Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well season is over and it has not been that bad actually although we could have done much better.
Well personally i would like to sell and buy some players for Roma.......
Many teams already have this thread and i decided why not to ROMA......
Well
Goalkeepers:
#1 Many would disagree bout i would put Pelizolli instead of Batman, i mean Antonioli had a great season but if u watch his last 5 or 6 games he doesn have quick reactoins as Pellizolli does so i would go for youngster.
#Cejas:
Actually i have not seen this guy playing my self but i heard from my argentine friends that he is awesome so i think he should be our number 2
#3 Would b battman, i mean this guys is still awesome but he was hoping for his last world cup but i m sure he wont get it so he should leave his career or just stay in ROMA as a second or third choice keeper.
DEFENDERS:
Samuel: ROMA listen to my advise please!.....NEVER SELL THIS GUY OR LOAN OUT!......HE will be crowned as the best centre back during the world cup...just watch him.....And im sure that he is our Number on choice....as a C B
S.Lassisi....well im happy to know that this guy will b back next season and im sure that he will play alongside Samuel in CB so he would b my second choice.
Panucci: well this guy plays same and sometimes better than some players a lot more less than his age.....i mean like Thuram and Lizarazu and all. So he would b my choice for R B and please SENSi sighn this guy in.....please!
*LUCIO Roma please buy this guy.....he would be perfect replacement for Aldair.....we could play him as a sub for those 2 CB and play him sometimes as a left back!
Sivilgia: well this guy didnt get any channces to play this season but im sure capello will use him as a sub and im sure he will b on the bench for next season.......
Cufre: well as cejas i havent seen this guy playing as well but im sure he is good other wise capello wouldnt waste his time to go to argenting jsut to watch this guy so i would let him stay in ROMA...
Zago: Well in the first half of the season this guy did quiet well but he wanted to leave...if i was cappelinhio i would let him go.....i woould let him stay for another season.
Midfielders:
5 Francisco Lima
7 Diego Fuser
8 Marcos dos Santos Assunçao
11 Ferreira da Rosa Emerson
17 Damiano Tommasi
23 Ivan Tomic
25 Gianni Guigou .....
Lima..........i would let him stay...he still didnt score his gaol for ROMA.......i want him to score next season.....and he is a good play
Fuser: well this guy is old but we could use him as a sub for Cafu....
Assuncao......second best free kick taker in da world.....let him stay,,,,,,,he is truly hard worker....
Emerson...our rock in midfield .......and captain of Brazil........I would kill myself if capellp sighns him opt.....but im sure he won....emerson is emerson....we need him as we need TOTTI
Tomic....personally i wouldnt keep this guy....i would rather loan him out....he is not rteady for full serie a action so let him go back to alavez as he wishes.
Guigou.....he is a good replacement for D M and for candela so why not keep him.?,,,,,,,,,he is a good player.......i wouldnt wanna sighn him out.
Cafu....well nothing to say about this guy......He is our beckham.....maybe little better than that PUNK!
Strikers; well here is the big problem1
BATISTUTA.....do u guys really think that we should sell him.....personally i wish for his best but secondly i dont want him to leave cuz I want him to stay with us.....i wouldnt wanna sighn him out.....good replacment for Il Aeroplanino
MONtella--DUDE NOTHING TO SAY.....ONE OF THE BEST STRIKERS AT THE MOMENT.....KEEP IT UP BOY......Dont ever think about to let him go......
Delvecchio......As bati showed that he is not good enough to start this guys gets a chance to paly as a starter unless we wont buy anyone else........So keep him.....Truly hard worker.....
Cassano---please uncle cappellinjio dont let this guy out....we need him in roma......Personally i would kill the coach if he leaves.....
TOTTI........i dont need to talk about him....do i? :D
And buy Shevchenko.....for next season!

So my line up is 4-3-1-2

.................Pellizolli
.................Samuel
...Panucci.....Lassisi.....Lucio
.Cafu.....Emerson........Candela
............TOTTI........
....Shevchenko....Montella.....

YOU GUYS LIKE THAT DONT U?.........and hopefully with this squad Scudetto is ours...for...YEAR 2002/2003....PLUS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ;)
GOOD LUCK ROMA......

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't know what to say, as i'm preparing for the WC, and wishing that Argentina can win the WC, am still sad about losing the scudetto for just ONE single point, i'm happy that lucky Inter didn't win, but still it hurts to lose by one point, so many missing chances.

As i'm listening to Blackbird by the Beatles amd depressed at this moment, because we deserved that Scudetto more than Juventus, i guess we don't have suitcases full of money, nope not our style....we came out emptyhanded...

Lucio would be great, but i'm shure Sensi is to cheap to buy him, Lassissi?, well i don't know about this guy, seems like a Fiorentina reject to me..

Batistuta?, hard to say, of course i want him to stay. but if he's going to play another uninspired season like the last one, we must show him the door, if he plays inspired, like the first half of the 2000-2001 season, then he's unsttopable, the best in the world, but if Argentina wins the >WC, please God, let it be...i doubt he will have the hunger it takes to win another scudetto.

Sheva?, no please the guy lost his touch...better get Piojo Lopez or Maniero or Di Vaio..

So...the longest wait starts here...the end of the season....just a few months until the new season starts, let's hope we will be able to win it again....

FORZA ROMA PER SEMPRE......

THE ONLY TEAM FROM ROME THAT MATTERS

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Rome needs a backup for Totti and a good striker.
If roma had a good striker, the championship would stay in the red half of rome. All we need is a big signing in the summer.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If we want to be successful next season we have to buy a striker that guarantees us 15-18 goals because with Montella's goals it isn't enough. Just look at this season.

If I were Sensi I would buy Pippo Maniero, he scored 18 goals with Venezia, that is REALLY good.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Strikers, strikers and strikers... replacements for Totti....

No! We already have Montella, and a replacement for Totti is Cassano.

We must play great players ONLY for the midfield and for the defence, AND THEN some replacements, some strikers to bench...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Remember that Montella scored 14 goals in half of a season. He is our answer at striker -- 20 to 25 goals if he can stay healthy and he gets his time on the pitch.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Roma has to buy a new striker, without a doubt. Remember what happened in 2001-2002? Montella injured his knee, had surgery and was out injured for 4 months!!!! In those 4 months Roma struggled to score, all the games ended either 0-0 or 1-0 due to a 3-5-2 that played great in defense and because all of Roma's goals were scored by the midfielders and the defenders!!! Roma was the only team in 2001-2002 in which for some months all the goals were scored by midfielders and defenders because Montella was injured for 4 months. If he gets injured for a long time again next season, Roma will be doomed again...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Adriano next on Roma shopping list

Tuesday 7th May 2002

Roma completed the signings of Traianos Dellas, Davide Bombardini and Cristian Panucci on Tuesday and hope to further strengthen the squad over the summer by adding Internazionale striker Adriano, Atalanta's Cristiano Doni or Fiorentina midfielder Angelo Di Livio.

Panucci has been an integral part of the Roma side while on loan from Monaco this season and club president Franco Sensi confirmed on Tuesday that the deal had now been made permanent.

Greek defender Dellas joins from Perugia, while Bombardini, a 28-year-old midfielder arrives from Palermo, the Serie B club owned by Sensi.

"I have started work in the transfer market with Fabio Capello," Sensi declared on Tuesday. "All the moves have been made in consultation with my coach.

"We have already bought four players and I will meet with [Internazionale president] Massimo Moratti in Milan on Wednesday to enquire about Adriano."

The Brazilian striker has just returned to Inter from his loan spell at Fiorentina after impressing in his first Serie A season.

Sensi refused to name the fourth player he has signed, believed to be either experienced midfielder Angelo Di Livio, who will leave relegated Fiorentina in June when his contract expires, or Atalanta midfielder Cristiano Doni.

"I can't say anything," Sensi said. "I am just trying to make my manager happy."

Doni added: "I would be delighted to go to Roma. They are one of the best teams in Italy. But the clubs and managers will decide, I can only wait."

Roma finished second in Serie A behind champions Juventus after beating Torino on Sunday.

·
Registered
225 Posts
As reported by calciomercato.com, Christiano Doni is a few days away from signing for Roma. The deal will be:

14 million Euros + Full sale of Jonathan Zebina to Atalanta

For a total of approximately 20 million Euros.

Will Zebina agree to go to Atalanta? We'll see.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
No please Adriano, no, can't we find a better striker?, what's Sensi's obsession with Brazilians?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SZeppelin75 said:
No please Adriano, no, can't we find a better striker?, what's Sensi's obsession with Brazilians?
You ar etotally wrong there buddy.....u r just wrong...if u watching toulon tournament.......under 21...watch brazils...play.....adriano is like TOTTI for us....i think he is the next Ronaldo or maybe would be better!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cafu hands Roma contract ultimatum

Sunday 12th May 2002

Brazil defender Cafu has threatened to leave Roma if the club do not extend his contract before the World Cup.

Cafu, whose current deal expires in June 2003, has asked for a new deal at the club but is yet to receive a response from president Franco Sensi.

It had been reported that 31-year-old Cafu agreed a two-year deal last December - but the Brazilian never put pen to paper and is now concerned about his future.

"I can't deny that I want some news about my future before the World Cup starts. I have waited, but I have not received any answers.

"I don't want to play a season without knowing what I will do after that. I don't want to repeat whay my team-mate Aldair went through this season. I want to end my career at Roma.

"I believe we will come to an agreement, but if I don't receive an answer before World Cup, I would consider myself free to talk with other clubs. I have received offers but I'm tired of turning them all down.

"I may have a gentleman's agreement with Sensi but I'm still waiting for an answer, and there's not much more time."

Roma had targeted Bayern Munich's Hasan Salihamidzic to replace former Brazil captain Cafu next season.

Earlier this season, Cafu said he was considering leaving Roma. "In the past few weeks I've had various offers from Italian and foreign clubs," he said. "One of those clubs is Chelsea."

The 1994 World Cup winner, who earns £1.2 million a year, joined Roma for £3.5 million from Brazilian side Palmeiras in 1997 after a spell with Real Zaragoza in Spain.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Rangers ace Lovenkrands attracts Roma interest

AS Roma boss Fabio Capello is considering a move for Rangers winger Peter Lovenkrands.
Italian reports are suggesting Capello wants the Danish international and is prepared to offer the Scottish Cup winners £6 million for the former AB Aalborg youngster.

Lovenkrands, who is on his way to the World Cup, is also interesting Inter Milan.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Roma In For Ajax Ace

ITALIAN giants Roma have reportedly launched a bid for Ajax's Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The 20-year-old marksman is also being tracked by Atletico Madrid and a string of other Serie A outfits. Dutch champions Ajax are being tipped to cash in on the Swedish international over the summer after he failed to set the Amsterdam ArenA alight. Ibrahimovic admits he is aware of interest from other clubs with Ajax happy to offload him providing they reap a profit on their initial outlay. "I know there are clubs interested, among others from Italy and Spain," Ibrahimovic told Expressen. "I don't know, I just know that I am happy and have got four years left on my five years contract. "Both Spain and Italy are tempting. I want to join a club where I get to play all 90 minutes and feel that I am important." Ajax coach Ronald Koeman is believed to be looking for a target man to spearhead the club's attack as he wants to play with wingers. Ibrahimovic acknowledges that style of play does not suit his own game, although he claims he has received reassurances from Koeman. He added: "We have talked some. He has told me that he is pleased with my qualities as a player and that I am of a higher class than my competitors in attack Mido and Machlas. "But at the same time, he actually imagines a number nine for Ajax as a more prolific target player. "I might not really fit into his playing system."

·
Registered
99 Posts
superpower said:
Roma should buy Luca Toni instead of Adriano. If Capello wants a tall striker that is lethal in the area, Toni is a good choice.
Toni sucks Adriano is 10 times better than Toni.Why cant roma worldclass players insead of Polga ,Bombardini,Lovenkrands.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Why cant roma worldclass players insead of Polga ,Bombardini,Lovenkrands.

Because Football is also economy !!! Take a good look at clubs like Fio , Lazio and you have your answer right there.

In my humble opinion you BUILD great teams , you don't buy them ! Look at Samuel , he IS worldclass , but we spotted that before everyone else , THATS clever !! Any jackass can offload money after huge names , thats easy .......but buying players that fit into Roma of now and Roma of the future is the key to MANY years of GREATNESS.

THE EMPIRE SHALL RISE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!1

Forza Roma sempre

PLZ trust Capello's master plan , we went from 6th to 1st to 2nd (with only 1 point diff.) , results are comming our way and I love it !!!! So plz lets do it the Roma way , NOT the REAL way :p

·
Registered
152 Posts
Zago Ever Closer To Roma Exit

05/13/2002. Antonio Carlos Zago looks to be on his way out of Roma after failing to cover any further ground in his contract negotiations.

"The situation is still the same it was before I left for Brazil. Nobody has called me, so now I feel like a free player," he said.

Milan and Inter are said to be monitoring the situation closely.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts