football.I would also try and be more creative on the left flank for our attacks.
---------------------------CURCI---------------------------------
---MEXES-------------------CHIVU-------------------CUFRE-----
-------------DACOURT---------DE ROSSI------VIRGA----------
---MANCINI----------TOTTI-------------------------------------
-----------------------------------CASSANO---------------------
---------------------------MONTELLA----------------------------

How about that for a team,solid in the middle of the park with Cufre playing a Cafu role,when he goes into attack,Virga goes over and covers the space until he gets back.Also,Mancini pushes up the other flank.My only doubt is no tall defenders,so may be vulnerable to high balls at the back.Obviously,Dellas could come,yet I would have to sacrifive a more technically gifted defender to do so or resort to a back four and drop a central defender.Any thoughts.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Like with Italy, I think its the tridente which unbalances us, but at the same time we should beat Reggina if we start the tridente.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Code:
               Curci
       Mexes - Chivu - Ferrari
Mancini - Dacourt - Aquilani - Virga
                Totti
          Montella - Cassano
Very similar to Roma10's, but I prefer Dacourt and Aquilani instead of Dacourt and De Rossi in midfield.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Thotobald said:
Code:
               Curci
       Mexes - Chivu - [I]Cufré*[/I]
                Totti
          Montella - Cassano
Very similar to Roma10's, but I prefer Dacourt and Aquilani instead of Dacourt and De Rossi in midfield.

* Ferrari if Cufré is suspended, which he probably is.
I agree with you there.Recently,Aquilani has been playing better than De Rossi,The advantage of Daniele is that he is a box to box player and can always get you a goal.
P.S.With TV evidence,Leandro Cufre was given a 2 match ban for an off the ball incident.SPORTAL

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
i think we should never ever play a three man defence it really hurt us with del neri so we should play 4 man defence!! and since cufre is suspended then we should move scurto in the left and play ferrari on the right...i only say this because i saw the udinese match and if you look carefully you can see that scurto played left in the second half and he was alrite...

---------curci---------------------

ferrari---mexes---chivu---scurto---

mancini/virga-----dacourt---aquilani

-------------totti-----------------

----montella-----------cassano----

then again conti could play a 4-4-2 and sit montella out and play aquilani in the centre and aquilani did play good in the centre so who knows wut is gonna happen... :stress:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Cufre caught by video evidence
Tuesday 12 April, 2005
Leandro Cufre has been given a two-match ban for striking David Di Michele during Sunday’s game, while Lazio are penalised for Fascist banners among their fans.

Roma full-back Cufre was caught on camera punching Udinese man Di Michele on the chin as the pair waited for a free kick to be floated into the box.

He is not new to such a gesture, as a similar incident on Juve’s Alessandro Del Piero went unpunished due to a technicality. However, video evidence was used this time and the Argentine will be suspended for the Serie A games against Reggina and Siena.
----------------------

well curfré's out

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
sinoy1 said:
i think we should never ever play a three man defence it really hurt us with del neri so we should play 4 man defence!!
we won a scudetto with a 3-man defense, it's not the 3 in the back that hurt us this season under Del Neri, it was the lack of implemented tactics and awareness to go with the chosen formation (he concentrated on just the trident). besides, our only valid options for wingbacks in a 4-man defense are Panucci and Cufré and the latter is suspended.
Thotobald said:
Code:
               Curci
       Mexes - Chivu - Ferrari
                Totti
          Montella - Cassano
a very balanced team if Virga repeats his last performance, Mancini doesn’t choke and we actually utilize our midfield and not just kick it up to Totti or Cassano and stay back hoping they’d do something.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
According to gazzetta.it, Roma will field:

(4-3-1-2)

-------------------Curci------------------

Panucci------Ferrari------Mexes------Chivu

-----Mancini------Dacourt-----Aquilani-----

-------------------Totti-------------------

--------Montella--------------Cassano-----

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
i totally forgot that panucci is comming back so he must start on the right but i think scurto should be on the left and chivu take over the centre with ferrari on the bench...he is just a liability :groan:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Will this be the first time Chivu and Mexes play together? Which is something I've been waiting for all season.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
-------------------- curci --------------------
--------- mexes ---- chivu ---- scurto --------
mancini ------ de rossi ----- dacourt ----- virga
------------------- totti ---------------------
------------- montella ---- cassano ----------

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Goodfellas

Most of you agree that we should be giving more of our youth players a chance.Below,there is a pic from a ROMA web site.They seem to be taking a shine to the Conti Boys.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just saw that movie yesterday. Ahh Martin Scorsese New york creates so many authentic artists than LA! Not the best ending though.

May I ask why Primo for the De Rossi and Aquilani pairing?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I want to see (or hear ;)) that Okaka gets a run. even as a sub :stuckup: :D

i'm sure he'll break the record for youngest player in Serie A ever. :star: and if he manages to score a goal... :eekani:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Totti

Montella - De Rossi - Cassano - Scurto

Dacourt - Mancini - Cufre - Dellas

Mexes - Ferrari

1 - 20 of 143 Posts