Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Piatek x Paqueta is done. Leao moves to the left, Hakan AMC.

Really poor game for Paquetá... Still not sure I'd have taken him off, but really can't complain when he plays like that.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Lol! Calabria. Idiot.

I remember crying for something to be done about that RB position before the season begins. I think it was @van who rationalized why it's not so important
True, fair enough.

Hard for me to imagine Calabria and Conti would be this poor though. On paper we should be covered there.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
What is up with the marking during corners ffs

We are man marking so these are individual mistakes, no?

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Roma corners are like penalties for them.
Was it you who said the same about Free Kicks when Abbiati was our goalie? That always cracked me up.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Good subs
Agreed. However, unfortunately the mental breakdown seems already in place. We could still get something here, but this team responds horribly to pressure or adversity.

I could see us come back to 2-3 only to then lose it 4-3 with set pieces and mistakes in the last two minutes.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
wtf how did Dzeko not get sent off in the first half and how did he earn that freekick after Bennacer cleanly took the ball

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Theme for next training session should be; how to not pass it directly to an opponent when playing it up from defence.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Theo a bad mistake there, almost cost us one. I'd say it's contagious but Theo is know for those too. Very good play after that from him. Still probably did not get a single decent cross. Something to work on.

I've been impressed by Veretout and Zaniolo, and of course Dzeko. What a player.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
ahhhh come on

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
I think Giampaolo's attacking was so bad that Pioli focused 100% on that in training...

... and they forgot how to train to defend.

I think the result is really flattering to Roma. Again, same like Lecce.

I feel the team is almost there.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
This team needs a face lift I've said it for years and it goes over everybodys head. We need to get rid a major reconstruction both in midfield and defense, We should write off this season we won't finish higher then we did last year. Sell Hakan,Suso,Conti,Rodriguez,Mussachio and Bigilia and actually sign some quality players in LW,RW,CM,RB AND CB. No more signing unknown quantities this doesn't work build on Kessie,Paqueta,Piatek,Donnarumma and Theo. Restarting isn't anything to be embarassed about but to keep on trying year after year expecting different results with the same players is madness.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Well that's that.

IMO Theo and especially Donna the only bright lights here. I guess Romagnoli didn't play too bad either... the rest...

9 games in, we're 7 points from Champions League and 3 from relegation.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
another week another loss of points. Luckily Juve, Inter and Napoli also lost points this week.. Oh wait.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
I think Giampaolo's attacking was so bad that Pioli focused 100% on that in training...

... and they forgot how to train to defend.

I think the result is really flattering to Roma. Again, same like Lecce.

I feel the team is almost there.
We definitely looked improved for passages, but still created very little. Not too hard to improve as we were so bad under Giampaolo.

But Roma were better and deserved the win, and they were closer to win by two than we were to equalize IMO.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts