Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Romanista and Serie A legend Carlo Mazzone brings his overachieving Bologna boys to the Olimpico on Sunday for a difficult match. Bologna have issued us some very humiliating defeats in recent years. They blasted us 3-1 in the andata, and helped kill our scudetto dreams last season. They really are a nail in our shoe, and they are irritating and must be defeated. Looks like Ferrari is unavailable. Nice to see Mehgni and Cipraini are injured for Bologna. This should be another nail biter or Roma could turn on the after burners and blow doors. I don't know how to read this one, but ya gotta figure Mazzone will bring his best like always. Bologna will play on just two days rest, as they whipped up on Parma 3-1 on Thurs. We, of course, will benefit from that extra days rest, having played last on Wed.

ROMA 3-4-3
12 Zotti
19 Scurto
31 Dellas
5 Mexes
2 Panucci
15 Dacourt
4 De Rossi
30 Mancini
10 Montella
18 Cassano
9 Montella

A disposizione
22 Pelizzoli
27 Briotti
3 Xavier
20 Perrotta
23 Aquilani
11 Corvia
26 Cerci

Allenatore Del Neri
Indisponibili
Chivu (convalescenza dopo rottura quinto metatarso piede destro, 15 giorni); Tommasi (convalescenza dopo rottura legamenti, 2 mesi);

Squalificati
Ferrari

Diffidati
Cassano, Totti, Mancini, Dacourt

BOLOGNA 4-3-2-1
1 Pagliuca
30 Nastase
20 Torrisi
2 Juarez
16 Sussi
6 Zagorakis
8 Giunti
19 Colucci
10 Locatelli
11 Bellucci
23 Ferrante

A disposizione
12 Pansera
4 Amoroso
3 Gamberini
32 Capuano
2 Daino
13 Loviso
24 Della Rocca

Allenatore Mazzone
Indisponibili
Meghni (lesione del menisco mediale del ginocchio destro, un mese); Cipriani (contusione con ematoma del retto femorale, 10 giorni); Ferron (influenza, riposo).

Squalificati
Nessuno

Diffidati
Loviso, Meghni, Amoroso, Bellucci

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Apparently Mexes's six week suspension is likely to be given to him within the next fourty eight hours. Should be fun to see what defence we line up with :groan:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Tough blow, tough blow. He was just starting to show his potential. Ferrari he is a good player and I like him but mentally he is not as strong as he needs to be to fulfill his potential. Perhaps Scurto deserves a shot or at least eased into the game with a couple of 20 minutes from time substitutions.

I've liked the 4-3-3 better for Roma and this suspension will probably change is the formation as Primo wrote in the above post to a 3-5-3, which means that we have will do what we always have done which is rely on the trident and hope we don't make any mistakes in the back line.

This is going to be a tough game, Mazzone's bologna are tough and compact and are tough to break down and are good on the break. A win is needed so we will have to hammer out a positive result. Cassano must be the one who provides that extra bit of magic for us and hopefully Montella is on dazzling form. And Totti must be the man who steps up and comes out with a monster performance.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
What a horror if Cassano and Totti gets yellow cards tomorrow. But we should still win this one, at Olimpico we got to take home all the 3 points, but as stated by Primo, Bologna feels like a nemesis in some way, hope we can get by that on sunday, forza Roma alé!

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
According to Gazzetta. it, the Mexes suspension won't come until after the Bologna match and Cufre' will be ready on Sunday.

Bad news is that Cassano and Panucci are hurt and very quetionable for the match.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i would rest cassano or totti for this match so at least one of them is fully fit to face inter next week

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
>> Yet Bologna have a growing injury list that includes Stefano Torrisi, Tomas Locatelli, Carlo Nervo, Mourad Meghni, Igli Tare and Fabio Petruzzi.>>> :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
We're under pressure after Palermo's and Sampierdaranese/Andrea Doria wins.
A win without conceiding a goals would really lift my spirit but Carletto's boys are doing well lately.

I'm afraid it's a bad day and we'll screw up again but usually when i have a bad feeling about the game we win.
(I had good ones for example against Udinese, Bologna, Leverkusen and lazie for example to prove a point :D )
So be it...

SOLO NOI!

la mamma bolognese è 'na p.....

·
Registered
61,326 Posts
I'll have this game live here. Should be a good game but I'm rather disappointed that it was chosen ahead of Parma - Inter. Oh well... :)

Diffidati
Cassano, Totti, Mancini, Dacourt
:hopefull:

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
#18 babyyyyyyyyyyyy! :cool:
Vinny swims thru Bologna's defense! Off to a great start! Roma's rising! :star: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kinda forgot what it was like to get out to an early lead, too. Looks like things are slowing down a bit. Until the next rush....also I noticed Mancini is on the bench.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Dacourt has been booked, that means he misses the Inter game?
I'd really love another goal as well.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts