Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma-Piacenza

they are the only team who beat us in serie a this year.

Roma have lost the top of the table to Inter and now welcome the one and only team that has been able to beat them this season. Piacenza have beaten Fabio Capello’s men twice between Serie A and the Coppa Italia and were one of the few teams to take a point off Lazio inside this stadium. Former Giallorossi star Carmine Gautieri has already pledged to play a little trick on his ex-club.

Considering his recent performances some Roma fans may be pleased to know that defender Jonathan Zebina is suspended. The Frenchman gave away a last-minute penalty that would have doomed them to defeat last week had Francesco Antonioli not saved Roberto Muzzi’s effort.

Although Vincenzo Montella is back to full fitness, the return from suspension of Francesco Totti supposes he will be partnered by Gabriel Batistuta.

____My line up
_________________Antonioli

___Zago_________Samuel________Panucci

Cafu_____Assuncao___Emerson____Guigou

______________Totti

______Batistuta_____________Montella

your opinion u guys???

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Always ready and willing to sacrifice for his team, the giallorosso attacker Marco Delvecchio acknowledges the moment of his team's form, despite the bad performance in Udine remains one of the strongest teams in the championship. "Roma have done very well in this period of the season and are able to fight until the end for the final victory. Inter is a very good team, they will also fight for the title until the end. In my opinion, they are not Vieri-dependant, they've done well even without the central nerazzurro attacker. Even Juventus and MIlan able to enter in the race for the scudetto."

It seems now with the conditions of Batistuta and Montella return, Capello may return to the 'tridente' that brought the scudetto to Rome, a major player in that formation was Delvecchio who worked tirelessly down the left flank, some say his condition is not yet there to perform this task this year. "I'm good, I feel in condition, but I hope to better myself more. An optimal physical form allows me to cover diverse roles which Capello entrusts me, even though personally I don't have a preference."

During the match against Udinese, Roma were only able to escape without losing in the dying minutes. "The match against Ventura's team wasn't easy. Things went badly, but fortunately we were able to recover at the end. First with the goal by Batistuta and then with the great save by Antonioli on the penalty shot by Muzzi."

Sunday arrives Piacenza. A team that I giallorossi will surely remember, because back in the first leg they were the team that sent Roma in a downward spiral, and is the only team to have defeated them. "It's true, in the match against Piacenza we played terribly and lost deservedly. This is a good occasion to avenge that loss. Often you're found suffering from the 'smaller' teams, because they close themselves down in defense without leaving any room."

In February the Champions League will start again. The two legs against Barcelona will be crucial. "We start the competition with the double confrontation with Barcelona. They will be two very heavy matches, Barca is a strong team, but just like every team they have weaknesses that we will have to capitalize on. In the Champions League, however, all of the teams are strong and competitive."

Finally, a thought to the national team, as every player looks to find more space in trying to impress to national coach. "I think I have a good relationship with the team, I've done well when I've been called on and I hope to continue to do well. I will do everything to be able to go to Japan and Korea."

·
Registered
359 Posts
The probable lineup from Gazzetta dello sport

Antonioli

Panucci Samuel Zago

Cafu Tommasi Emerson Candela

Totti

Batistuta Montella

·
Registered
359 Posts
First of all, thankfully Zebina is suspended. He has been a disaster in the last few weeks. I don't think he should start until he gets better. I don't think Tommasi should start ahead of Assuncao. Totti, Samuel and Assuncao have been the best players so far this season for Roma, averaging the total highest ratings so far for the team and to start Tommasi instead of Assuncao would be a mistake, imo. I hope Montella does start instead of Delevecchio who has been perfoming poorly this season and if he continues like this, well i doubt Delvecchio will got to the World Cup with Italy because right now there are several Italian strikers who would be chosen ahead of him by Trap because of their good perfromances this season.

·
Registered
273 Posts
DAMED HARD GAME TO PLAY ......

AFTER THE DRAW AGAINTS UDINESE, I THINK THIS GAME WILL BE MORE DIFFICULT FOR ROMA TO GRAB AN EASY WIN. First , If Bati scores in the earlier minutes of the first half, I can gurantee Roma will win this with a big score line with Bati hat trick. But however if bati scores in the second half, We needs Montella or totty or assuncao to scores at last one to win this game. As my view, Roma needs this three points very much by hoping venezia draw or defead inter:(:) By the way , we needs Chievo to defead juventus to shut them out with sixth points clear after them.

My prediction:):):)

4-0 :))Batigoal...:)batigoal....:):)Montellagoal....:):):)batigoal

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
very good posts everyone, remo, lezzi, Bati was that just pasted??;

NOTE:this is the same preview as i put before except when i was writing the first, in the middle i went to the toilet and my friend changed Piacenza to Perugia for everything, no big deal but people wanted me to delete the thread for some reason so sorry for any confusion;)

a pretty small team if u look at theire leauge positioning, but so were Udinese and look how we did against them. We really have to start proving to ourselves again that we are indeed the best, look at our last 2 games, a draw and a win against 2 relatively small teams and we played, for our standard very poorly, come on Roma pull up ur socks and start playing like we know you can, 2 pieces of good news, Bati has scored 2 in a row and he is roaring louder than ever before:fero: Tott is back, very good news, we played crap against Udinese without his creativity and the linkage he provides between midfield and attack, no more stupid yellow cards, ok Francesco;)

My line up:

Code:
       Antonioli

Zago  Samuel  Panucci

Cafu  Emerson  Tommasi  Assuncao  Candela

Totti

Batigol
Its the obvious line up, no suprises, we have to stick with the 3-5-2 and we have to play Batigol up front, its good to have Montella back but Batigol is the man of the moment and deserves his place on the side but because as someone has pointed out Zebina is out so in his place i put Zago
Piacenza have a good team, that fecker Di Francesco better not score on us again:D
Poggi, i think is playing there now so he'd want to be careful too, Hubner is ancient but hes hot, ouch...Samuel will keep a lid on im'

My Prediction:

Roma 4 (Totti 2 Bati 2) Piacenza 2

FORZA ROMA:cool:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
romafan53 said:
very good posts everyone, remo, lezzi, Bati was that just pasted??;

dude no offence but its much better than making a thread on roma vs perugia game....dont u think so????
and secondly about ur line up!!
3-5-1-1???
what is that man........in the first half of the game in udine we played with that formation and we did pretty ****.!
but in the second half when montella tomassi and bati played we pulled one back!!!!!!!.
i think we should play with 3-4-1-2.....and we actually gonna play with that one.....its actually confirmed!!!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

NOTE:this is the same preview as i put before except when i was writing the first, in the middle i went to the toilet and my friend changed Piacenza to Perugia for everything, no big deal but people wanted me to delete the thread for some reason so sorry for any confusion;)

yeah whatever!!!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont u guys wanna share ideas??????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
game is tomorrow!

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Batistuta_9 said:

yeah whatever!!!!!
ha ha, every one must think im crazy or someth, let me explain-i was writing the thread for this game Roma-Piacenza, i had it written, pressed send new topic but my friend stopped it, in place of Piacenza he wrote Perugia and then someone from xtratime wanted me to start a new thread abt it because Piacenza was as Perugia, the pre view was the exact same:confused: :confused: not that important but hey hmm....

Tis true theres no one posting here, its a shame, really:depress:
Any way Fusers 400th game tommorow if he plays and Batmans 100th
Ive also heard were starting with il tridente, Totti-Delvecchio-Bati, ill be interested in seeing how it turns out;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looks like Totti will start behind Batistuta and Delvecchio. Cafu and Candela in the flanks and Emerson and Tommasi in central midfield, Aldair, Samuel and Panucci in defense, Antonioli in the net. Montella, Cassano on the bench, with Montella maybe coming in the second half. Roma have to try and score in the first half and not wait until the second half to start it going on.

S

·
0 Posts
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh we won 2-0 thanks to an incredible freekick by Assuncao and another goal by BAtigol, we are back at number one, Inter tied 1-1 with Venezia,

We are number one again.

Batibatibatibatibatigoooooooollllllll!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IL RE LEONE....................BATI BATI BATI BATI BATI...EVEN THOUG HE HAD CHANCE TO MAKE IT 4 0...BUT ITS ALL GOOD......WE ARE THE LEADERS OF THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD........

TAKE THAT INTER!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Revenge has been served, they beat us 2-0 and now we beat Piacenza 2-0 :D

Forza Bati and Assuncao :)

Assuncao has scored 6 goals so far, that's pretty good for a defensive midfielder:cool:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
buggo said:
Revenge has been served, they beat us 2-0 and now we beat Piacenza 2-0 :D

Forza Bati and Assuncao :)

Assuncao has scored 6 goals so far, that's pretty good for a defensive midfielder:cool: lol same as bati.......hehehe.....and even samuel got 4 when marco has only 1......

·
Registered
938 Posts
Roma top as Venezia derail Inter, AC Milan in crisis
MILAN, Jan 27 (AFP)
Champions AS Roma returned to the top of the Italian first division on Sunday, beating Piacenza 2-0 to reclaim the summit just a week after conceding it to Inter Milan.
Goals from Assuncao and Gabriel Batistuta proved sufficient for Fabio Capello's side to gain revenge on Piacenza, the only side to defeat them this season.
It also ensured they retook pole position thanks to a setback for Inter who were held 1-1 by the division's bottom club Venezia whose prolific striker Filippo Maniero converted a late penalty to cancel out an early strike from Christian Vieri.
But a bad day for Inter paled into insignificance when compared to city rivals AC Milan who threw away a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 to Udinese at the San Siro just 24 hours after club vice-president Adriano Galliani warned of wholesale changes if the slump continued.
Third-placed Juventus were due to visit fourth-placed Chievo in Sunday night's match but whatever the result of that match Roma lead Inter by a single point.
Vieri's 14th of the season for Inter - he is the division's top scorer despite an injury-hit campaign - looked like being enough but the hosts from Venice grabbed a point through former rugby player Maniero who has netted 11 himself despite his team's dismal campaign.
But for this incident it was AC Milan's collapse at home that stole the show.
The hosts quickly went 2-0 up when Ukrainian Andriy Shevchenko netted an early penalty - his 12th goal of the season but his first of the calendar year - and then Brazilian Serginho scored a beauty.
But it started to go wrong when Roberto Muzzi netted his 11th of the campaign for Udinese. On the stroke of half-time Shevchenko, who missed from the spot against Fiorentina last week, had his second penalty attempt saved by Luigi Turci.
Shortly after the resumption Udinese defender Gennaro Scarlati bagged an equaliser and then highly-coveted Dane Martin Jorgensen bagged a priceless 3-2 victory for Udinese.
Lecce went down 3-1 at home to Brescia in a relegation battle.
Luca Toni gave Brescia an early lead and celebrated by unveiling a t-shirt commemorating team-mate Vittorio Mero who was killed in a car crash on Wednesday but the hosts then replied through Uruguayan Javier Chevanton.
But further goals from Toni and one of the Filippini twins Emanuele ensured a happy end to a traumatic week for Brescia.
Lazio's title hopes were finally ended by a 1-0 defeat at Torino. Cristiano Lucarelli pounced just after the hour mark for Torino who have now posted three consecutive win.
Perugia came back to see off 10-man Verona 3-1. Liechtenstein striker Mario Frick gave Verona an early lead but the hosts replied after the interval with a combination punch made in Asia.
First Iranian Rahman Rezaei levelled the scores before South Korean substitute Ahn Jung-Hwan made it 2-1. Verona defender Paolo Cannavaro, brother of Parma's Italian international Fabio, was then sent off before Giovanni Tedesco then wrapped it up for Perugia.
Struggling Fiorentina's nightmare season worsened with a 2-0 defeat at Atalanta.
Brazilian Inacio Pia put the Bergamo side in front and the plight of the Florence club worsened further when Italian international Cristiano Doni, who this week revealed he will join Juventus in the summer, notched his 13th of what is proving a memorable campaign.
On Saturday struggling Parma dispatched Bologna 2-1 in the Emilia derby, going 2-0 up in 16 minutes.
The first was a Carlo Nervo own goal after the Bologna player turned a Fabio Cannavaro header into his own net under pressure from Turkish striker Hakan Sukur who then bagged the second.
Fabio Pecchia reduced arrears for Bologna who had Matteo Brighi sent off in injury time after a professional foul on Marco Di Vaio who was set to score into an empty net with visiting goalkeeper Gianluca Pagliuca committed to attack.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Assuncao is showing he is most likely the best free kick taker in Serie A right now. Batistuta scored his third goal in 3 consecutive games, that's soooo good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts