Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
13,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma are given an immediate chance to bounce back on Wednesday when high flying Siena, fresh off a win over AC Milan, come to the Olimpico. The match will be played in the evening and the ref will be Dondarini.
The pressure is building in Rome for results. It's difficult already with our tender mentality and the pressure makes it even more tough. Faced with relegation, Siena is playing like a lion. Will it require the same threat for our players to actually start coming together and taking responsibility for their performances?!
I'll tell ya, I'm actullay fearing Siena a little bit, that's what it's come down to. Maybe Conti and the boys will show up with a monster performance, I sure hope so. Maybe adjustments will be made. A good result is becoming necessary. We need a pressure releaser. What formation would you consider? I'd like to bolster the midfield, maybe with Panucci, if he's healthy, on the side.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
----------- Cerci --------------

Scurto --- Mexes --- Chivu --- Panucci

-- Derossi ---- Dacourt ---- Aquillani--

--------- Totti ------- Cassano ------
------------ Montella----------------

i don't think we can win.. draw is the most likely result..

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
GamE_Ove12 said:
----------- Cerci --------------

Scurto --- Mexes --- Chivu --- Panucci

-- Derossi ---- Dacourt ---- Aquillani--

--------- Totti ------- Cassano ------
------------ Montella----------------
Please God no! ;)

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Curci
Panucci Mexes Chivu Briotti
Virga Aquilani De Rossi
Totti Montella Cassano

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
------------Curci
Panucci-Mexes-Chivu-Briotti
Mancini-Aquilani-De Rossi-Virga
---------Totti-Montella

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
sharp said:
------------Curci
Panucci-Mexes-Chivu-Briotti
Mancini-Aquilani-De Rossi-Virga
---------Totti-Montella
Just now,I would play this formation too.We need points above all else.We need to be tight at the back and grind away in midfield.I may have only decided to push Chivu to the left and play Ferrari as Cufre is still suspended.Not too sure if Briotti can do us a turn yet.We just have to battle it out,and try to keep our discipline and composure at the same time.While I am not a fan of Ferrari this season.Its about time he took encouragement from how a fellow team mate Chivu defended him and took encouragement from it.Notive,no tridente and a 4-4-2 formation. :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
why the hell would be 4-3-3?? i thought we learned the first time!!...we have to play 4-4-2 a flat formation so we add stability to the whole team!

-----------curci-------------
pannuci---mexes---chivu---scurto
mancini---aquilani---de rossi--virga
----------totti-------cassano-----

montella should be a sub!! he seems to be burnt out and cant even finish a match...give him rest... :hangover:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well I've had a look at Gazzetta and they reckon it will be 3-5-2. Apparently Cassano will start on the bench. For Siena, Flo is out injured this game (so he will definitely be stepping lightly Thoto ;)) and Taddei is suspended. Up front Maccarone is pretty ordinary, but Chiesa is still dangerous and Tudor (a good 2 inches taller than Mexes) will be a big problem in the air at both ends of the field like usual.

:: ROMA 3-5-2
1 Curci
5 Mexes
13 Chivu
8 Ferrari
30 Mancini
23 Aquilani
4 De Rossi
15 Dacourt
2 Panucci
10 Totti
9 Montella

A disposizione
12 Zotti
27 Briotti
19 Scurto
20 Perrotta
28 Virga
11 Corvia
18 Cassano

:: SIENA 3-5-2
1 Manninger
4 Mignani
7 Tudor
90 Portanova
11 Alberto
23 D'Aversa
6 Vergassola
39 Pecchia
30 Pasquale
10 Chiesa
32 Maccarone

A disposizione
14 Fortin
8 Argilli
33 Colonnese
5 Cirillo
3 Falsini
19 Di Donato
20 Chiumiento

-----------------------------Curci

--------------Mexes---------Chivu----------Ferrari

-Mancini-----Aquilani--------De Rossi-------Dacourt-----Panucci

---------------------Totti

----------------------------Montella

DAJE ROMETTA! :heart: :star:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Ruffian said:
I hope Roma do better against Siena than we did. ;)
Hopefully they will have lost some of their focus after the big result. What's worrying is that they are equal 4th last and only 6 points behind us so if we lose this game at home it is really bad news. :stress:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
It has to be a 4-4-2, and not only Dacourt and De Rossi as against Reggina.
4 MEN in midfield, not 2.
Without a midfield you can't win, as we saw in the last games.
Don't give a fvck about backheelpasses and "entertaining" football.
I wanna see a players with determination in their eyes and pride in their hearts.
Everybody has to tackle if a ball is lost,even Totti and Montella.
Bench Cassano at first, maybe bring him on later in 65th or 70th minute.

FORZA ROMA!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well maybe that's why gazzetta is predicting a 3-5-2. We'll have 3 men (Aquilani, De Rossi and Dacourt) in the midfield that way.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Vagabondo said:
-----------------------------Curci

--------------Mexes---------Chivu----------Ferrari

-Mancini-----Aquilani--------De Rossi-------Dacourt-----Panucci

---------------------Totti

----------------------------Montella

DAJE ROMETTA! :heart: :star:
I think is perfect like that.

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
why the hell should cassano be subbed???? :nono: HUGE mistake...montella seems to be burnt out. this can be seen in the last few matches or at least i think...give him a freakin rest and start with totti and cassano!! are you guyz forgetting the magic that they did last game...they are finally starting to click again and you guyz want to keep the older montella in?? ( ok he is the scoring leader and i do have huge respect for the guy ) but i think its time to go back to the cappello ways and start with the dynamic duo after all cassano's time is limited in rome right?? :scared: and i also think that a 3 man defence is horrible! i guess we are gonna here another rant from chivu at the end of this game too??? :scared:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
what do i care about "magic" when we don't get 3 points in a game against reggina?
why play cassano when he leaves for juve in summer?

i agree with everything that chivu said, and at least when he speaks out, he doesn't talk crap like totti in 80% of his interviews.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts