Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
60,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Game of the season in the eyes of many, me included. :shades:

Should be a real cracker at the Olimpico, and this season it's even more important for the Roma faithful as they've got some business to settle with the "traitors" Capello and Emerson. Zebina is shit so I don't think anybody cares really. :D But Capello and Emerson won't be welcomed with roses come Saturday evening.

Roma will have a full strength side to choose from as there are no suspensions and the only two missing will be Chivu and Tommasi, and they aren't exactly regulars this season.

Juventus will have Real Madrid in mind as they'll be facing the Merengues only 4 days later. But with Milan expected to go 3 points clear at the top after their game at Bergamo, all pressure will be on the Bianconeri to deliver and win in Roma, and they have to.

Let the battle commence ! :boxing: :skull:

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
The season has been a complete washout, we have to win this game, we have to make Juve suffer, and we have to take the Scudetto just a couple of inches further from their slimy grasps, nothing else is acceptable. It's manageable, even if our defence reeks, Juve's "attack"(that's bringing exaggeration to a whole new level;)) is just as bad. At the end of the day it'll come down to this- if the tridente perform, we'll win, if the tridente have a good day, we'll win comprehensively, if not, we're probably looking at a dour 0-0, or maybe a last minute penalty to give Juve a 1-0 win.

FORZA ROMA :scream: :fero: :crazy: :devil: :frustrat: :boxing:

·
Registered
13,124 Posts
It's a match for the ages, filled with subplots and themes of revenge.
We will also miss Mexes, of course, but Juve figures to be without Nedved and possibly Trez, and that's a good chunk of their attack. I envision a low scoring affair, but with Zebina and Ferrari on the pitch, one never knows. I actually view the Palermo away match as tough as this one. But we are in a more desperate head right now, and we really do need a positive result. Juve does, too, as Nerazzuri points out, so it should be a fantastic matchup.
I think I am looking forward to seeing the banners at Olimpico as much as the match itself. :dielaugh:

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
romafan53 said:
It's manageable, even if our defence reeks, Juve's "attack"(that's bringing exaggeration to a whole new level;)) is just as bad.
We've score only 2 goals less than Roma while you've conceded 23 goals more than us.

Just as bad...in your dreams perhaps.

At the end of the day it'll come down to this- if the tridente perform, we'll win, if the tridente have a good day, we'll win comprehensively, if not, we're probably looking at a dour 0-0, or maybe a last minute penalty to give Juve a 1-0 win
I'd settle for a 'dour' and comprehensive 2-0 victory again like the one at the Delle Alpi.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Nero said:
We've score only 2 goals less than Roma while you've conceded 23 goals more than us.

Just as bad...in your dreams perhaps.
If you want to take our early season games, and the form of a terrible, fragile Roma into account, fine, the stats sound about right. But if we were to talk about more recent form, and say...the last three months or so, we'd be looking at this:

Juventus-Sampdoria 0-1
Palermo-Juventus 1-0
Real-Juventus 1-0
Juventus-Udinese 2-1
Messina-Juventus 0-0
Juventus-Siena 3-0
Atalanta-Juventus 1-2
Juventus-Brescia 2-0
Cagliari-Juventus 1-1
Juventus-Livorno 4-2
Parma-Juventus 1-1
Juventus-Milan 0-0
Bologna-Juventus 0-1
Juventus-Lazio 2-1
Inter-Juventus 2-2

Scored 20, conceded 12

Palermo-Roma 2-0
Roma-Livorno 3-0
Inter-Roma 2-0
Roma-Bologna 1-1
Lecce-Roma 1-1
Roma-Messina 3-2
Fiorentina-Roma 1-2
Chievo-Roma 2-2
Roma-Atalanta 2-1
Lazio-Roma 3-1
Roma-Parma 5-1
Brescia-Roma 0-1
Roma-Sampdoria 1-1
Siena-Roma 0-4

Scored 26, conceded 17

In conclusion, we've scored six more goals than you, and conceded only five more than you, hence therefore Roma-Juventus=+1 goal. But you make your own conclusions, Sherlock.

I'd settle for a 'dour' and comprehensive 2-0 victory again like the one at the Delle Alpi.
And i'd settle for a 'dour' and comprehensive 4-0 victory again, like the one at the Stadio Olimpico.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
FORZA ROMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go beat them !

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
To be honest, my heart's been into this match since the derby loss. Despite having matches, that in terms of sport, are more important than this one, my main focus has been here for a while. Palermo is a direct rival, the Juve-ship sailed in September. Still.. A win here would make this season a success. :star:

I feel encouraged by the Interisti and Milanisti coming in here. Emerson-Zebina-Capello should be welcomed nicely :sweeteye:

·
Registered
60,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Capello should be wearing a helmet for his life's sake. :D

As for Emerson and Zebina, they'll be booed at every touch of the ball I guess. I expect Zebina to do what he does best (screw up) in this game.

Can't wait ! :horny:

FORZA ROMA ! Even if you guys are competing with us for the CL spots, but I'd never, ever support Dopentus. And I don't hate Roma, not at all. How can anybody hate a team that has a fantastic talent such as Totti ? :shades:

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
If only Roma would repeat what they did last year (4-0)
I know its hard, but Roma are unpredictable!!

Go Roma...Forza Roma!!

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
------------------------Pelizzoli---------------------

Panucci--------Ferrari-----------Dellas----------Cufre

-------Dacourt---------De Rossi-------Perrotta------

-------------------------Totti-----------------------

--------------Montella----------Cassano-------------

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Go Roma! :star:

Like others have pointed out, it will not be easy for Capello, Emerson and Zebina to go back to Roma and play a normal away game. Helmets and ear plugs needed indeed :)

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I honestly believe we stand more of a chance in this game than the Palemmo game, as paradox as that might sound. It's a gift and a curse, a win in Palermo would benefit our hunt for 4th spot more, but at the same time, nothing would be better than beating Juve right now.

If Totti brings his A game, I think we'll win on pure motivation, on pure will and on pure hatred. That's where it's at for me. No elaborate tactical analysis of how to counter Juve's strengths, no wibble wobblying around with a 4-3-3- or a 3-4-3 - it's all there for the taking for the team who wants it more. And right now, I think we want it more.

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
romafan53 said:
If you want to take our early season games, and the form of a terrible, fragile Roma into account, fine, the stats sound about right. But if we were to talk about more recent form, and say...the last three months or so, we'd be looking at this:

Juventus-Sampdoria 0-1
Palermo-Juventus 1-0
Real-Juventus 1-0
Juventus-Udinese 2-1
Messina-Juventus 0-0
Juventus-Siena 3-0
Atalanta-Juventus 1-2
Juventus-Brescia 2-0
Cagliari-Juventus 1-1
Juventus-Livorno 4-2
Parma-Juventus 1-1
Juventus-Milan 0-0
Bologna-Juventus 0-1
Juventus-Lazio 2-1
Inter-Juventus 2-2

Scored 20, conceded 12

Palermo-Roma 2-0
Roma-Livorno 3-0
Inter-Roma 2-0
Roma-Bologna 1-1
Lecce-Roma 1-1
Roma-Messina 3-2
Fiorentina-Roma 1-2
Chievo-Roma 2-2
Roma-Atalanta 2-1
Lazio-Roma 3-1
Roma-Parma 5-1
Brescia-Roma 0-1
Roma-Sampdoria 1-1
Siena-Roma 0-4

Scored 26, conceded 17

In conclusion, we've scored six more goals than you, and conceded only five more than you, hence therefore Roma-Juventus=+1 goal. But you make your own conclusions, Sherlock.
And how convenient it is for you to start comparing both teams right after our dip in form. I think taking the whole season so far into account is a better reflection, Watson.

And i'd settle for a 'dour' and comprehensive 4-0 victory again, like the one at the Stadio Olimpico.
I don't blame you for living in the past.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
need to bounce back after Palermo, this is a great chance; at home and hopefully with better conditions.

Juventus had nothing on Real Madrid last week, and will have to play them again a few days after this match.

it's a must win for them so they might even rest players (just in case Zebina and Emer$on need an excuse to not show their face :greed: ) against Roma with a view to the CL, on top of Trez and Nedved who are out injured anyway.

Capello showed no respect or class criticising Totti and Cassano after walking out on the team the way he did. it would be great if they could make him regret it.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
With Totti back, Cassano must play closer to Montella. Thats our downfall of the tridente this year, the fact that Montella is basically on his own upfront with Totti and Cassano not near him.

The 3 man midfield also needs a very good game, they need to run and battle everywhere and try to feed Totti and Cassano.

I think we will concede as always even against this Juve, so we may need to score 2 and its possible.

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Capello showed no respect or class criticising Totti and Cassano after walking out on the team the way he did. it would be great if they could make him regret it.
Totti criticized Capello, and he responded back to goldie locks. From what i know, Cap has only praised Cassano.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Lets hope Juventus try and play some football in this match at least, then maybe we have a chance of scoring instead of trying to play against a 8 man defence.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
This match is going to be spiteful to say the least and I can't wait for it,Let's hope Roma do us a lovely favour. :D

1 - 20 of 398 Posts