Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma suffer fan protest Thursday 25 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A small group of Roma fans staged a protest today as a result of the Giallorossi’s disastrous campaign so far.

Around 50 supporters turned up at the Fulvio Bernardini training complex to make their feelings known.

Fortunately the protest was peaceful even if the tifosi did make it clear that they were unhappy with the lack of results.

Roma have now lost their last four games and a number of particular individuals were targeted for abuse by fans.

Goalkeeper Ivan Pelizzoli, Matteo Ferrari, Gaetano D’Agostino and Marco Delvecchio were heavily criticised by many of the Roma faithful.

Only Vincenzo Montella, Traianos Dellas and Leandro Cufre were applauded as they left training on Thursday.

channel4

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Geez, what a piece of news. It's not like there's at least 50 people right before any given weekend hoping to see the players anyway...
Hey maybe I should try to land a gig at C4? Seems they just give out a desk and a computer to any ditwit that strolls past their office anyway, I should be a shoe-in!

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Yes, this is getting really ridiculous. %0 people? What can you expect from C4 anyway..
I wonder though why they picked up Pelzizoli as a target for abuse?Especially after his amazing performance against Kiev.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I saw the story was tranlated from Gazzetta dello Sport, not that i respect the Gazzetta anyway.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I was actually expecting some kind of real protest...from spoilt Roma fans...

but

50 people eh...:D

I'm so disappointed...:wallbang:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Cacìni said:
yeah GaGa, romanisti are so spoilt with titles and all that stuff.
Actually...some are...like half of my family... :doh:

Why is it so hard for you to believe that there are Roma fans that have been spoilt?

Sure I'm not talking about Milan or Juve spoilt here but your own spoilt in your expectation and ambition for the club...

I'm sure you all expected Roma to buy big this summer transfer figures paid for players like Batistuta and Chivu in order to bring those world-class players only to be disappointed with solid buys who haven't yet shown their true worth for Roma but will in time to come e.g. Mido, Ferrari and Mexes...

I'm sure you all expected Roma to not feel much of the absence of Emerson and Samuel...I'm sure you all expected Roma to do better in the CL...I'm sure you all expected to be in the top 3-4 of the table and not where you are now...

I'm sure you all expected better for this season because you've grown acustomed to it over the past 4 years...times have changed and there's been a shift in ambition/capabilities. Departures of Samuel and Emerson are signs to come for the future...

It happens...take a look at Sampdoria, Fiorentina and Parma...all of which were top-teams at one time or another...spending big...had the best players and were very competitive in league and europe.

You might think..."But if only Prandelli..." well I say maybe true but I personally doubt it.

I will say this though as I've said many times before on on here...that Roma are good for a Scudetto per decade...which means "pochi ma buoni"... :smileani:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
GaGa said:
I'm sure you all expected Roma to buy big this summer transfer figures paid for players like Batistuta and Chivu in order to bring those world-class players
No, not at all. I'm more surprised Totti and Cassano are still here.

GaGa said:
I'm sure you all expected Roma to not feel much of the absence of Emerson and Samuel...
No. Only a moron would think we'd be as strong as with them. Unless you've noticed (I do think I'm too shy, I should act more pompous :D ) I think higher of myself than that.

GaGa said:
I'm sure you all expected Roma to do better in the CL...
Well, yes. Kinda.

GaGa said:
I'm sure you all expected to be in the top 3-4 of the table
With all the luck we could possibly find, yes. Otherwise, no.

GaGa said:
and not where you are now...
Well duh.

GaGa said:
I'm sure you all expected better for this season because you've grown acustomed to it over the past 4 years...
Again, no. I was around before the Batituta's and the Samuel's and all that. I remember Annoni, Statuto and people like that, as do most romanisti.

GaGa said:
Departures of Samuel and Emerson are signs to come for the future...
Yup, I've said it myself a hundred times before and I'll most likely keep on saying it.

GaGa said:
You might think..."But if only Prandelli..." well I say maybe true but I personally doubt it.
We wouldn't challange for anything, but we'd certainly be better off than now, co' 'sto fruliano :mute:
But the myth of Prandelli is doing us no favours, his pre-season sucked and that's partly why we're suffering now.

GaGa said:
which means "pochi ma buoni"... :smileani:
You don't have to tell me...they're all the sweeter that way.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
The season of 02/03 put even the newcomers among Romanisti back to the ground and showed them, what it's REALLY like to cheer for us.

Those losses against Como and Modena... :skull:

Of course i expected us to be better before the season started but all those changes of coaches were really the icing on the cake.
I thought we won't have problems to secure 4th spot beind the the "usual suspects".
To call that spoiled might be a little too much, if you look at the roster.
Noone could have predicted Cassano's escapades aswell as lots of injuries and bad luck.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Anyone that signs up for this task called being a Romanisti knows how many scudetti we've won and should be aware of our even recent mediocre history. You could look at it this way: We got a damn nice crowd, a good pack of wolves, even here at Xtratime, for a club so near to the relegation zone. Sorta like you and Parma.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Roma are a bigger club than Parma, but we are a cycle club. We will have 5 godo years, then 5 mediocre, then another 5 good ones.

Parma aren't really like parma in the fact that they have never really been a big club apart from the last 10 years... from what i remember anyway.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I never said anything about Parma being a bigger club then Roma because it pretty obvious who is bigger in terms of title's won and history...

Nor did I come in here to attack the club...

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
yes...can we please begin attacking the the milans and the pigs instead of Parma and Roma.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
GaGa said:
I never said anything about Parma being a bigger club then Roma because it pretty obvious who is bigger in terms of title's won and history...

Nor did I come in here to attack the club...
Nobody has said a bad word against Parma.They are very much a 'simpatico' club.If anything they have also been a victim of the corrupt powers of the North.Did they not finish 2nd one of the years that Juve were accused of doping their players,94-98? They have to struggle to attain their victories,nothing is handed to them.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Yeah we finished second in 96/97...only because of a referee gave penalties to Milan in week 31...Crespo had a goal disallowed in the final minutes which was later shown to be perfectly fine and would have won Parma the match at 2-1...and an obvious penalty not given for a Baresi hand-ball....

Next game was against Juve week 32...it was the decisive match...would have decided the Scudetto race as we would have been 3 points behind Juve had we won...and what happens a ridicules penalty decision is given to Juve (Dive by N. Amourso who later in his career he can dive even more by knocking Celtic out of the CL) and Vieri steps up to convert it...pretty much giving Juve the title because during the match the referee was giving Juve all the decisions but as I'll post later Parma eqalized... :proud:

From that day...I understood Parma had it stacked against them that season and that higher powers in football didn't want to see a provincial side like Parma win Lo Scudetto

At the end of the season we ended up 2 points behind Juve...:depress: anyone who remembers that season will remember the press calling it the "funeral of calcio"... :sigh:

Anways here's a old commentary of Crespo's last grasp goal which got Parma a point against Juve that season...it's one of those classic moments that anyone who watched the match would be celebrating...Parma were so unfairly being treated it unbelievable...and the commentator shows it...:proud:

Here

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
AS_Roma83 said:
yes...can we please begin attacking the the milans and the pigs instead of Parma and Roma.
What have you got to say against Milan?We're a side who is proud of our history and won things with sheer class.Sadly Corruption is sadly uo and going in the sport and always will be.But I'm quite Proud of Milan's achievements and I firmly believe we've desrevd our successes because they've been accomplished with so much Brilliance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts