Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without getting into specifics, it's clear enough that Roma should be leading Serie A by quite a margin. Should we also add that just a few days ago they beat Real Madrid at the Santiago Barnabeu in outstanding fashion :shades: the prospects of entering The Wolf Cage ain't exactly mouth watering if not for them :notlist:

If logics mean anything, we are the metaphorical parallel of the sacrificial lamb to be fed to hungry wolfs, and of all wolfs, the nasty and hungry Giallorossi Wolfs :scared: may Uncle Lucifer lift our spirits and spare us some courage :hopeful:

It's way too early for speculated lineups on both sides, what ain't speculation but pure reality is the fact that Roma are literally crushing opponents apart, and, if not for the odd red card awarded to Mexes in the dying minutes of their away game in San Siro just over a week ago, they would have deservedly upset Inter too.

I have no idea how Ancelotti will field the team and even less of an idea of how we'll be able to cope with The Wolfs, given our fatigue and lack of form, even though after so long our players will have a full week to focus on the match. What's for sure, is that if we're going to achieve the miracle of avoiding defeat, we'll need perform beyond our best.
Would be ironic if of all teams it would be us handing over the Scudo to our most hated rivals, but this is another story :doh:

We currently trail Fiorentina by a point and they'll be playing at home against Genoa.

Forza Milan :heart:

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
tough one. probably the worst game of all, as roma are on form the best team in italy. however a i smell a big gift to our cousins on its way ... :devil:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arrigo Sacchi on tv just minutes ago. "Roma is one of the few teams I would currently pay the ticket for" :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
How about not trying too hard in this one? You don't want to be helping Inter, do you? ;)

And you'll most probably be able to finish in front of Fiorentina even if you lose this one.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Indeed, "The fear of Wolfs"

Roma, a team I have a great respect for, have built on their success, and they're marching on! At home, they have this ability to get in control, even if key players aren't having their best day, they can come through!!

I respect Spaletti as a coach, he managed to create a rare kind of harmony in his team, and at the moment, what I fear most is Vucinic coming off the bench, a killer super sub!!

But we can win, simply because we need to!!

Most importantly is to get Nesta back in full training over the week, and of course Seedorf!! If Kaka' is in form, we have a good chance of doing our cousins the favor of their lifetime!!!

FORZA MILAN!!!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about not trying too hard in this one? You don't want to be helping Inter, do you? ;)

And you'll most probably be able to finish in front of Fiorentina even if you lose this one.
I fear that our trying won't make that much difference :doh: and Inter is already rather helped anyways if I ain't mistaken :undecide:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
If a loss to Roma meant that the scudetto would go to the eternal city, then by all means. I already told Javier what I would do in this case ;)

However I fear despite Roma getting a victory, Inert will still be winning lo scudetto, maybe with another couple of easy Ibra goals from the spot.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Let's hope Inter drops points, in that case we'll have the refs on our side ;)
:dielaugh: Could be, could be. :pp Fortunately for Roma, we will be playing before i perdenti on Saturday.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:dielaugh: Could be, could be. :pp Fortunately for Roma, we will be playing before i perdenti on Saturday.
...old style gobbesque preventive action perhaps :undecide:

Anyway, Roma are an indeed formidable team, hats off to them :shades:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
...old style gobbesque preventive action perhaps :undecide:

Anyway, Roma are an indeed formidable team, hats off to them :shades:

Agreed.

This game comes at bad timing, we really need the points, but almost feel like giving them away... I predict 1-1, Paloschi getting on the score sheet and further confirming he is the real deal.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Absolute mission impossible this!
We will really need a miracle to even get a point. It really does suck that if we win we pretty much hand Inter the tittle, but i got a feeling Inter can really let the title slip out of their hands. This is definetly a much tougher game than the one against Juve away simply because roma's confidence is absolutely sky high what a difference a win away to Real makes...
Well good luck to Roma in their title hunt..... begining from next Monday the 17th i hope they win all their remaining games :D

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I fear the Empolis and Sienas more than La Magicas and Violas. Milan is a big game team and we always have been. This is a HUGE fixture. Roma will let "Roma" get to their head. Every time they get high they falter (see them v Siena?), and they are as high right now as they have been in years. Gila always does well against them (although after Empoli it's hard to point out anything he's bringing to the dance right now). Last year they slapped us around a bit in the league, lucky draw in coppa 1st leg but the 2nd leg we got absolutely pasted. In Milan they played a perfect game and we were lucky to only lose 0-1. Of course this is a different Roma, a dynamic well oiled Roma with pistons firing from every position. They are in dazzling form 1-11, at every position, and even subs like Vucinic have turned into world beaters.

Yet, I feel good. Viola's poor result will give us hope and fan for the flames, and our midfield will have a lot to say about the current Romano centrocampisti craze that is dominating Italian radio, tv and public domains right now. I thought Sacci was going to masturbate on Aquilani the other night he was getting carried away with himself nearly fell off the chair!

I don't want to say to much about Spalletti, other than ask any of you if you read Bronzetti's interview last week where he said he has had "a few dinners with Galliani and Berlusconi" and they all get on well together?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
This was from the Bronzetti int.

Si chiama Luciano Spalletti.
"E infatti Spalletti è stimatissimo in Spagna. Non è mica un mistero che il tecnico della Roma sia ricercatissimo proprio per questa sua filosofia di gioco, che gli spagnoli apprezzano tantissimo".

Ci sta dando una notizia?
"Che Spalletti sia un allenatore “chiacchierato” in Spagna lo sanno tutti. Da più parti si dice che gioca il miglior calcio al mondo. Lo scrivono anche i suoi colleghi".

Spalletti per Schuster il prossimo anno?
«Mah, nel calcio ci sta tutto. Io sono un grande estimatore di Spalletti. Parecchie sere fa lo incontrai a Milano con Galliani e Berlusconi.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
If a loss to Roma meant that the scudetto would go to the eternal city, then by all means. I already told Javier what I would do in this case ;)

You better make sure you have a nimbleness and flexibility of an Olympic gymnast :D

In bocca al lupo, literally.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,586 Posts
Galliani said that Gattuso, Nesta, Jankulovski and Seedorf will probably return in time for this match.

Great news if true. I never quite realized we were missing that many starters :D

1 - 20 of 408 Posts