Xtratime Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Just did my prevew. Not sure if Dacourt is available or not yet so I did him as 50/50. Forza Roma, we need this win.

Also can I suggest a possible change in formation. If not the 3-4-3 then 4-3-3

Basically if we have any plans on using D'Ago:

---------------------------Pelizzoli----------------------------
------Panucci------Ferrari-------Dellas--------Cufre-----------
-----------------De Rossi---Dacourt-----D'Agostino------------
------------------------Totti-------Cassano------------------
----------------------------Montella-------------------------

Subs: Zotti, Candela, Mexes, De Martino, Mancini, Mido, Corvia.

No Mancini, not because I dont want us to use him anymoe, just because he is playing crap and needs more rest. Also Panucci is not so bad at coming forward from RB if we play this formation.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Oh yes, my mistake, in that case Candela of course with Scurto making the bench.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
My only problem with the 3-4-3 is that we have to play at least one proper winger and that at the moment is not good for us with the current form of Mancini but we will see.

AMANTINO
CANDELA
CASSANO
CORVIA
D'AGOSTINO
DELLAS
DE ROSSI
FERRARI
MEXES
MIDO
MONTELLA
PANUCCI
PELIZZOLI
SARTOR
SCURTO
TOTTI
ZOTTI
DE MARTINO
CERCI
BRIOTTI

Well no Dacourt again, I put him in my preview but only as a slight chance but he is still not there. Which means De Martino and De Rossi will be the very inexperienced midfield. Even Atalanta who have a midfield of Bernadini and Migliaccio have some more experience than us.

I think this will be tougher than we expect, especially with the names missing so we will need to rely on the 3 attackers.

----------------------Pelizzoli-------------------
-----------Mexes------Dellas-------Ferrari-------
---Mancini-------De Rossi--De Martino---Panucci-
-----------------------Totti-------------------
-----------------Montella----------Cassano-----

Bench: Zotti, Scurto, Sartor, Candela, D'Agostino, Corvia, Mido.

Again its nice to see Cerci called up for the experience and atmosphere. Also maybe he should even play soon if Del Neri doesnt want to give any chance to the other two strikers we have.

The team I did was actually the probable one, my actual team would see Candela on the instead of Panucci. I suppose in a back 3 Mexes needs to play so I would leave the back 3 as it is even if I dont like it currently.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Primo, I would say that Pepe is a very average finisher. He is not so great even though he has scoed his 7 goals. I am almost sure that if Corvia and pepe had swapped position... Corvia would have 7 in 17 for Piacenza and Pepe would have 0 in 400 minutes for Roma.

I rate Corvia a little more highly even if Pepe is currently ahead of Corvia in the U21 pecking order. Pepe for sure has been in all the Italy youth systems since an early age so cant be so bad, but from what I have seen of him, he is a goos striker with good runs and decent technique, but quite average at finishing.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Scurto is not so great, he gives all e has but he is not Serie A level currently IMO!

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Well 2-1 is not so bad. i said we should not under-estimate Atalanta who only ever lose by 1 goal usually. Well the win is great, after a loss in the derby, the only important thing was the 3 points.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Its easy to say that without Montella bla bla bla, but the fact is Montella was there, he is a Roma player and he is our best goalscorer.

No team can play so easily without their main striker, if Zlatan is missing for Juve, or Shevchenko for Milan or whatever it is always going to be that bit tougher for that team, even if Juve and Milan would still beat Atalanta without them players.

Atalanta have only ever lost 1-0 like I said and considering the result on thursday, we did well just to win.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.