Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We play Real on Wednesday in an empty Olimpico, in what is, on paper, a meaningless match for us. I think the majority of us here would love to see a full strenght Roma tear into a troubled Real, get some pride back for the capital, and take these ****ers out of the CL. I doubt Del Neri will feel the same though. What kind of lineup are we expecting here. Can an unmotivated Roma take Real out of the CL? It would be amazing! :eekani:

·
Registered
64,504 Posts
Unmotivated Roma ? Nah. :)

Your players will play for pride. Beating Real Madrid and knocking them out of the CL would really boost your confidence and overall squad morale. No need to rest Totti as he's suspended for the Brescia game. IMO you should field your best eleven and go for victory.

Best of luck ! I'll watch this game and hopefully it'll be a cracker (eventhough the fans presence will be sorely missed, the Roma fans are incredible :star: )

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
A note of advise
Just take it easy, dont get us mad.
We already gave u 26 Millions for Samuel last summer
now if you guys behave well give u some cash for Totti.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Well, I for one think that the players will be motivated enough, it's not every day that you get a chance to take Real out of CL in the first round. I hope Del Neri fields a full strenght side, he may well be forced to anyway, we have so many injuries that the other option is playing with mostly Primavera players, and I don't think he will want to do that against Real. Totti and cassano may want to impress their potential future teammates too. :(
But unfortunately I think that Real will be really motivated for this one, they will be defending their fat paychecks from all the commercials and stuff, early exit from the CL will really hurt the Galacticos' reputations. And if they get going, they are still very, very hard to beat, especially by a team with so many problems as ours. So I am really pesimistic. But it would be awesome to put them out of the CL.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
All the pressure will be on Real. Roma have nothing to lose or gain (but the club gaining 700.000 Euros for the eventual win). Totti will not play next sunday in Serie A cause suspended, so I believe he will be in the lineup.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised if we saw a little bit of Corvia in this game but I think Roma will field it's strongest side. De Rossi is still out though.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
if Roma draws and Bayer-Kiev draws then real are out right? :D:D

uefa cup might be a good test for madrid's powers :finger:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Alter Ego said:
A note of advise
Just take it easy, dont get us mad.
We already gave u 26 Millions for Samuel last summer
now if you guys behave well give u some cash for Totti.
If this is true, Totti will like to convince Florentino doing a great match :pp

·
Registered
626 Posts
I think it depends on how motivated the players are ..it may be a meaningless match for roma ..but the players especially Totti and Cassano will wanna show that they can kick big teams ass ...i expect a full streght roma side to knock real out of cl.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
FORZA ROMA daiii,"fai un onore grande e brucia sti bastardi" :dielaugh:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
With Totti banned for the Brescia game I can only see him playing here. I hope he does anyway. If Cassano is fit I would only put him on the bench (due to hsi injury) and maybe bring him on for the last 30 mins.

Is De Rossi available?

My team:

---------------------Peli------------------------
----------Panucci----Dellas-----Ferrari----------
--Mancini---De Rossi--Aquilani--Perrotta---Cufre--
---------------------Totti----------------------
----------------Montella-----------------------

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Primo said:
I want to defeat Real and all, but I just can't seem to get up for this match.
Think about the eqaulizer in the first game;)

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
A win here makes people think more about Roma than if we entered the second round and went out :eek:

Anyway, with De Rossi suspended, I can only either put Cassano, D'Ago or Corvia into the attack!

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
i hope Mido can make it for this game.. i'm sure he'll do much better than his previous apperances..

but still his head power will be useless with our maginificent crosses from both wings.. :wallbang:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Real have it all to play for,we do not.I reckon their desire will be stronger than our will.As for Mido,if we gave him good crosses,I am sure he could get goals.Having said that,this limitation in his play is not good for a team.Certainly,not an all round player and could never be compared to a great like Batistuta.I am sure he will be moved on in January.Not because of his lack of goals,more for his lack of quality.They are really disappointed at his first touch and overall ability in training.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
No fans in the stadium...a meaningless game for Roma....I hope Del Neri is smart and saves the starters for Serie A. Totti should rest too rather than risk injury for nothing.

Zotti
Panucci(Mexes)-Ferrari-Scurto
Sartor-De Martino-Aquilani-Candela
D'Agostino
Delvecchio-Corvia(Mido)

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
i know hes big but i never considered Mido as the player to just sit in the box and wait for headers...when ive watched him he has a lot more skill than that...he should be able to hold the ball up and occasionally turn defenders while doing so...we shouldnt expect him to wait for crosses as Mancini is not good at all and we have no left sided player to do so besides one of our fowards like Cassano or Totti, but thats just a big waste to rely on them while they should be with mido or playing off of him waiting for a cross or rebound.

·
Registered
261 Posts
real madrid will destroy roma. :D we have no other choice! just another victim. :D

1 - 20 of 145 Posts