Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Because even if it appears as if Inter is slipping, we at Roma are very dissapointed byt the performance of our team lately, specially the tied against Venezia, we should have won that match, we would have been in first place by now.

Anyway, anything less than the three points means no scudetto for us...

Forza ROMA

·
Registered
359 Posts
Soccerage's lineup:

_________Montella_______Batistuta_________

________________Cassano_________________

__Candela___Emerson___Tommasi_____Cafu___

_____Panucci______Samuel________Zago_____

________________Antonioli_________________

Apparently no 3-5-2 this time...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Roma should continue playing 3-4-1-2 because that is when Roma is more effective. Batistuta has to score in these last games, I still don't understand why he's had this very dissapointing season, how do you go from scoring 20 goals last season to only 6 this season? Mind-boggling. Delvecchio doesn't score like he did 3 seasons ago maybe because he has become a winger and lost the center forward touch so I think he should be on the bench but will Batistuta score? :confused:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Preview: AS Roma-Parma
Roma - Parma | News Archive

04/12/2002. On Sunday afternon Parma return to the face AS Roma in the Stadio Olimpico for the first time since June 17th of last year, the date in which the Giallorossi clinced the 3rd Scudetto of their history thanks to a 3-1 defeat of the Gialloblù.

Also this time the match between the Serie A champs and Parma could be crucial in defining the Scudetto's fate, as with Inter stadning two points above Roma in the standings, a winless effort by Capello's gang would probably rule Roma out of the title race.

On the contrary to last season when Parma had nothing left to fight for in the day of Roma's triumph, this time they are expected to put up a battle, as only three points separate them from the relegation zone.

"We need to bag some points in the Olimpico. This game is very important for us, and we have no intention of giving up," Parma striker and Lazio fan Marco Di Vaio told reporters today.

On paper Roma look clear favourites to win this match, but after the terrible performance they featured last week in Venezia, where they needed some help from Collina in order to draw against the already relegated Lagooneers, it will be interesting to see if the Giallorossi still believe they have a chance to win the first back to back title of their history.

If the belief in their possibilities of winning the Scudetto has already left their minds, then Parma will have more than a chance to come away from the Olimpico with points in their pocket.

LATEST TEAM NEWS AND PROBABLE LINEUPS

Roma-Roma boss Fabio Capello won't be able to count on injured skipper Francesco Totti and suspended veteran defender Aldair. Howevre there is also some good news for Roma fans as Walter Samuel is expected to return in the middle of the Roma defense after missing the Venezia match through injury. Reports from Trigoria also indicate Capello might decide to field a very offensive 3-4-1-2 formation, with young magician Antonio Cassano behind Vincenzo Montella and Gabriel Omar Batistuta.

PL-3-4-1-2-Antonioli, Panucci, Samuel, Zago, Cafu, Tommasi, Emerson, Candela, Cassano, Batistuta, Montella.

Parma-Skipper Antonio Benarrivo is suspended for this match, while Taffarel and Bolano are sidelined due to injury. Only one major lineup change is expected to be carried out by Carmigniani, and that is Hakan Sukur in the place of the always more disappointing Bonazzoli.

PL-4-4-2-Frey, Djetou, Sensini, Cannavaro, Diana, Almeyda, Lamouchi, Nakata, Junior, Di Vaio, Sukur.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Vincenzo Montella-The Roma striker has found the net ten times in his last seven league matches.

Hidetoshi Nakata-The Japan star has recovered his top form of late, and will surely be a protagonist against the side with which he won the Scudetto last season.

FORM GUIDE

Roma Last Six Matches: DWLLWD

The Liverpool defeat had devastating consequences for the Giallorossi. Less than a week after the Anfield debacle, they lost the lead of the Serie A table after getting soundly beaten by Inter. Things slightly improved seven days later when Roma defeated Bologna 3-1 in the Olimpico, however last Sunday the Serie A champs needed two penalty kicks in the final minutes of the match to grab a draw at already relegated Venezia!

Parma Last Six Matches: LDLWDW

Six points in their last three matches allowed the Emiliani to move away from the relegation zone. With four more points in their pocket, their Salvezza will be practically guaranteed. A great result if one takes into account that this team were standing in penultimate position througout all of Winter; less if one remembers this team were calling themselves Scudetto contenders at the season's start.

REAL TIME NETCAST

You can follow of the action from Rome's Stadio Olimpico LIVE on Sunday afternoon by clicking on the Real Time Netcast Link on the right tool bar five minutes before Kickoff, that is scheduled for 15:00 CEST.

soccerage

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
SZeppelin75 said:
Because even if it appears as if Inter is slipping, we at Roma are very dissapointed byt the performance of our team lately, specially the tied against Venezia, we should have won that match, we would have been in first place by now.

Anyway, anything less than the three points means no scudetto for us...

Forza ROMA

Too bad COllina doesn't have time to give the third penalty HUH???

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Roma will be a though cookie, but Parma has nothing too lose in this game so I hope we can repeat the result against Juve.

Too bad Capello seems to finally play Montella from start. I would have preferred Delvecchio :undecide:

As long as the boys go in there and give all they got, I'm satisfied.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Laser said:
Batistuta has to score in these last games, I still don't understand why he's had this very dissapointing season, how do you go from scoring 20 goals last season to only 6 this season? Mind-boggling.
Because he is not motivated anymore(unlike last season) he already won what he wanted and besides all these knee injuries he's had in the last 2 seasons have affected his performace as well.

·
Registered
13,209 Posts
Just wanted to say that there are Roma fans out here that will stand by their club at all costs, regardless of any result! How could some people be bitching about our performance? We are 2 points off repeating another scudetto, despite our poor play and bad away match record. There are four matches left. Let's support our Roma, win or lose, and be happy that they have provided us with a competitive, albeit, disapointing season. We can still end things right, and even if we don't, we guaranteed a CL spot and have signed Capello and Montella already for next year. It't ain't over, Romanitsa, keep your heads up!!!!!!!!!!
IRON FLAG BROS. :cool:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ronaldo&vieri said:

Too bad COllina doesn't have time to give the third penalty HUH???
Nope, he's just thinking "is it true what they say about Cuper ,that he's a allenatore perdente in finale, because his luck is running out, just like always"

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well this is the second har a$$ game after milan one...so we should we really should and we areally nave to win this game to win the scudetto. Di Vaio and other guys from parma have plans to win this game as they would win scudetto after this one but we have to stop them...THAT IS SAD THAT WE DONT HAVE OUT TOTTI but we have our CASSANO and we should be little ok with it...and from the start we gonna see tritende with MONTELLA and Batistuta. Capello should defenitely stick with 3-4-1-2 formation.. cuz we playing at home firstly and WE havre good home record. And secondly i saw the 2 penalty's today and it was real pen...why the heck in the world Jewel would dive there and the other guy sat on bati while they were chasing for a ball in the air. Anyway HOPEFULLY WE GONNA WIN THIS GAME..............c'MON ROMA WE GONNA WIN THIS GAME! AND PRIMA...........GREAT POST MATE!...I TOTALLY AGREE HERE WITH YOU.......
my personal line up:

.....Antoniolli
.Zago...Samuel...Panucci
.Cafu..Emerson..Assuncao..Candela#
.......Cassano
..MONTELLA....Batistuta

i wont predict this game but WE AND I NEED WHOLE 3 POINTS OUGHTA THIS GAME!!!!!!!.......
GOOD LUCK ROMA!!!!

and i wonder where are the moderators these days?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
cannavaro77 said:
I am not happy to see Montella, Batistuta and Cassano starting :(
well, u should be happy. at least u are going to try to play football.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
3-1 with 40 minutes to go, almost made it 4-1, does anybody know how bad is Batistuta's head injury?

Forza Roma..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts