Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I ask myself, why do we even bother arguing about team tactics, formation, probable lineup, coaching decisions, when we know what to expect (performance wise) come kick off time? Like, is there really anything worth saying about this team that has not been said here?

But then...

So what you think
Please discuss

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
I saw a lot of improvement last game.

Unfortunately the mental aspect is very weak. The team entered full panic mode after the Conti mistake that led to the penalty for 1-1, and then it could have gone either way, as it did. The mistake by Biglia in the end (and Suso before that) was also part of that -- just way too nervous, over complicating.

But the first half was pretty damn impressive. The thing is that Hakan was our best player by a huge margin, and I doubt he'll play as good as that ever again. Even half of that would be amazing.

The other issue of course is that this should a much tougher game. We need to defend a lot better.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Looking forward to the official line up.
Lets see if Pioli will stick to the same formation and players.
First match with new coach has always been a fluke. This match we will witness how things are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
“If you hit one player, you hit us all, you hit me and you hit Milan. We have to be positive and not let ourselves get caught up in hysteria."

Only authoritarian regimes in Middle East speak like that!

Fire Pioli!

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
“If you hit one player, you hit us all, you hit me and you hit Milan. We have to be positive and not let ourselves get caught up in hysteria."

Only authoritarian regimes in Middle East speak like that!

Fire Pioli!

I thought he got that line from the mafia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Roma: Pau Lopez; Spinazzola, Fazio, Smalling, Kolarov; Veretout, Mancini; Zaniolo, Pastore, Perotti; Dzeko

Roma bench: Mirante, Fuzato, Juan Jesus, Cetin, Florenzi, Santon, Calafiori, Darboe, Riccardi, Antonucci

Milan: G Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Paqueta, Biglia, Kessie; Suso, Leao, Calhanoglu

Milan bench: Reina, A. Donnarumma, Calabria, Duarte, Gabbia, Krunic, Bennacer, Castillejo, Borini, Rebic, Piatek

Ref: Orsato

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Yeah... Though I imagine this time Paqueta maybe play a less offensive role? Let's see.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Doesn't look that way, same formation too for now. 4231

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
Like in the first half against Lecce: we are playing decently well considering it's away at Roma. As someone mentioned, it's the mental toughness that will really be the test.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
After an excellent start for Milan, Roma are getting a bit better now as we're losing the edge. We're losing the 50/50 balls and not creating anymore.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Roma are there for the taking. Are they this bad or it's the injuries affecting them?

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
Anyway I don't think it's much about us playing really well but it looks like Roma are terrible.

Once they wake up it's done for us

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
We are much better than before though. Even Kessie. He made the best pass I have ever seen him do in his Milan career for Paqueta's offside goal..

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
The commentator described the game well "Something of nothing". Not particularly boring game but actually nothing noteworthy happening

1 - 20 of 92 Posts