Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
A real tough one :stress: Roma have lost 2 in a row, their last chance to grab a CL spot is this game. We probably will not be able to field Nesta, and Sheva ain't ready yet :sob: Maldini should be able to recover :thmbup: On a 1-10 scale, this game is a 9 :scared:

Forza Milan :devil:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
It will be a tough game for us. Roma will be fired up for this game. We've got 8 wins on the trot now so that record is shaky as well. Some new players coming in will help our cause so a quick recovery for Sheva, Pippo and Kaladze is required while Maldini and Nesta can get the rest they deserve!

Billy The Kid and Iron Man can guard our defence. :cool:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I think we should not risk Maldini, Nesta nor Sheva. Roma match is worth 3 points but the cost of losing key players for longer periods would be lethal to our CL hope. :doh:

We need healthy Maldini, Nesta AND Sheva in CL knockout stages, no risk should be taken in a league game. :rolleyes:

Kaladze, from what I heard in acmilan.com, has recovered from injuries.

IMO, we should play the following lineup, a draw is not the end of the world as the worst scenario could only be a 2 point gap with gobbi:depress:, however i tend to stay optimistic towards every games recently, we are MILAN afterall. :stuckup:

----------dida------------

cafu---billy--stam--kaladze

gattuso---pirlo-----Seedorf

------Rui--------kaka------

-----------Crespo---------

with pippo and serginho coming of the bench, we are in safe hand in Rome. 3 points would be nice, but I won't mind a draw.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Seedorf, Pirlo and Gattuso should be rested a bit IMO. The form of these three has been imperative in our superb midfield display in the UCL.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Haroon said:
Seedorf, Pirlo and Gattuso should be rested a bit IMO. The form of these three has been imperative in our superb midfield display in the UCL.

by the time of the Roma clash, I think we could have already rested two of seedorf/pirlo/gattuso in the Coppa match against Udinese.

While Dhorasso and Ambrosini and co. would have just battled with a determined Udinese in mid-week.

Hence I'd opt for the first choice midfield in Rome, IMO it's imperative not to rush Maldini, Nesta and Sheva. They are so indispensable and should not be ever risked except in a CL decider match. So keep them in the stand I'd say.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
I agree with your above post if it comes true. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Haroon said:
It will be a tough game for us. Roma will be fired up for this game. We've got 8 wins on the trot now so that record is shaky as well. Some new players coming in will help our cause so a quick recovery for Sheva, Pippo and Kaladze is required while Maldini and Nesta can get the rest they deserve!

Billy The Kid and Iron Man can guard our defence. :cool:
9 ;)

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Diavolo said:
Apart from the 1st win against Messina, the other 8 wins are won by only a single goal margin... :scared:

Having said that, I'll be very pleased if we can repeat #11 in the same fashion against Roma :hopefull:

PS: #10 will be against Udinese :devil:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
What bad timing for us that he quit right now! This game becomes even tougher now than it was!

·
Registered
116 Posts
We will win, 2-0.

Starting 11:
Dida
Cafú - Stam - Costacurta - Kaladze (if he is fit for fight, if not, Maldini)
Gattuso - Pirlo - Dhorasoo
Kaká - Rui Costa
Crespo

We should start like this (assuming that almost everyone from the starting 11 rests against Udinese.) Nesta should rest anyways, doesn't matter if he's fit for fight. Maldini could maybe play and get substituted later on but I'd prefer Kaladze because I don't want to risk him.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
I unfortunately share the feelings of respected members Ruffian and Haroon :stress:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ruffian said:
Del Neri has quit, according to the Gazzetta. Teams often play better for a game or two after a new coach has been appointed.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadra/Roma/Primo piano/2005/marzo/14delneri.shtml
I agree. I remember when Sacchi was back in the mid 97-98, we won two league games in a row (reggiana, udinese?), but right after that another long streak of disappointment followed. :(

So, let's hope that Roma will be coachless when playing with us. :howler: AFter all, who wants to sit on that bench? :wallbang:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Bruno Conti will be Roma's new trainer.

Roma: Bruno Conti è il nuovo allenatore
Lun 14 Mar, 6:09 PM

Bruno Conti è il nuovo allenatore della Roma. Ad annunciarlo è stata Rosella Sensi: "Abbiamo risolto consensualmente il rapporto con Delneri, che ringrazio - ha detto l`amministratore delegato dei giallorossi - Sono contenta che il nuovo allenatore sia Bruno Conti. Domani ci sarà la conferenza stampa in cui Bruno potrà rispondere a tutte le domande" .

"Sono contentissimo e anche emozionato - ha dichiarato il nuovo tecnico della Roma - Sella? Vediamo se domani se ci sara anche lui. Lo conosco bene, sarò contentissimo se mi sarà vicino. Per me ci vuole la deroga? Direi di sì" .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Guys guys guys, you're just to pessimistic. I mean come on, everything is against Roma for the moment and we are playing very well. this is a sure one, believe me, 2-0.
The only threat is Cassano imo, Montella wont score against our defense and Totti will get all mad and upset when not allowed to move 1 inch with the ball without having "Warheart" Gattuso climbing all over him. :D

Btw, everyone should Hail me, I'm not considered as a "Rookie" anymore. :D
I'm coming at you Diavolo!

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Nesta,

It will be a tough game IMO. The Kid holds the key. Been there, done that. :stuckup: Conti is a well respected former Roma player and he will spur on the players. They will be pumped up for a good showing as that 4th place is slipping away. A tough game overall.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Nesta said:
Guys guys guys, you're just to pessimistic. I mean come on, everything is against Roma for the moment and we are playing very well. this is a sure one, believe me, 2-0.
The only threat is Cassano imo, Montella wont score against our defense and Totti will get all mad and upset when not allowed to move 1 inch with the ball without having "Warheart" Gattuso climbing all over him. :D

Btw, everyoen should Hail me, I'm not considered as a "Rookie" anymore. :D
I'm coming at you Diavolo!
Listen to Haroon :stuckup:

It will real difficult one. Conti is a Roma hero :shades:
To win this one we will have to play a very convincing game.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Haroon said:
Nesta,

It will be a tough game IMO. The Kid holds the key. Been there, done that. :stuckup: Conti is a well respected former Roma player and he will spur on the players. They will be pumped up for a good showing as that 4th place is slipping away. A tough game overall.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see, jus remember 2-0. :D
Ofcourse it wont be easy but I don't think they're going to be a big threat against our defense. Il Genio will lead us to victory!

1 - 20 of 194 Posts