Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05/05/2002. Roma have capitalised on Inter Milan's 4-2 defeat to Rome rivals Lazio by winning 1-0 at Torino to finish the season in second place. Although Juventus' win verus Udinese denied Fabio Capello's side a second successive Scudetto.

Finishing as runners-up is rather significant as it means automatic qualification to the group stage of the Champions League, while Inter will now have to face a potentially tough qualification round.

Roma were without skipper Francesco Totti and it showed in a disappointing first half performance.

Antonio Cassano introduction for the second half changed the visitors performance and it was he that scored the only goal of the game after 68 minutes.

Torino goalkeeper Stefano Sorrentino also had to make good saves to deny Gabriel Batistuta from a free-kick and a chip from Vincenzo Montella either side of Cassano's well-taken goal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Roma avoid a CL qualifying round by winning 2nd place and finally win on the road in 2002. If Roma keep their nucleus again, they will be there next year.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When I saw that Inter were losing I was afraid that Roma wasn't going to take advantage of this by winning in Torino to grab second place but luckily they proved me wrong by winning away from the Olimpico for the first time in the year 2002. Well done Roma. Second place is not bad after the situation in which we were in before the final round. Nice goal by Cassano that allowed Roma to avoid the very dreadful preliminaries of CL, particularly with the world cup looming ahead.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Second spot:rollani:. Roma, like Juventus, did not deserve to win the scudetto. Roma drew too many times with the mediocre teams in Serie A, that is not the kind of team that deserves to win the scudetto.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Meazza02 said:
Second spot:rollani:. Roma, like Juventus, did not deserve to win the scudetto. Roma drew too many times with the mediocre teams in Serie A, that is not the kind of team that deserves to win the scudetto.
MAN U ACTING DUMB OR U R?
Look at ur inter.....

P W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Juventus 34 20 11 3 64 23 41 71
2 Roma 34 19 13 2 58 24 34 70
3 Internazionale 34 20 9 5 62 35 27 69

One game won than us and lost 5 games:eek: ...that is funny man!
Look at us we drew many but at least didnt loose....
which is better...to loose or to draw?.....and look at juve.....how many looses and wins?....Even with this form roma deserved.....if u look at the big club records...

ROMA 2: JUVE0
ROMA1: MILAN 0
ROMA 3: CHIEVO 0
ROMA 5: CHIEVO 0
ROMA 2 : LAZIO 0
ROMA 5: LAZIO 1
.....ok I UNDERSTAND THAT INTER BEAT US BUT COMPARE THE RECORD OF ROMA WITH LAZIO AAND CHIEVO AND INTER AND CHIEVO PLUS LAZIO.....LETS NOT TALK ABOUT IT.....IM AT LEAST HAPPY THAT JUVE GONNA REPRESENT IN GROUP STAGES RATHER THAN INTER......IT WOULD BE SHAME......LOOSING TO FEEYENORD...WELL WE LOST AGAINST LIVERPOOL AS WELL BUT U CANT COMPARE LIVERPOOL WITH FEEYNORD...
sorry mate .......lets dont argue here.....season is over and very best wished to all serie a teams for next season!
;) :D :cool: :greed: :howler:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Inter are a shame, thank god they didn't win, in fact they remind me of the Brazil of 98, a team with no team play , a bunch of individualities. finally they got what they deserved, just like Brazil---

·
Registered
37 Posts
........, a team with no team play , a bunch of individualities.

That's so true szeppelin .. Inter depend too much on players skill I didn't see they play a good teamwork. When we are drew in Venezia I know that Juve will be the champion. Well overall this season if Roma didn't manage to be champion absolutely Juve the one that deserve it .
Forza Roma. Congrat Juve.. enjoy your scudetto but next year it's gonna be ours again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts