Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the big appointment with Juventus here is another important match vs Roma at Olimpico. I was not very confident about the match vs Juventus (and I was right) but I believe that vs Roma there could be (maybe partially) a surprise.
Roma will have big problems in defense with Samuel banned and probably Chivu injured. That means Panucci, Zebina and Dellas on the pitch. Capello could even decide for a 4 defenders line.
Of course we must above all fear the duo Totti-Cassano, but there is the Italian Cup in the midweek and maybe one of the two gets lightly injured. :notlist: :devil:

Talking about Sampdoria: Bettarini is banned and since Samp sent Domizzi on loan to Modena we have no left back. Unfortunately this is probably the worst day to get banned for Bettarini cause his opponent would have been the dangerous Brazilian Mancini. I believe that Novellino will move Diana or Zenoni on the left to control him. Will Doni be ready for Roma? I hope so.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I will support Samp for 32 matches this season

heres the 2 you can count me an enemy!!!

I think we will be up for this! But of course Samuel will be out and it is not lookng good for Chivu and Emerson although Emerson should play, even not at 100%

Our team should be:

Pelizzoli
Zebina Dellas Panucci
Mancini Emerson Dacourt Lima
Totti
Montella Cassano

Zotti, Sartor, Candela, De Rossi, Tommasi, Carew, Delvecchio

Thats what I expect and I hope for Dells to play like he does for Greece!

I still feel we should win this match and I am partially confident of doing so. Totti and Cassano will be men of the match

3-1 Roma - Cassano (19), Montella (61), Donati (76), Cassano (78)

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Of course we must above all fear the duo Totti-Cassano, but there is the Italian Cup in the midweek and maybe one of the two gets lightly injured. :notlist: :devil:
Fortunately, neither Totti or Cassano will be playing against Milan. They are being saved just for you! :tongue: :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
In Roma will be realy hard,we will no have the better, of last Sunday,Bettarini,and a man like Gile probably will substitute him,I'm sure with bad results,but we have no other solutions,almost Sacchetti on the right and Zenoni on the left,but....

I hope we can gain back Doni,just to have some more fantasy,and to have Donati back in the middle near the great Volpi (captain!!),bit Roma will be a terrible enemy..

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, according to Tuttosport Sacchetti will replace Bettarini and either him or Zenoni will play as left back, so we just wait for good news from Doni. His presence his foundmental for us.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
On the other hand, there's no Samuel. I'm not sure whether Chivu will make it back in time for the Samp game, but in any case he seems to be suffering a dip in form. I'm expecting a good game. :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Samuel is obviously a great loss to the Roman cause, but they have other people to step in and show their worth. This isn't necessarily going to change as much as we Sampdoriani hope...:rolleyes:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
match preview: roma - sampdoria...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0304/rom-sam.html

===================

Novellino hails super Cassano Wednesday 14 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria boss Walter Novellino has pinpointed Antonio Cassano as a real danger ahead of Sunday¡¦s game against Roma.

"I watched the Perugia game yesterday and Roma made an excellent impression on me," said the tactician.

"I thought that Cassano did very well as he played with real enthusiasm during the match."

The former Bari youngster continues to impress in Serie A despite the odd moments of petulance that he seems to have.

The latest came last Friday when he had another training ground misunderstanding with boss Fabio Capello.

Yet Novellino believes that the capital Coach is one of the main reasons behind the forward¡¦s success.

"I think that Cassano is a good guy really and Capello is doing a great job at looking after him," added the former Napoli tactician.

Novellino also decided to praise Roma captain Francesco Totti who has been extraordinary this season.

"He is certainly one of the best players in our championship," he noted. "But so too is Cassano, Alex Del Piero and Pevel Nedved. Amongst others¡K"

channel4

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Fortunately, neither Totti or Cassano will be playing against Milan. They are being saved just for you!
so we can say that totti was absent from both roma-milan matches this year huh??:tongue:

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I dont see any real chance for Samp to win this match. Unless Zebina scored a couple of own goals!!:eek: :eek: (this dude is capable for this kind of antics, even thou his form is gettin better now)......

just hope for a draw...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Narentino said:
I dont see any real chance for Samp to win this match. Unless Zebina scored a couple of own goals!!:eek: :eek: (this dude is capable for this kind of antics, even thou his form is gettin better now)......
Nah, you'll need a guy like Domizzi to get the job done. If there's anyone out there to put a couple in his own net, he's definitely your man...

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
According to the last news Doni will be ready (oh, great news) and Zenoni will be the left back, while Sacchetti will be the right back. Well, if I was the coach I would do the same cause against Mancini we need a "fluidificante" like Zenoni rather than a pure defender like Sacchetti so that Mancini will also be forced to defend. More, we need a player who can compete for speed and quality with Mancini, so Zenoni is the man.

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the list of the 19 players convoked by Novellino:

Goalies: Antonioli, Turci
Defenders: Carrozzieri, Conte, Diana, Falcone, Sacchetti
Midfielders: Costanzo, Donati, Doni, Palombo, Pedone, Volpi, Zenoni, Zivkovic
Forward: Bazzani, Cipriani, Flachi, Yanagisawa.

Costanzo is a youngster (1985) coming from the Primavera (youth team). His number will be 30.

The absence of Marazzina and Antonini from the list of the convoked players make me think that the rumours about them leaving are true.
Also left out: the goalie Bianchi, Sakic, Valtolina, Ze Francis, Job, all players who could also leave Samp in January.
Of course Bettarini (banned).

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ayroldi: 0 !!!

I don't know what could have been the score with a different referee. For sure a match like Roma-Samp deserved a better referee, in fact this one denied us at least one more PK when Dellas clearly committed a foul on Diana in the area of Samp and the score was 1-1. The point is that some minutes before he had not considered another foul in the PK area on Doni. Just after the foul on Diana there was one by Sacchetti on Cassano in the PK area of Samp, but football is not mathematic and gaining a PK when the score is 1-1 could change all the match.
In the second half there was another probable PK for a foul on Carew and when the score was already 1-3 finally the referee conceded us a PK but the opportunity to score for Flachi without the foul of the goalie Zotti was so clear that the goalie had to be sent off... and that goalie saved. :fero: So it was a match full of mistakes by the referee and the match was completely distorted by the decisions of the referee.

As regards our team... the performance was very good, but once more we showed to have a mediocre defense and above all a poor bench.
Unfortunately for the next match we will miss Conte and Carrozzieri both banned, plus probably Falcone and Diana who got injured.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Roma-Samp 3-1
Bazzani,Carew,Totti,Totti

Samp that dominated in many parts of the match,especially in the first minutes of the second half.
The same Fabio Capello said great words for this Sampdoria,in his opinion the best team that played in Olympic stadium this year.Point of honour for us.

Novellino,without Bettarini,but with Doni,had quite a good Samp,maybe with the exception of Sacchetti,the match has been studied in a good way during the week as usual,but some things went wrong,for our errors,and for the ability of Francesco Totti of course.Obiouvsly also for the bad errors of the refree,as Toni said.

----------Antonioli----------
Sacchetti-Conte-Falcone-Zenoni
Diana-Volpi-Donati---Doni
-----Bazzani-Flachi---------

After 6 minutes Flachi launches Bazzani,that between Panucci and Dellas shots and finds the right angle,realizing really a great goal.

Roma wakes up,2 shots,one of Carew,one of Totti,Antonioli saves.
The cross of Cassano,Carew,alone,realizes easily.
Ball for Mancini alone in front of Antonioli,ball out.
Some other actions,many faults,a right penalty on Diana for a fault of Dellas,another one on Cassano for a fault of Conte,not given.
Yellow card for Mirco Conte.
Second half: Carrozzieri substitutes Falcone,injured,that had no yellow cards.
Samp creates many actions,Flachi near to the goal,shot of Doni.
But Roma wanted to win,and Totti realized the 2-1 with the head.
Some minutes later Totti runned for 40 metres without anybody that stopped him,Conte,already with a yellow card,let him shot,and he realized a great goal.
Diana injured,Cipriani for him,inside also Palombo.
Then action of Samp,fault of Zotti on Flachi,penalty for samp,Flachi shooted but he failed.
Just a yellow card for Zotti,but the young goalkeeper of Roma had to receive a red one.
Carrozzeri made a great fault on Totti,yellow card,another one at the 92',red card.

On the result of 1-1 with the penalty on Diana at the 40',we could change the match,but the refree didn't help us,as Toni said..We can't recriminate,a penalty as been given us,and we failed,even if Zotti had to receive a red card.Roma won rightly,with an heavy result for us.But with a more able refree,I don't know how the result could finish..this samp did a great match.

Great all the supporters of sampdoria that followed with faith the team in Roma,making also 2 great coreographies,one at the beginning of the 1st half,one in the 2nd.

I don't know the reasons for,but in the 2nd half all the policemen punched all Samp fans with violence,really a bad image.I'm sure they did that for stupid reason,maybe just remembering the bottle on the head of Buffon of last Sunday.I'm quite worried because many of my friends were in Olimpic stadium.I hope they can be ok..

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Another good but frustrating performance from Sampdoria:proud: Frustrating because they were equal to Roma in many areas but
today the difference between the 2 teams was Totti:groan: Last weak it was Nedved(and the ref) . Both are world class players and match winners , something that Samp don't yet have. But, as Skogeta would say, Samp are growing;)

Why were the police beating the Samp fans? They were in their own section with no Roma fans near them, hope your freinds are ok Sko:(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts