Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, only a couple of days left till our game with Livorno and no discussion yet?

Livorno are coming off a good run of results, including the impressive 1-0 defeat of Samp last week. I haven't seen them much this season(if i've seen them at all), but they've got some handy players, like the Portugese Vidigal, and Lucarelli upfront, who's already scored a bucketful of goals this season, he's not the most mobile, but he's tricky in the air, ideal for Dellas really;)

Mexes and Cassano are both suspended. Ordinarily i'd say throw Cufre into the centre and play a 3-4-1-2, but since we have an apparent lack of left wingers, i guess we'e stuck with a 4-3-1-2 or something along those lines, hopefully with Corvia starting.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
last week's def against inter ve broken del neri's heart but he shud concentrate on the up coming games v r not out yet of the 4th place

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Roma will lose 3-0 with Lucarelli scoring 2 and Protti the other.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Its not looking good. Hopefully Chivu will come back for good soon since we got Mexes expelled. What worries me the most is our defense. With Ferrari and Pelizzoli trying to break the world record of worst player on the pitch. Mexes was the only one who could run but now our defense is slow and the only one who can play well is Dellas but he needs a fast player next to him. I hope that our tridente will feel on form and score 2 goals right away so that the morale will be up for us and not them. I think its tough to decide scores with our current team and form and all that is going on.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Goal.com 2/17/2005 8:07:00 PM said:
Christian Chivu played his first match for AS Roma after a strenuous four month injury layoff that greatly hindered the Giallorossi’s league campaign.
Delneri fielded the Romania star for the entire second half in the friendly match Roma won over Almas 8-1.

Chivu apparently felt no pain in his right foot, that gave him so many problems from the moment he first injured it this summer.

He also delighted the crowd with a fantastic free kick goal.

Chivu’s return comes just at the right time for Roma as only yesterday Mexes was banned for six weeks by the TAS as a result of irregularities in his transfer from Auxerre.

He is expected to officially return to action when the Giallorossi face bitter rivals Juventus.
so he's still gonna miss 2 matches?

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I have a bad feeling for this game. Livorno are a very good team, they outplayed Milan a few weeks ago, they just beat Sampdoria. We are missing Cassano and mexes, two of our key players right now. My hope is in Totti and Montella once again, because I can't see us keeping a clean sheet or even conceding less than two goals. Pelizzoli is totally lacking any confidence and common sense right now, Zotti is also very shaky, Ferrari is unreliable. etc.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Oggi i la squadra ha disputato una partita di allenamento con l'Almas a Trigoria. Il risultato finale è stato di 9 a 1. Per la Roma sono andati in gol Corvia (4), Cerci (2), Aquilani, Chivu e Mexes.

Indisponibili: Cassano e Scurto. Virga ha dovuto abbandonare il campo per una contusione alla caviglia destra.

Little training match as shown above. Scurto and Virga didnt train which means we have to call the back up primaveras for tomorrows match unless they regain fitness :D Probably Freddi or Briotti and Simonetta or Landorlina. Im not so sure.

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
I agree w/ Demandred here. It's gonna be a difficult affair. I believe we won at Livorno 0-2 in the fall, but they seem to have a new swagger under Donadoni. They are a passionate, compact club, two things we are not right now.
Still, we have home field advantage, Totti & Montella. Del Neri needs to screw his head back on and play with four midfielders at all times. We simply cannot afford to surrender that part of the pitch.
Cassano's yellow vs. Inter was very silly, actually, and it hurts us. Mancini MUST step up again. He was amazing vs. Messina, but seems to have dipped down again the last three matches.
Tough to win this one, but I think we have to in order to compete. This is probably the easiest match of the six to come.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Cassano's yellow v Inter was brilliant Primo.

He was injured and probably gonna miss this match v Livorno due to his slight pull of the hamstring.

So he might as well miss the game through suspension as he was already injured. Now he will not miss our big matches through suspension (unless he gets a red in one of them)

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I think we played well that match, despite impossible conditions. The rain was heavier than anything I've ever experienced before. It wasn't a fantastic performance, but after all we were playing badly in that period. So were Livorno though. :blind:

Their performances have been impressive against stronger teams away from home, don't you think? They drew with Milan and played very good against Juventus. Obviously a difficult opponent, but I think we have the creativity through Totti to beat them. It's televised here. I don't know if that brews to joy or sadness, but I'm looking forward to it one way or the other. :scared:

forza

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
La lista dei Convocati per la sfida con il Livorno

Amantino
Aquilani
Corvia
Cufrè
Curci
Dacourt
Dellas
De Rossi
Ferrari
Montella
Panucci
Pelizzoli
Perrotta
Scurto
Totti
Xavier
Cerci
Briotti
Grillo

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Will be really interesting to see who gets Cassanos place in the tridente, just hope it isn´t Mancini, would like to see Corvia or Cerci. 100% sure we will win this one and hope it can give us fire before the extremly tough games that is ahead of us.
Forza Lupi!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Mancini will play and IMo it isnt so bad. he can give us more width than what Cassano maybe does and this could possibly suit Montella and Totti.

Anyway, if the match goes badly then Corvia should be entered and play closer to Montella.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
ma che cazzo vuoi, del neri?!

every preview i read so far, features Pippazzoli in goal.
i hope it's not true.

two weeks ago he said Carletto will be number one from now on, and after Ivan's glorious performance in san siro he'll start again this afternoon? :rollani:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I mentioned it earlier, this match is on TV. :neutral:

It's like hell watching us play lately. You just sense every time the opposition have the ball that this could decide whether we have il tridente next season or not. It's like the entire club is on stake. I mean, if we don't win this match, we could easily miss out on the last CL spot. Not that I personally care about that shitty league since we aren't welcome in, but players love it. Our players, potential signings. And of course money $$ :blind:

Our future is on stake almost every match until June. :eyepatch: And then there's this match against la vecchia troia in two weeks. God damnit, can we handle it?

Anyway, let's just hope we can deal with Livorno today..

Stay safe, fratelli :heart:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts