Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
No De Rossi for Roma(2 game ban) so that is a great boost, us coming from a 4-1 win today will boost us well as well.

Moe, yeah that was a real downer for us Juventini that season(2003-2004), but the players repaid us by winning in Rome in the 2004-2005 season and in style in the 2005-2006 season(thrashing them 4-1).

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Every time I see Roma vs Juventus the first thing that comes to mind is the 4-0 - what an awesome display by Antonio Cassano :D .
If there is one football match where you would have to define "chemistry" between two forwards - it's gotta be that game - Totti and Cassano were simply brilliant that night. :groan:

But as Amr pointed out, we got revenge so that was sort of settled :pp

Not that anything from those two particular seasons seems to 'count' for any significance (so to speak?) these days...right, I'll stop here.

I predict a 1-1 draw.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i predict a 2-1 to us or a 2-2 draw. we do need to win this game though to maintain some sort of pressure on inter, who a couple of tough games coming up. but we cant go through the bad patches we went through in feb and in the winter time

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
I doubt that he can play vs Roma, not sure about the time though.

However, Juan, Pizzaro, De Rossi, Motta and Totti are out from the tie, so a loss there would be totally unacceptable, a draw will be accepted because we also got our fair share of injuries, but should Gio play, we can win it. You never know, it's Roma vs Juve, can't be predicted.

In 2003, we drew there 2-2 thanks to Pavel in the end, then we got thrashed in 2004, won in 2005 thanks to ref calls, thrashed them in 2006 and lastly drew there in 2008 thanks to a late Iaquinta header, basically we don't lose in the Olimpico much, and I don't expect to lose there next saturday if we play our A game.

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
He didnt get to play them last time, but last season, the team he did well against most was Roma, so I hope he continues to make them "his" team even further :hopeful:

First game:

[tub]SSjJ8Ef7C_E[/tub]

Second game:

[tub]RiROEijvGAg&feature=related[/tub]

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
We are not going to win. Too many players and officials are talking about how we will fight for Scudetto until the end. Everytime this happens we drop points.

Anyway, let's break that damn pattern!

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
We are missing quite a few ourselves ;) But we can cope with it better then them.

Marchionni and Nedved are predicted to be back, with Pavel predicted to start :pp

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
1 Buffon
3 Chiellini
4 Mellberg
5 Zebina
7 Salihamidzic
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
15 Knezevic
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
31 Nocchi
32 Marchionni
35 Esposito
36 Castiglia

Their De Rossi is suspended, and our mini De Rossi adds to our injury woes... :sigh:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts