Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Roma returns to Serie A action at the Olympico Sunday vs. Bologna, who must play Lazio on Thursday. I'm expecting a win, but right now, who knows if we'll be issued a home field punishment of some sort due to what happened vs. Lazio. Everything is up in the air. FIGC could penalize us at any moment for the rotten behavior of our fans. But let's suppose for now that we will face Bologna under normal circumstances.
When I think of the opposition, I think of Mazzone (Romanista), Siggy (on the hunt for 200 like Baggio), Nervo the nut case winger (Could tear Lima apart), Locatelli (underrated playmaker) and GK Pags. They're a wily club that's had a much better second part of the season and they are fighting relegation.
I think we're mostly healthy, but we, too, play a match on Thursday. I'm hoping Mancini scores 2 goals at Bologna. I think he might. Sure would like to see a little more magic with Totti & Cassano. It shapes up to be a match full of characters. Let's hope for a big return to Serie A with 3 full points.
p.s. I'm still in shock over Sunday.
Past performances:
02/01/2003 Roma-Bologna 3-1
09/14/2002 Bologna-Roma 2-1
03/30/2002 Roma-Bologna 3-1
11/25/2001 Bologna-Roma 1-3
02/11/2001 Bologna-Roma 1-2
10/01/2000 Roma-Bologna 2-0
04/16/2000 Roma-Bologna 2-0
12/12/1999 Bologna-Roma 1-0
03/13/1999 Roma-Bologna 3-1

Scorers
Roma
Goal Scorers vs. Bologna
Marco Delvecchio 4
Vincenzo Montella 3
Ferreira da Rosa Emerson 3
Francesco Totti 2
Walter Adrian Samuel 1
Antonio Cassano 1

Bologna
Goal Scorers vs. Roma
Giuseppe Signori 3
Julio Ricardo Cruz 3

Ex players
Roma
Francisco Lima
:star:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
They looked good last weekend but we should be able to win this one I feel.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes, roma will win

:D Yes, roma will win againts Bologna after the exit door from the UEFA Cup. It will be Nakata againts Totti, who cares, i mean roma always win againts Bologna. Moreover the game will be play at home, so good luck.......

·
Registered
943 Posts
Roma will win this because Bologno have lost their best striker last summer, Julio Cruz.

It gonna be an interesting deja-vu with Nakata...:star:

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Bad news as Samuel will miss the Bologna match because of Argentina National Team duty, so here is the formation Capello is expected to use against on Sunday:

(4-4-2)

-------------------Pelizzoli---------------------

Panucci-------Dellas-------Chivu-------Candela

Mancini-------Emerson-------Dacourt-------Lima

-----------Totti---------------Cassano---------

Bench: Montella, Delvecchio, Carew, D'Agostino, Tommasi, Wahab, Zotti

Injured: De Rossi

Suspended: Zebina

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O man, Perrotta just undressed Maldini and made it 0-2 Chievo. Suddenly, we can pick up 3 points if we can beat Bologna and Chievo holds on. Both are tough assignments tho. 1-1 Roma-Bologna right now just before the half.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
this is it Roma, your chance. for your sake seize it.
In bocca alLupo Roma.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!
time for 3-4-1-2 Capello you idiot.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Second half - Delvecchio goes in to replace Candela and then is replaced by Carew.
:dazed:
Cassano is again taken out of the match for Montella. When, when, WHEN will Capello ever learn?
Totti's dreaming of Real or Chelsea.
:dazed: No leadership. :groan:

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Primo said:
Second half - Delvecchio goes in to replace Candela and then is replaced by Carew.
:dazed:
Cassano is again taken out of the match for Montella. When, when, WHEN will Capello ever learn?
Totti's dreaming of Real or Chelsea.
:dazed: No leadership. :groan:
run that by me again, and I hope everyon who thought we were too harsh on Cap and his ways is reading when you do.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was a little harsh on Totti, but I'm frustrated. Gotta hand it to Bologna - they beat both Roman clubs in 4 days.
We had a chance today. We had a real good chance. Oh there it is - Milan ties it up in the last play of the match as I write this. What a perfect script.
Forza Roma :depress: :groan:

·
Registered
451 Posts
i cannot believe it either

:eek: i though roma will have an easy game, they should win it, they always perform well againts Bologna...How come the best of serie a team with the super sTAR TOTTI COULD NOT win it for roma. And luckily Milan come from 2-0 down to a draw. i would have though roma will close the gaps. what a match ........No mind is okkay Roma will be the champion maybe Next season....cool man. because Totti will be back, because he is the one thAT BRING YOU THE Champion.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts