Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Roma-Inter sets Serie A record
Football Italia
8 Hours Ago

Stefan de Vrij’s opener means Roma-Inter is now the highest-scoring match in Italian top-flight history with 500 goals.

The fixture already had a lot riding on it for Inter as they could cut the deficit on Juventus at the top to just three points with a win.

It took just 15 minutes for De Vrij to put them ahead at the Olimpico – and make top-flight history.

Not only was his header the 500th goal scored in Roma-Inter matches played in Serie A and its predecessors, but it also ensured the fixture was the most prolific of its kind.

---

Not a surprise. The 4-5 game of 98-99, the 5-3 of 10-11, 3-3s, big wins for us where we scored 4, same for Roma putting 4 past us etc..

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
VAR intervened and alerted the ref, that's why he went to view it on the screen. If it wasn't clear and obvious why did VAR get in touch with Di bello to begin with? To ask what he was going to have for dinner? Clearly VAR thought it was a foul and told the ref to check it for a correctional purpose. VAR also has a professional ref in it not a rookie. Simply, either the ref is too arrogant to admit he fecked up and change his decision, or he is 'afraid' to disallow it. But it had to be disallowed. It's hardly my opinion alone, either.
They asked him to review the decision. That in itself doesn't automatically mean the reversal ought to be granted. Were that the case, then there ought to be an outrage every time a ref says no after a review.

Maybe I can put it to you another way. In legal proceedings, an appellate judge will not overturn a trial judge's finding of facts unless there was such a grave and manifest error. The mere fact the appellate judge would have decided differently is not enough. A higher threshold needs to be met and this is the sort of mechanism that is at play here.

You won't agree and that's fine. I have a feeling you'd be much more appreciative of this if the shoe were on the other foot though. Like I said, I'd be extremely pissed if we scored a goal and it was disallowed for the same type of contact on, say, Bernadeschi. You're saying you'd just accept that with zero objections?

Reactions: Osman

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Yeah, if Lautaro wasn't such a prominent diver he probably would have gotten the freekick.
Exactly

The classic Boy Who Cried Wolf dynamic.

He dives 500 times a season. Then when some semi-legit foul comes along, the ref is unlikely to buy it.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
How many fake penalties has Lautaro won due to his 500 dives a season?

I think you are confusing him with Dybala.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts

Del Piero and Di Canio. 0 affiliation to Inter. Both in agreement that Lautaro was fouled and goal should not have stood.

Not to mention the link I posted earlier for a website run by ROMANISTI, also saying it was a foul.

Ex ref Graziano Cesari was amazed it wasn't given

Funny, Ronaldo is known as a diver for years before juve but refs had no problem giving him a fake penalty in the 95th minute against Genoa when juve needed it to win the match.

Whatever happened to boy crying wolf dynamic in that particular case?

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Lautaro finally off.

Shocking performance.
And it is not the first.
I'm sure Marotta is just pretending that he wants to keep him. The truth is that selling him for 111 million euros would have been a tremendous bargain for Inter. I wouldn't buy him for a half of it. The most disappointing thing about this guy is that, contrarily to what you would expect from a guy whose surname is "the Bull", when he loses confidence he doesn't make one thing right and you have to replace him soon before he makes something really wrong.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
I was getting irritated with one thing in particular last night...Lautaro constantly trying to trap or flick the ball with his back to it and using the sole of his foot while airborne. It wasn't coming off for him yesterday and he kept doing it...even outside the area when collecting it in a more conventional way seemed more feasible. When possession was lost, he went to ground on more than one occasion. I'm sure @red saw these episodes as part of the Bull crying Wolf.

As for the price tag, he's demonstrated that he can play like an elite player. But let's remember this was for about half of one season. So the argument of @ToniSamp seems to hold more force in light of that. Having said that, even now, when his confidence is affected, he still retains a lot of the ability he showed earlier this season which wasn't really evident last season. So it may be that the baseline quality has been significantly raised permanently. This is still not enough as he should be playing around the level he showed earlier this season.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
We won't get 111mill cash but we will get 70mill and 1 or 2 Barca players which is a great deal. Gracias Messi.

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
I was getting irritated with one thing in particular last night...Lautaro constantly trying to trap or flick the ball with his back to it and using the sole of his foot while airborne. It wasn't coming off for him yesterday and he kept doing it...even outside the area when collecting it in a more conventional way seemed more feasible.
Sounds just like Paqueta earlier in the season when he took on pressure while rolling the ball with his left foot standing still. Suddenly two players was on him and he lost the ball, again and again.. Seemingly he has quit that silly trait now.

Your penalty must have been one of the clearest I seen in a while.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Moses really took one for the team there.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
We won't get 111mill cash but we will get 70mill and 1 or 2 Barca players which is a great deal. Gracias Messi.
Agree

We'll ultimately do very well out of a Lautaro sale

Vidal would be good for his energy, guile and experience. Can't be underestimated. Was often the 2nd best player on the pitch when I watched Barca this season.

Don't know enough about Firpo TBH but if he's a capable wing back then take him

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
I watched the Lautaro foul incident again and actually have come round to thinking it was a foul.

But I still don't believe for a second there was some biased reffing. Or that we would have won the game if we'd gone into the 2nd half 1-0 up. No way in hell.

True Juve got 2 completely bogus pens against Atalanta - no doubt dodgy as f**k.

But Lautaro goes down so pathetically easy that it is hard to take anything he does seriously although, granted, it's much easier to say that now that he's playing like dogsh*t to engineer a move to Barcelona...

Whatever the outcome should have been, we weren't going to win that match with that terrible performance level. Simply terrible. Brozovic was horrible as trequartista.

Ultimately, Juve have an entire extra level of depth in their squad that no other team has.and that's why they're champions. Simple.

No one made Lautaro miss a pen against Bologna. No one made Gagliardini miss from 2 yards against Sassuolo. No one forced Skriniar to back of Vlahovic against Fiorentina. No one knew that Sensi is simply unable to play at the level of a Conte mezzala for more than 1/4 of a season. No one knew Godin would be that terrible as an RCB. But such is life....

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Thing is, juve's depth goes beyond having more footballers..

Oh and if you read any juve forum or fanpage, they think a lot of their current players are not good enough. I guess they would know more about their team than us. Not to mention Sarri being called shit and what not.

I didn't see the juve-Atalanta game or even bother with its highlights but juve already received help earlier this season. Check my thread. The Atalanta v juve game in Bergamo was a HUGE farce, among other calls..

I have already admitted that we lost some points due to our faults. Due to our failure to kill off games and failure to defend. Obviously there were lost points that had nothing to do with bad officiating. But there were matches impacted by dodgy refereeing for sure..

If Inter were 1-0 up we probably would have been more cautious at the start of the second half in Rome and closed down spaces better. Moreover the equalizer right before HT obviously gave Roma a lift. A goal can change a game.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Following on from what you said, the stats show that, in 5 of 8 games post-restart, our opponents have had more rest than us. In Juve's case, it's 0 out of 8.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
59,120 Posts

Ref Di Bello who decided that Lautaro was not fouled.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
That was hardly a foul. First of all there was no contact between the feet of the players. All I see is Lautaro tumbling like a bag of feathers.

This combined with your weird penalty in dying minutes of game means you don't have much to complain about imo.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
"No contact between the feet of players"

"Your weird penalty"..

ok. Either you need new glasses or a new tv (or a new mobile phone, depending on where you watch matches)

Even a Milan fan called the penalty clear earlier in this thread and a juve legend said Lautaro was fouled.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Thing is, juve's depth goes beyond having more footballers..

Oh and if you read any juve forum or fanpage, they think a lot of their current players are not good enough. I guess they would know more about their team than us. Not to mention Sarri being called shit and what not.
You would take Juve's team in a heartbeat though. There really isn't a contest between the strength of the squads. They have a few back-up players that would walk into your first-team.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Sounds just like Paqueta earlier in the season when he took on pressure while rolling the ball with his left foot standing still. Suddenly two players was on him and he lost the ball, again and again.. Seemingly he has quit that silly trait now.

Your penalty must have been one of the clearest I seen in a while.
That was hardly a foul. First of all there was no contact between the feet of the players. All I see is Lautaro tumbling like a bag of feathers.

This combined with your weird penalty in dying minutes of game means you don't have much to complain about imo.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts