Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its gonna be very hard for our fighting wolves now, Chievo are a good team and by all means will challenge us in an attempt to get into the top of European action, we are now in 3rd and Juve will not slip up, they have such a determination in them that i honestly couldnt see them faultering now and i hate to be a pesimist about this but unless Robbie Baggio can save us i think the best we can hope for is a 2nd or playoff for 1st or most likely 2nd, IMO Juve have the leauge, Inter are gonna fukk up again and us, i think well beat Chievo and also Torino but that wont cut it now, maybe if Juve lose points for bribing officals?:D
In Milan we were very bad, Montella was good just unlucky, Totti was clearly wrecked with his injury but he will play on Sunday, Capp is banned and so is Candela whos performances havent been great really, dont you think? When Capp was banned bf it didnt make a diffrence in fact we played very well so i think that what he has to say before the game and in the middle will be important, the coaches know the rest;)

My lineup:

------------Antonioli------------

----Panucci----Samuel--Zago-

Cafu Emerson Tommasi Delvecchio

--------------Totti-------------

-----Vincenzo-----Batistuta---

This is a team ive been waitng to see for a while, Chievo will come at us and we will have virtually 5 attacking players going at them, if Capp uses this team i couldnt see anyone beating us, Delvecchio is great in his left hand nook in an attacking role, Cafu will be playing a similar role to Delvecchio while obviously defending more, Totti has surely recovered to 90% at least and his little passing creativity has been sorely missed, we genuinely dont have anyone lese who does it like him, Montella is in great form and lets hope his morale is high, hell defenitely find the net at least once in this counter, i guarantee you;)
Bati has come back from his knock with Canna and i really think if he wants to come back now is the time to do it, ive heard he might be staying on with us longer at the mo that seems like a bad thing hopefully he can convince me otherwise.
The only thing im worried about is a low morale, ever since being kicked outta the CL our mentality has been shockingly poor but if we only make the 3rd spot, as you know with Italians, you might as well count us out of the CL next season and then like Lazio, Parma or inter if you will, expect us to do horrible in the leauge cuz that genuinely seems to be the effect this 3rd place finish has on teams, we gotta get that 2nd place at least

FORZA ROMA:proud:

·
Registered
938 Posts
You can omit Zago from your lineup because he is injured and will not make it on Sunday so its Aldair who most probably start. Remember last season? Juventus won the last 5 games straight... It could happen again unless Roby Baggio's, Mazzone's and Brescia's determination to stay in Serie A will be stronger than Juve's will to win their 26th scudetto. Then anything could happen. Inter won't have an easy game against Piacenza either because Piacenza also is fighting relegation and the worst teams to play in the last games of the season are those fighting relegation so you never know what may happen. Ditto with Juventus when they face Udinese. In the last game of the season what Lazio will do when they face Inter will depend if they still have chances of getting the 4th cl place or not. Roma won't have an easy game against Chievo who is fighting for the 4th cl place and in the last game against Torino even though Torino will have nothing to fight for being already saved from relegation, the fact that Roma has been unable to win away from the Olimpico in the ENTIRE second leg of the season makes this game unpredictable. Just as all the other remaining games for Roma, Inter and Juventus are unpredictable at this tough phase of the season for all teams. So you see it is impossible to forecast what will happen in this 2 remaining weeks because anything can still happen.

·
Registered
273 Posts
As long as we don't see Zebina in the backline, that would be a scary sight. I think Zebina ought to be sold to some EPL club because another season of Zebina in Roma would be fearful. He simply is not good enough for Serie A. Not Serie A material at all.

Italo Galbiati will be our coach since Capello is banned for this match.

Delvecchio on the wing with a 3 man backline? I have my doubts about it, Delvecchio can play on the wing with a 4 man backline, but since Candela is banned, I'd rather see Guigou in there.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Week 33 - 28/4/02
Roma – Chievo

Stadio Olimpico

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma’s Scudetto hopes took a massive blow when a mere point at Milan saw them drop down into third place. However, it could be argued that the Giallorossi have a stronger calendar than the other two contenders.

Fabio Capello already beat Chievo 3-0 at the Bentegodi Stadium this season and will hope to continue that tradition on home turf.

Francesco Totti took a sigh of relief as tests showed his thigh problem was minor and that he could take part in this match. Gabriel Batistuta remains sidelined with a painful cut to his lip, while Antonio Carlos Zago sprained an ankle. Vincent Candela’s one-match ban will force a tactical change, so Damiano Tommasi or Francisco Lima will move out wide.

All teams now know not to underestimate Chievo and the Flying Donkeys brought Inter crashing back to earth with their last minute equaliser last Sunday. Christian Manfredini could return to the playing field against what many believe will be his future club. Eriberto is also a strong target for the Capital side. A spot in the Champions’ League is theirs for the taking and Chievo are back to the kind of form that saw them leap to the top of the table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma: Antonioli; Panucci, Samuel, Zebina; Cafu, Tommasi, Emerson, Lima; Totti; Montella, Delvecchio

Chievo: Lupatelli; Moro, Legrottaglie, D’Anna, Lanna; Eriberto, Perrotta, Corini, Franceschini; Corradi, Marazzina

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
anything less than the three point is a failure... i expect a 3-1 win...

God Baggio please help Brescia tie Juve...

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's a little bit scary if Zago absent for this crucial match. Aldair is good, but we need a fast defender to cover Marrazzina or Eriberto.
I heard that Capello is going to play Tommasi on the left, and that means that we will play with Emerson and Lima at the center midfield. I see that it's not bad either as Lima is a great mid player to defend as his speed is wonderful.
I myself like to see Delvechio taking the role of Candela in the left, but seeing that there is Eriberto on Chievo's right wing, something more must be concerned.
I hope Cafu can overcome Manfredini on the other side, and show us his skillful speed and crosses.
Bati will surely be back, and showing the excellence play to get a starter spot in Argentine nt.
Montella--- take off again, please!!! Fly high !!!

My prediction : Roma 4 - Chievo 0
Bati 2 Montella 1 , Emerson 1

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Another tough match for Chievo in a row now, man:doh: they're unlucky to have to play these big scudetto-fighting teams right in the end:(. It's in Rome, so I guess you guys win...

Go Chievo, grab some points !;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Roma will not be at full strenght on Sunday because Totti, Candela and Zago are out.

Roma-Chievo

3-4-3

1 Antonioli
14 Panucci
19 Samuel
6 Aldair
2 Cafu
17 Tomassi
11 Emerson
25 Guigou
9 Montella
20 Batistuta
24 Delvecchio

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well this is probably third toughest match in a row, well out of those two we draw one and we won one.......and this time hopefully we will win BIG TIME, well i and mayb many other roma fans hope that R.Baggio can do something against juve so we can get the second place, and I am so glad to see that BAT IS fully back to this game after that shocking injure....which i though after he would neva will play...but fortunately it wasnt that bad as i thought anyway HE IS BACK..........and out IL BIMBO DE'ro is in doubt..........and personally i woulndt out him......PLEASE CAPPELLO DONT RISK HIM........so my tridende would be
.................Montella
.....Batistuta......Delvecchio
We have candela suspended for this game.....and unfortinately we dont ahve any replacements for this guy.......but i would like to see lima playing in attacking left back........and in the middle would b EMERSON........AND TOMASSI........and Cafu......
Well out back three is the major problem for this match cuz we are in criisis of injuries......panucci is in doubt so is samuel but he is in line up.....and zago injured.....plus zebina...although i wouldnt put him anyway......BUT I WAS WONDERING WHERE THE HELL IS SEVILGIA...i mean why we bought this guy if we dont use him........HE WAS IN STARTING LINE UP FOR ATALANTA LAST SEASON ......but what hapened...i mean i like the way he plays.....ESPACIALLY IN THE MATCH AGAINST ARSENAL....IN PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY............but loks like capss doesnt like that guy.......anyway i would put him if i was capss..and if he is fully fit......
and of course undoubtfully BATMAN on goals.,

so my line up is
.............Antonioli
...Siviliglia...Samuel....Aldair
..Cafu...Emersom.Tomassi...LIMA
...............Montella
....Batistuta....Delvecchio.....

GOOD LUCK ROMA BRING THOSE 3 POINTS NO MATTER WHAT....AND FORGET ABOUT INTER AND JUVE.......!!!........JUST PLAY UR GAME!

·
Registered
188 Posts
If Aldair will play, then this could very likely be his last match at the Olimpico because he is supposedly going back to the Brazilian League next season. Imagine that, Aldair made his debut with the Giallorosso jersey way back in September 1990, so many seasons and so many memories.....

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Preview: AS Roma-Chievo Verona
Roma - Chievo Verona | News Archive

A crossroads between the Champions League and the Scudetto paths (Allsport)
04/25/2002. Roma, Roma-lé : will the Giallorossi tifosi sing on Sunday afternoon or will they concede defeat in the Scudetto race ?

The question is asked. However with the talent Roma have and with – admittedly – the best coach in the world sitting on their bench, you get mixed feelings about how they fared this season.

With only two games to go, Roma do not have their fate in their hands. Those interested in Serie A will probably agree: it is a shame as, amidst Italian football's ever-deepening crisis, they are the ones who have kept a distinct landmark and produced something on the tactical level.

Still Roma also have been a tad too shy, especially away from the Olimpico. Very hard to beat, a tough nut to crack, Capello's team have not won enough away from home and conceded too many draws against the likes of Lecce and Venezia. Embarrassing, especially when you think an outfit deprived of tactical scheme like Inter was often more daring…

Pitted against Champions League chasers Chievo and with their backs against the wall, Roma must deliver one last effort in front of their fans. They missed the Scudetto bus last week as they drew with AC Milan. They must now believe in luck and give it a shot.

Stealth Chievo are still, incredibly enough, in the race for a glamorous European spot. They are also playing a crucial role in the title run-in. The Veronesi underdogs stopped Inter last week. Can they do it again this weekend in the Olimpico?

TEAM NEWS AND PROBABLE LINEUPS

Fabio Capello has been hit by unexpected defensive problems: Zago, Jonathan Zebina and Christian Panucci are all doubtful. Influential Francesco Totti could also be ruled out if his injured thigh does not heal in time. Capello won't be able to coach his team from the bench as he will be suspended for dissent following comments after last week's match with AC Milan. Vincent Candela is also suspended.

Probable: (3-4-3) Antonioli, Panucci, Samuel, Aldair, Cafu, Tommasi, Emerson, Guigou, Montella, Batistuta, Delvecchio

Luigi Del Neri has a full strength squad to choose from. It is uncertain whether he will field fading Manfredini on the wing in the team's typical 4-4-2 attacking formation. Daniele Franceschini would thus keep his place in midfield.

Probable: (4-4-2) Lupatelli, Moro, Legrottaglie, D'Anna, Lanna, Eriberto, Perrotta, Corini, Franceschini, Corradi, Marazzina

FORM GUIDES

Roma: LLWDWD
Two defeats in a row were quite astonishing form for the unbeatable Roma armada: away games lost against Liverpool in the CL and Inter in Serie A broke the team down to its knees. Resurgence came then with a win against Bologna and Parma. Away draws versus relegated Venezia and AC Milan prevented Roma from edging closer to Inter, who had lost ground in the meantime.

Chievo: DWDDWD
Solid form of late kept Chievo in the Champions League-ish zone; but this is also due to Bologna's unexpected slump. Chievo are now back in fourth place, for the first time in two months. However with just three wins in the second round of matches, Luigi Del Neri's men can be happy to still be fighting for a place in Europe.

soccerage

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interesting analysis by Soccerage, they due fail to mention the most important and crucial drawback and disadvantage for Roma this season, the fact that we did not have a goal scorer like Juventus had David Trezeguet who score 20 goals and Inter who had Christian Vieri who scored 21.

That was the reason that kept us behind this season, the lack of a goal scorer like Juventus and Inter had in Trezeguet and Vieri.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The latest news I heard is that Panucci has recovered from the flu, and has begun to train.
Still missing on the training is Zago, Totti, and Antonioli.
Antonioli is having pain in his right back.

But everything seems to be better tomorrow!!

FORZA ROMA!!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
romafan53 said:
Its gonna be very hard for our fighting wolves now,
FORZA ROMA:proud:
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. I PREDICT A GAME...roma LOSE THE GAME..AT LEAST DRAW.:D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts