Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Romário could well turn out in a PSV shirt for one last match for his former club on August 7th as part of the festivities surrounding the reopening of the Philips Stadium in Eindhoven.

Romário scored a deluge of goals for PSV between 1988 and 1993. PSV also hope to persuade Inter Milan to be their opponents which would mean that Ronaldo who played for PSV between 1994 and 1996, will also be playing in the friendly.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah, this is probably more than a rumour, because he confirmed that he'll be playing one more game for PSV when he was here a while ago to pay some tax from his PSV period.
I am definetly going to watch him, if he's here again...
Should be nice to see him contra Ronaldo!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I hope to see Romàrio and Ronaldo togheter against Cataluña.

·
Registered
407 Posts
No, I am not from Eindhoven ;)
I live in Amsterdam though...but Eindhoven is only 3 hours away or something, so the game won't be a problem to attend...

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Rafael> You`re avatar is proberly the best one I`ve seen during all my years here on xtratime. Keep up the good work!:)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
tommorow i'll join the club and change my Avatar for a Romario one!;)

Rafael,
who do oyu support in holland?? Ajax, Feyenord or PSV?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
He`s an Ajax-lad if I`m not misstaking.;)

Ze> Good choise!:) Never been a big Corinthias fan...:D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I'd gladly take a Romario avatar and wear it for a few days, but since Ronaldinho is my fave I'd have to put him back in a few days. ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hahaha, are we all going to put on Romário avatar till the day the World Cup squad is decided? Just to show our desire for him to play in the Cup ;)

Zé, hmm...I don't really support a team in Holland...since I live in Amsterdam it's easy to visit Ajax games...
but because of the brazilian influences at PSV, I used to follow them as well...I never saw Romário play live unfortunately, but Ronaldo and Vampeta weren't bad either to see...

but the best moment for me was 9 october 99 (yes, I won't forget the date) where I met the Brazil squad in their hotel in Amsterdam! :cool:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I'm pretty sure PSV is indeed the most Brazillian team of Holland, they have had plenty of Samba flavor! :party:

Whoa, Rafael you are a lucky bastard, what players did you meet from the squad? ;)

*I hope it's Ronaldinho Gaucho!*

·
Registered
407 Posts
At the moment PSV is not the most Brazilian team...because there is no Brazilian player in the first squad this year...
Things will change for next year, when Marquinho (great, great player...tremendous skill) and Leandro Bonfim (who is bought from the famous youth education of Vitoría) will feature in the first team of PSV...

I think at the moment Ajax plays with 2 brazilians, Wamberto and Maxwell (youth product of Cruzeiro)...who both are exellent, especially Maxwell reminds me a lot of Leonardo

and Feyenoord plays with 2 Leonardo's....one of them played at Flamengo with Romário and Bebeto and plays on the right wing, the other is in Netherlands since he was 15, so he never played in Brazil...

Which players I met? Well, yeah Patrick...Ronaldinho was there too...Roberto Carlos was also a very nice guy, Cafú was there...
Élber, Ronaldo and Rivaldo and Luxemburgo I also met...

and the rest of the team I saw when they went to their bus who brought them to the stadium...it was a really nice experience...

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To check back all kinds of European squads, there is always the rather great EUFO site helping out.

:)

CESF

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Rafael, e a very lucky man.. describe how Ronaldinho looks in person? :tongue::D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Patrick,
There is no description fo Ronaldinho....only that he is sooooooo UGLY:D

Rafael,
Did you meet Pele that day? He was in the hotel aswell with the team!;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Pelé was also in the hotel??? Damn! :confused:
I didn't see him in the hotel, maybe he left already when I was there...because he was interviewed by TV in a preview before the match...

I did see him the stadium though, he was there with Johan Cruijff and if I am right, that day it was brought out the best players of the century of Europe...and both van Basten and Cruijff were in the top 10, so Pelé also came on the pitch to hand them over the trophy that's included with the placing in the top 10.

About Ronaldinho, he looked tensioned...he was the only one who seemed to think about something, not sure if it was the game though...and yeah, also Luxemburgo was tensioned...it was kinda weird to see him in casual clothes instead of his suits...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Robban said:
Rafael> You`re avatar is proberly the best one I`ve seen during all my years here on xtratime. Keep up the good work!:)
Thanks man, I appreciate it :) :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts