Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma pledge super squad ---- Sunday 17 April, 2005

Giallorossi director Rosella Sensi assures fans that the club is working on an impressive transfer policy, which rumour has it includes Sami Hyypia.

“This is Rome’s premiere football club and we have both the duty and the desire to be great,” explained the daughter of President Franco Sensi, who has since taken control of the day to day running of the side.

Her decision to work more closely with Juventus and Milan prompted director of sport Franco Baldini to resign earlier this month.

“We have not betrayed any of the previous years’ stances on this issue, but we do wish to help pursue the interests of the club and that is why our relationships with some sides have developed in a different way.”

Sensi is currently planning for the future and has already extended Vincenzo Montella’s contract, but problems remain in working through new deals with Francesco Totti, Antonio Cassano and Traianos Dellas.

“Montella is a great champion and we are very glad he is staying with us. As for Totti and Cassano, this is the time to work in silence.”

There is set to be a revolution in the summer with a new Coach drafted in, as Bruno Conti always maintained he was only filling the gap until the end of the campaign.

It’s reported that the prime transfer targets for Roma are PSV Eindhoven’s Swiss international Johann Vogel and Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia.

“We have begun contact with Roma, as Hyypia is definitely on their wish-list,” his manager was quoted as saying in the Italian Press.

-channel4.com

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
dude we need a super squad this season...we are 6 points away from the relegation spot which is scary to even think about

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I'll be fairly depressed if Hyypiä joins us. That's not what I call a super squad or impressive transfer policy, rather the opposite. Hyypiä has been average this season, while Jamie Carragher has been excellent. Typical of us to be interested just because of a match à la Greece in the European Championship. If that's our philosophy for next season, we might as well keep Dellas.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Is it just me or does this statement sound like a way to calm the fans for the "disasterous situation" you're in now?

It is also stupid to name the players your after since then Pool can increase his value. Which puts Roma in to a bad situation; Either go for Pools negotiation or look like a fool for empty promises.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The question is why we want to buy ANOTHER CB when we have Chivu and Mexes, and on the bench Ferrari, Dellas, Bovo and have NO full backs except Panucci. It´s a riddle I don´t have the answer to.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
hyypia is not going to Rome, Bovo will probably replace Dellas.

Vogel i do not know much of...i have not seen many Dutch league games let alone PSV games.

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
sounds like sensi is spitting out a lot of BS...why would we go after hyypia and not taddie or esposito??? or cudicini or ze roberto....the people who want to join us!!

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
We are a drifting boat without a rudder or even a paddle. What makes us think next year is going to be magically different from this season? We have no vision.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Sinoy: Whereas I agree with you, just because management mention some names, it's neither certain that you're actually looking for them nor that you're not in for other players hitherto not mentioned.

I think obviously Roma is concerned with getting contracts prolonged right now, and the issue of the future coach. Before those questions are addressed, I can't think the club would take steps to add any other players. Although free transfer candidates like Placente, Taddei, Ze Roberto etc. etc would all be very good transfer targets for an intact Roma next season.

I also think many here should have a more positive outlook on what it has meant that so many of the young players have gotten lots of time this season.

Only time can make champions. Guys like De Rossi, Aquilani, Scurto and Curci will only be better next year.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Glen said:
Sinoy: Whereas I agree with you, just because management mention some names
Well, has the management really mentioned any names? In the article above I only see names that the author of the piece links with us, and not Rosella.

Hyppia, considering we have a similar player already in Dellas, to me comes across as a complete media invention, for example. So I wouldn't pay too much mind to the article--nor Rosella's promises to be frank. :scared:

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
There is no plan for next season, its all Rosella's BS at work again. Hey Ms. Sensi, how about you get a Sporting Director (unless its officially been named Bruno Conti) and a new freakin' coach in place before you start trying to buy players. And don't you dare try to buy defenders from the Premiership to play in Serie A....thats even more of a joke than Matteo Ferrari.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
i don't believe Rosella mention anything about Hyypia its journals regular BS when they have nothing to fill the empty space in the page..

i won't judge Rosella untill see her work.. i'm sure some of you know more alot about her more than i do.. but in all honesty she seems to care about the club and love the city and respect the fans..
ok she let Baldini go.. who knows maybe she got new ideas that doesn't go along with Baldini's philisophy and i think thats her right and if we want to be reasonable we shouldn't judge her untill we see her works..

and to be honest the whole "fight with the north" story is kinda getting redicilous now 'cause we always seem to be the loser side whatever we do..maybe we should stop talk and walk the walk by beating the north in the field.. and i think that what Rosella ment by this

“We have not betrayed any of the previous years’ stances on this issue, but we do wish to help pursue the interests of the club and that is why our relationships with some sides have developed in a different way.”

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Liverpool have rejected all talk of Sami Hyypia possibly moving to Roma.
The giant defender was immense at the back for The Reds in their UEFA Champions League draw in Juventus, which had reportedly attracted the attentions of Roma.
Reports have later suggested a £3 million offer could be forthcoming from the Italian side.
Hyypia's current deal expires in 2006, and Rafa Benitez has recently opted to play Mauricio Pellegrino at centre half, leaving Hyypia on the bench.
However, the Finnish star's display in Turin proved that he was still a hugely important figure at the back for Liverpool.
The Anfield outfit have rubbished any talk of Hyypia moving to Roma, with Reds spokesman Ian Cotton telling the club's website.
"There has been no contact with Roma at all. The story is absolute rubbish."

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
You want to give the fans hope,By mentioning players like Hypia it will only depress the fans even more.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
-.dax- said:
Roma pledge super squad ---- Sunday 17 April, 2005

Giallorossi director Rosella Sensi assures fans that the club is working on an impressive transfer policy, which rumour has it includes Sami Hyypia.

“This is Rome’s premiere football club and we have both the duty and the desire to be great,” explained the daughter of President Franco Sensi, who has since taken control of the day to day running of the side.
:howler:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts