Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All eyes on Olimpico Sunday as Milan brings the media-hyped Beckham and company to town for a battle with our wolves. So many discussions surrounding this one. We are without Totti. That's a problem. But a great match expected with many talking points.....
BROOKLYN WE GO HARD

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Oh man life is so boring without Calcio, finally we will live again.

I think we are gonna draw this one. This year we simply suck without Totti, plus I expect poor fit team after the break just like after summer. It seems our team staffs don't know how to keep the players in shape without official games.

Would be great winning with Becks scoring an won goal though. :D

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
At least 2 of the players mentioned in the title wont play from the start AND are simply reserves.

Our probable line-up:

Abbiati
Zambrotta-Maldini-Kaladze-Jankulovski
Ambro-Pirlo-Seedorf
Kaka-Ronaldinho
Pato

Subs: Dida, Beckham, Flamini, Sheva, Senderos, Pippo and Favalli :)

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Bad moon rising. Hardly any offensive players to damage Milan's weakest part, rendering that perceived advantage virtually null. Everything will be on Vucinic, as no one has any clue how Baptista is doing after his injury. It can be enough, we've seen it before but...bad moon rising. The break didn't favor us, either, and this game comes in a very bad time for Roma.

Ps. Based on media speculation, you'd be excused for wondering if Mexes would play for Roma or Milan in this game. Funny little coincidence that seems to repeat itself around six times per year, whenever we play a big team. But yes, coincidence...

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
It's great that we're winning even with this very much depleted squad. It's not pretty since we're lacking all creative players, but I love the spirit and effort from everyone of our players out there, they are totally outhustling the Milan team.

But it's far from over, Milan have more than enough quality to turn this around really fast.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Bullshit offside on Milan's first, worldclass performance by Pato on the second. I can live with it, even if it feels like to me that Roma could have won it. Upped the tempo and quality when Pek and Aquilani came on. But it's difficult to defend against such goals, what can you do?

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I'll take this draw, given that all our creative players were not fit to start.

Anyway, it was quite strange how our right side of defence collapsed in the second half. Cassetti was very solid in the first half and nowhere to be seen in the second.

Vucinic, as usual, showed he's a big game player. Got to love him.

Baptista was useless, after he had a decent run of form months ago, he's back to his usual form, let's hope Menez benches him for good soon.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I thought Baptista was at least worth a 6 for his first half. Especially considering he was supposed to fit a circle into a square, more or less, in connecting a midfield of no ball players and no real passers with a hyper active attacker that can't remain in the same spot or area for more than seconds at a time. In the second half he was a non-factor and invisible though, agreed so far. Good observation on Cassetti, who was one of our better players in the first, then one of the worst in the second.

PS. If I wasn't having so much fun at the fact that Zambrotta is embarrassing right now, I'd be saddened. Scary drop in quality, probably the fastest decline considering suckitude vs. time that I've ever seen. EDIT: excluding Sheva. Congratulations Milan!

·
Registered
17,551 Posts
Zambrotta has declined but I don't think it's that bad.

As for Baptista first half, he had a horrible first few 3-4 touches (15-20 minutes) and then Vucinic selfishly did not pass to him in the end of the half. He was below 6 for me but also Vucinic should have used him. He is not totally useless.

Agree with the rest.

When you can count on Vucinic for scoring goals without any support, that is a tremendous quality in the player.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts