Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
The way Bogi writes it's like he thinks the transfer fee goes to the player.

I've said this a zillion times already. I hope this time it sinks in. There is no such thing as player value. It's contract value. Nationalality means nothing. The country of the club... Yes
.it matters.

Buying Modric from Croatia isn't the same as buying him from Spurs. At Spurs he had a solid contract and Sours don't need to sell.

The most important thing here is what club Roland is at and the strength of the contract. Pointless saying he'll be worth x million if he was Croatian.

Anyway..whatever...Dandy thinks he's Cypriot.
We know it's the contract, the length etc. But no way does nationality mean nothing. So two equal players with the same contract but different nationalities (say Hungarian vs Croatian or Spanish or Portuguese) will go for the same amount? Not a chance in hell:rolleyes: Not saying it's wrong, it's totally understandable. We've done this to ourselves.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
We know it's the contract, the length etc. But no way does nationality mean nothing. So two equal players with the same contract but different nationalities (say Hungarian vs Croatian or Spanish or Portuguese) will go for the same amount? Not a chance in hell:rolleyes: Not saying it's wrong, it's totally understandable. We've done this to ourselves.
I take your Croatian and raise you a 30 million Ukrainian. Shevchenko's move to Chelsea would have been the same price if he was Italian, Spanish, English etc. Barfa got Stoichkov cheap. He wouldn't have been cheap if Man Utd wanted him. He's no longer seen as a Bulgarian player, but the best player of Barfa.

Take Pogba at Juventus, he was sold for 90 million. As he was a key player at a strong club. If it was at Metz with similar stats? Neymar to PSG.... You think they paid 200 million because he's Braxilia. No way Pedroz. It was his mega deal contract that had to be bought.

Juji went away from PSV costing more than Van Nistelrooj, Robbon and Zenden.

If a Hungarian plays in a strong club and plays great. They will get the big bucks for him. Fulham gave Gera 10 times his current WBA waged. He was a proven WBA player.

Now take Buzsáky, he would've cost 5 million to QPR if he had a strong contract
But there was only a short period left. Soo QPR paid 500k. QPR paid the contract value, which was nothing.

May I also mention Mo Salah and what his value is right now. 1 year into contract at Liverpool. It would cost 150 million plus to get the Egyptian.

Once a player is bossing it in a top league his nationality is irrelevant. I'll name some.. Weah, Mutu, Chivu, Yorke (came to Villa for peanuts from Trinadad and was sold for 20million in 1998), Mijatovic, plus loads of Africans. A-Z is Swedish. How much did the Swedish player cost to buy from Inter to Barfa???

You are just wrong. Tell me a top player who was on top of his game that moved cheap just because of his nationality?

You can buy cheap players of a certain nationality from one of them nations. That's why Gera cost 1.5 mill and not 7-8 mill if he was in EPL. Fradi don't have the funds to buy players for even 1-2 mill. They have to take the low fee.

Now I will agree with Bagi. The very top players can still have clubs pay top dollar for them. The obvious example is Sanchez! Man United handed over a 25-30 player to get Sanchez with 6 months left on his contract.

The world had changed regarding transfers. 90s with Bosman and the world becoming smaller and the change of work permits.

Thank you, and goodnight.

Remember, find a player who bossed it in a top league (top club in that league) and was in top form. But he was ridiculously cheap (based on nationality).

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
Very top players? Who said anything about those? We have none. You say once a player is bossing it in a top league his nationality is irrelevant, but we don't do that do we? Even our best players don't do that. Sallai played in a top league and didn't. Ok he was young, he still might. Shevchenko's move to Chelsea wasn't from the level of Cyprus:facepalm: He was a far more proven player than Sallai is now. They are not equal players. That's what I said.

Look at the level players and nationalities you're talking about. Brazilian, French, Chilean etc...different universe. Even Ukrainian is higher than Hungarian:D

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Áron, read more carefully. I never said name a Hungarian player. I said name any player who bossed it in a top league but had a smaller transfer fee based on his nationality.

I gave several examples of players coming from countries that are practically free. Once they're established they are treated the same as everyone else.

Dwight Yorke is from Trinidad and Tabago. When he move from Villa to United he cost a fortune. Harry Kewell was cheap from Australia to dirty Leeds. But cost Liverpool 5 million.

Mo Salah will not transfer for 30 million tomorrow because he's Egyption. It would be well over 100million because he scores 34 eepl goals.

The evidence is already out there Juji went for more than established Dutch internationals.

I really just want some examples to back up the theory that transfer values change depending on nationality.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The way Bogi writes it's like he thinks the transfer fee goes to the player.

I've said this a zillion times already. I hope this time it sinks in. There is no such thing as player value. It's contract value. Nationalality means nothing. The country of the club... Yes
.it matters.

Buying Modric from Croatia isn't the same as buying him from Spurs. At Spurs he had a solid contract and Sours don't need to sell.

The most important thing here is what club Roland is at and the strength of the contract. Pointless saying he'll be worth x million if he was Croatian.

Anyway..whatever...Dandy thinks he's Cypriot.
Come again for big Fudge?

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
Áron, read more carefully. I never said name a Hungarian player. I said name any player who bossed it in a top league but had a smaller transfer fee based on his nationality.

I gave several examples of players coming from countries that are practically free. Once they're established they are treated the same as everyone else.

Dwight Yorke is from Trinidad and Tabago. When he move from Villa to United he cost a fortune. Harry Kewell was cheap from Australia to dirty Leeds. But cost Liverpool 5 million.

Mo Salah will not transfer for 30 million tomorrow because he's Egyption. It would be well over 100million because he scores 34 eepl goals.

The evidence is already out there Juji went for more than established Dutch internationals.

I really just want some examples to back up the theory that transfer values change depending on nationality.
And I never said an established player doesn't get paid his worth. I would suggest following your own advice. We're talking about different things..opposites in fact. You're talking about proven players, while I"m talking about unproven ones. Hungarian players are basically all unproven these days as we know. If Sallai or Szoboszlai go to a top league and show they can cut it then that's a different story entirely. The best thing we can say about Sallai's loan to Serie A is he was less useless than Balogh Norbi:D

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
1 goal in 18 games is hardly proving yourself. Just that one goal is more than Balogh has managed.

We made a big deal about Koman because of his U-NT performances and great link up play with Németh. Although I think we've learned our lesson since then:)

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
7 uh hikum.

I just watching Fulham and everyone saying Sallai will get into this team is nuts Ryan Sessegnon playing winger. His worth 60-80 million. The other winger Schurrle the world cup winner.

Sessegnon was wanted by United. Hes a top player.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Freiburg bid 4.5, apparently they'll accept it.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
vud be gud csoisz, cant wait the Freiburg vs Hoffenheim game when they slaughter both names :D
Unfortunately he arrived too late to join for the weekend game. But anyway, great move! Apparently Freiburg were relieved to have signed him, they needed a striker badly.

I'm thinking he could be a regular starter at Freiburg, no exceptional competition at the club. Plus the coach is not as much a sucker as Stibi had at Hamburg.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
He can start on Tuesday, nothing serious. keep it up!! The savior of Fháibuhhhg :proud:

61 - 80 of 97 Posts