Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma make $23 million Batistuta bid - reports ««
According to reports in Italy, AS Roma have made a $23 million for Fiorentina striker Gabriel Batistuta.
ANSA, the Italian news agency, claims Roma president Franco Sensi is to meet Fiorentina chief Vittorio Cecchi to thrash out a deal.
Batistuta hinted at the weekend that he could be on his way, saying "So many clubs have made important offers for me. I am happy here but the distance between me and the club is enormous...I want to be a footballer but for years I have had to be something else."
The Argentine has also been linked with Manchester United and Inter Milan.

I doubt he will come but you never know...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Like Giallorosso said,since we did not make the Champions League its that much harder to attract bigger players.
I think this bid is useless,thats why Capello and Roma agents are in Real right now trying to pick up Morientes,it looks good at the moment,Roma made a bid.Real are waiting for Milan to out bid,but with Capellos connections there this looks goood,he's 24 years young and is a huge talent.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
How many forwards does Roma need. They got:

Montella: 15-20 goals a season

Delvecchio : 14-16 goals a season

Poggi : 10 goals a season ( if he gets the chance )

Totti : must be considered more as a forward behind two others then a midfielder.

Fabio Junior : he isn't sold yet.

N

·
0 Posts
Legend you're right, how many more forwards do we need? and where is the money gonna be coming from if we either get Morrientes or Batigol? Doesn't this mean that someone will be sold to cover that amount? Well, once the Parma-Inter match is over I think there's gonna be alot of news coming in. I can't think of Inter getting Batigol if Inter doesn't qualify for Champions League. If Parma qualifies, I have a feeling Nakata will be asked by Parma.

With all these rumours flying around,(Vieri, Inzaghi, Batigol, Rivaldo, Figo etc etc...) it seems like it's going to be a long long summer...

D

·
0 Posts
Morientes has a good partnership with Raul, why would he be sold?

Wouldn't they rather keep Morientes for the CL next season. Euro 2000 could also give us more hints as to where Morientes will be playing next season.

Montella and Delvecchio are good strikers, but maybe Roma wants a world-class performer, but why?, theyr'e not in the CL or anything.

D

·
0 Posts
Batistuta wants to win prizes, Roma isn't such a good option then right?

Roma isn't playing CL, and they probably won't stand a big chance of winning the Scudetto.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to sources Bati is willing to wait until Tuesday to see the outcome of INTER V PARMA match..If inter claims victory BATI MAY very well on his way to INTER...

------------------
*<< FORZA INTER >>*

·
Registered
392 Posts
ya i think we should cheer for Parma in this one!!
But on the forward issue i think these forward talks are different avenues that Roma are willing to take if they can't secure Bati.
But i just heard we're interested in Farinos,
now we have to say why??We have enough solid midfielders,or is it cause we can't secure Emerson,i don't know.
But i think Sensi has to pick up some huge players to keep the Roma fans happy,especially after what Lazio did.
And i think he will do this, i'm pretty confident in this.
With Bati we're turning up the heat,
Check it out:

Batistuta is the principal goal of Franco Sensi. Yesterday evening it has been a meeting between an adviser of AS Roma (Franco Baldini) and the Fiorentina's forward. The latter seems to be attracted by Roma's offer (12 billions of Lire a season). Morover, Batistuta's manager went to Milan to speak with FC Inter Milan's president: Moratti, who wants to wait for Parma-Inter (which will let one of these two teams go to next Champions League) to take a decision. (BUT, RECENTLY, FIORENTINA HAS DECIDED NOT TO MEET INTER MILAN.)
---------------------------------------------
Add to this the good relationship Sensi has to Checchi Gori,lets keep our fingers crossed!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh ya ,
forgot something,
Roma are pushing for a Balbo-Poggi swap.
I think this would be stupid,i like Poggi personally and how much game is left in Balbo?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Sensi wants Bati at any cost and Inter are not willing to match the new bid by Roma. Could this have anything to do with Lazio winning the scudetto :)

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

G

·
0 Posts
How old is Batti????

Has he aleast 3 years left in him?

Dont get me wrong, i think he is great and i would love to see him in a Roma shirt.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Bati is 31. I have no idea how long he has keft on the top, but I've never seen him as good as he is now. I think 2 more years on the highest level and 2 more as just damn good!

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

A

·
0 Posts
Bati still has 3 to 4 nice years to come!

------------------
Keep the hope alive!
Forza Viola!
Bati is still the man!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Roma have offered him a world record salary of $4 million a year as well.

A ROMA SOLO LA LAZIO!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts