Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Montella have re signed his contract, Chivu is staying, Cassano have recently said that he wants Roma stay and Totti is also most likely to be staying here in Rome. What type of Roma do u ppl want to see next season? Which player is most likely to be joining Roma next season. And which player do u want to see leaving Roma? I have also heard that Roma have some managerial and also financial problems. Who will sort them out? New coach is also required, Conti will not be staying next season. Who will coach us ?

Any thoughts.....

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I'll be realistic, if we finish mid-table Chivu will leave for Barcelona or Inter for like 15-20 million euros. Cassano will leave to Juve for 10 million euros plus 2 players or something. If Viola go down and we stay up, getting Miccoli and Maresca wouldnt be a crime. Totti I think will also want to leave to Real for about 30 million euros if we dont get into Europe.

My opinion is that next year we could well have an average to good team possibly fighting for 4th place.

If the big 3 leave like I fear, then I would want Roma to be:

----------------------Curci------------------------
---Panucci-----Mexes--------Falcone/Bovo-Cufre---
---Taddei------Maresca-----De Rossi----Montolivo--
---------------Montella------Miccoli---------------

Zotti; Bovo, Di Biagio, Scurto, Coco, Aquilani, Virga, Perrotta, Langella, Pepe, Caracciolo, Cerci

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
It's hard to say, it might be better to wait till' the summer, and at least see what competitions we'll be in, to discuss things like this, but what i personally would like to see next season:

--------------Curci
-------Cufre--Mexes---Chivu
--Mancini-----------------Ze Roberto
----------De Rossi---Davids
---------------Totti
--------Montella---Cassano

And Zeman on the bench.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Zeman on the bench is poor, we have a bad defence as it is. As we saw v Juve last week, Zeman likes his defence to play in the opposition penalty box which is a big crime.

Juve hardly ever batter teams these days so for Lecce to concede so much was very bad.

Id prefer Mazzone or Prandelli if we could.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I believe Zeman to be one of the best coaches in Serie A today. The things he did with us, with players no where near the standard we have today was incredible...magical. His results with Foggia, and the lazilae speak for themselves. Our defence this season has been on par with Lecce, with defenders, who are on paper, at least twice as good anything Lecce could string togheter.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Our team back then was actually quite good. If my memory is correct we had the Balbo-Fonseca duo which was quality. Zeman is an ok manager. He does good things with the attack but right now we need someone who can install some stability in the club and maybe not another guy with a huge ego who has many bad words to say about others.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Deano said:
Our team back then was actually quite good. If my memory is correct we had the Balbo-Fonseca duo which was quality. Zeman is an ok manager. He does good things with the attack but right now we need someone who can install some stability in the club and maybe not another guy with a huge ego who has many bad words to say about others.
It was more like Balbo-Sergio/Delvecchio-Sergio, and the team was average, at best, when Zeman took over. We don't need an uber-defensive coach to have stability, we need a coach with a strong character, who the players respect, that's all. Zeman being anti-Juve is a huge plus in my book too.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Deano said:
Zeman on the bench is poor, we have a bad defence as it is. As we saw v Juve last week, Zeman likes his defence to play in the opposition penalty box which is a big crime.
He's taken this team;
ABRUZZESE
ANANIA
ANGELO
AZOR
BABU'
BJELANOVIC
CAMISA
CASSETTI
COZZOLINO
DALLA BONA
DIAMOUTENE
DIARRA
EREMENKO
ESPOSITO
GIACOMAZZI
GIORGINO
KONAN
LEDESMA
MARIANINI
MATTIOLI
PACI
PINARDI
ROSATI
RULLO
SICIGNANO
STOVINI
VALDES
VUCINIC,
within a point of Roma. Read the names. Then read Roma's roster. Zeman :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
As has been said,it will all depend where we are playing our football next season.If we are lucky and stay in Serie A,then like Deano I fear all the big names will leave.This may be a good thing for us.Out of Chivu,Cassano and Totti,I would prefer Chivu to stay.Mainly because he brings us stability and easily managed unlike the other two.They act as if they are bigger than the club.And if we are relegated are more responsible than the other players due to their antics.I mean Ferrari has been poor,just as Mancini,yet at least he does not throw tantrums.I say that we keep Chivu,a true model professional.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I don't think Deano's team is realistic at all. First of all I don't expect that many changes, I think Roma have a decent team already but need more experience and depth then unproven youngsters that often have been mediocre aswell. The best thing would be to sell Totti and keep Cassano and build a new team after those grounds. You get alot of money for Totti and he's both been pretty bad since EURO 2004 and he's a king in Roma, which a troubled team like Roma with too many individuls doesn't need. No one is bigger then the club, not even Totti.

Sell Dellas, bring in Bovo and go back to basics with 4-4-2, sign Cudicini, and loan out Curci for a year to gain experience. Pelizzoli can be second choise, or sold if he doesn't accept that. Sell Dacourt and keep the rest of the midfield. Sign a decent and experienced playmaker that can adapt to the team fast. Bring back Mido, or sell him and try to sign a new target player like him like Santa Cruz. Keep the youngsters like Scuto and Aquilani but make sure that they won't be first X1 material, loan out the rest like Corvia, Virga and so on that are not good enough.

Most important: Play as one team and not like 11 individuals. Bring back Prandelli instead of Conti, or Zeman or Mazzone, then try to get the defence to work and then the rest should work out. Roma next year will be a top team for sure, I'm confident you hang on this year ;)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
---------------------Curci-------------------

--Pannuci-----Mexes------Chivo-------Cufre--

--------Mancini----Aquiliani----Derossi--------

------------------Totti----------------------

---------Montella-------------Cassano--------

I think this team is still better only if players work hard. And they are provided by good manager. Roma have struggled this season due to financial problems. I hope it will be get sorted before next season. I also want 1 or 2 new faces in team like esposito etc.. they can turn Roma back in top. The final thing i like to mention here is discipline of players e.g. Totti he is no doubt best player in Rome but he shud improve his discipline. If he'll continued getting banned after 3 or 4 games than things would be same as this season. And same goes for every player not only Totti , every player have their own responsibilities.

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
no that is just the rumour right now...chivu has said many times that he wishes to stay in roma...

----------------------Curci------------------------
---Panucci-----Mexes--------Falcone/Bovo-Cufre---
---Taddei------Maresca-----De Rossi----Montolivo--
---------------Montella------Miccoli---------------

Zotti; Bovo, Di Biagio, Scurto, Coco, Aquilani, Virga, Perrotta, Langella, Pepe, Caracciolo, Cerci
im sorry man but this is way too unreal right now...who knows how much we are in debt firstly and who knows if we are gonna buy players?? i dont trust the freakin management right now and if they say that our debt has gone down...then that surley means that our debt has been on the rise...but nasty nick makes a very good point...sell totti and work around cassano!! that would be the smart thing to do...but since serie A is all politics...we all know that they would rather shun out cassano then there idol totti...chivu must stay...MUST...and bring cudicini on loan or even buying him would be fantastic...peli must go and so should dellas after he re-signs ( to help out the club finacially)

cassano will leave to Juve for 10 million euros plus 2 players or something
no way...they would rather pay us then ditch out 2 players...they need the depth anyways so i think a hefty 25 mill will be comming our way ( or if we sell totti 30 mill....kinda sad how they are almost the same value)

ze roberto will most likley not come our way...neither will esposito ( wishes to stay at cagliari) so when you boil it down we will basically have the same sqaud...except bring back mido and d'agstino

-----cudicini/curci-------
pannuci--mexes--chivu--cufre
mancini--aquilani--derossi--d'agstino
-------montella---totti----

still a pretty strong team...if montella is way out of form or gets injured...thats where mido steps up....i hope we also sign a couple of role players...we need some depth in the sqaud as well...forza roma

·
va' fancul
1,964 Posts
I would sell every f'ing player if Roma get relegated and then try and get new investors.

Gadafi says he wants to invest in European football so I thing Rosella should look out. Give up your shares and just give the team back to Rome with new investors to profit from; its a synnical way of doing things but thats the business.

Once the sales have been completed Roma can prepare for Serie B with a whole squad of young Italians and Soth Americans:

-----------Curci-------

Panucci--Bovo--Ferrari--Potenza/Cufre

Mancini--De'Rossi--Brighi--D'Agostino

--------Mido-----Montella

Bring the team back the old fashioned way: winning as underdogs.

With the money saved by eliminating the higher earning players, Roma can start to invest more in their squad frim all angles.

I know rebuidling is a b!tch but it has to be done, Roma fans don't deserve these premadona cry baby's, they deserve good football and good sportsmanship. Now is the time for change.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
-----------------------------------Curci----------------------------------

Cassetti---------------Mexes---------------Chivu----------------Cufre

Esposito-------------Davids---------------Pizarro-------------Ze Roberto

-----------------------Montella------------Cassano--------------------------

BENCH: Pelizzoli, Dellas, Bovo, De Rossi, Tommasi, D'Agostino, Caracciolo

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Roma need some 1 experienced in defence and also as a defensive mid fielder.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Which player(s) is most likely to be joining Roma next season??

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
with our horrible record i think that we are scaring away players more then anything....but Giallorosso_01 how did you come up with your team?? seems like there are way to many expenses for our club to afford such a star studded side :eekani:

1 - 20 of 202 Posts