Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
rogerio ceni horrible goalkeeper

famous only bcoz can take free kicks.

lost 30% of the penalties kicks he took.

if sao paulo had any other penalty kick taker

they would have scored 10% more goals from penalties
They had, but he was the captain and nobody, including coaches, did not want to interfere.

BTW, he did scored 70% of the penalties, as SP get a lot of them from the juizes, he was useful

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Instead of using foul languagu, you couod tell the EXTRATIME MEMBERS HOW MANY PENALTIES There were . Just a number, if it is not too difficult for you

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Rogerio Ceni is a pretty good keeper, made considerably better not only by his undeniable freekicking ability but also by his ball skills - Rogerio is confortable enough playing with his feet that his team's defensive line can afford to push forward more than it normally would, as Rogerio can function as a last man in defense when the team moves upfield (the centrebacks know they can pass the ball back to Rogerio and it won't be a problem, as he can control it and pass it along as comfortably as a regular defender). This tactical element of Ceni's game is severely underrated by observers who look at him and only see the freekicks.

In my opinion Rogerio's biggest flaw isn't even his keeping skills, which to be honest were never as dependable as Marcos' for example, but Rogerio's ego: When a mistake is made it's never Rogerio's fault, even if it clearly is. His status as an untouchable "bandiera" for São Paulo exacerbates that, as I get the impression that few people at the club dare point their finger at him even when he deserves it. But saying that he's a BAD player is just flat-out laughable.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
He committed some bad errors x Barcelona for Brazil in 1999 and never took the blame. Luxemburgo did not pick him much or at all after that! I think this was the only time Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Romario played for Brazil together.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
rogerio ceni horrible goalkeeper

famous only bcoz can take free kicks.

lost 30% of the penalties kicks he took.

if sao paulo had any other penalty kick taker

they would have scored 10% more goals from penalties
You're learning well.

Rogério Semen - free kicks = Honduras.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Rogerio Ceni is a pretty good keeper, made considerably better not only by his undeniable freekicking ability but also by his ball skills - Rogerio is confortable enough playing with his feet that his team's defensive line can afford to push forward more than it normally would, as Rogerio can function as a last man in defense when the team moves upfield (the centrebacks know they can pass the ball back to Rogerio and it won't be a problem, as he can control it and pass it along as comfortably as a regular defender). This tactical element of Ceni's game is severely underrated by observers who look at him and only see the freekicks.

In my opinion Rogerio's biggest flaw isn't even his keeping skills, which to be honest were never as dependable as Marcos' for example, but Rogerio's ego: When a mistake is made it's never Rogerio's fault, even if it clearly is. His status as an untouchable "bandiera" for São Paulo exacerbates that, as I get the impression that few people at the club dare point their finger at him even when he deserves it. But saying that he's a BAD player is just flat-out laughable.

other than being a butterfly hunter (what's the equivalent for "sair mal do gol" in english?) which he's amazingly bad and it showed during the 7-8 years span where SP had bad/small defenders, his biggest flaw is that he believes he's a hockey goalkeeper.

When someone gets in front of him he kneels haha.. Seriously.

[tub]wz7-mMGU95M[/tub]

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
fUglAfFEP9c
:yes:

SdVMLq5snz4

O dia que o timinho tiver um goleiro que faz isso em uma libertadores me avisem!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Sorry for the late quote on this topic especially now that Rogerio is injured, but with all the respect with the ones who criticize hime, Rogerio Ceni os one of the best keepers Brazil ever had.

If people don`t consider knowing how to play with his feet as a quality then go ask at Barcelona or Ajax what do their young keepers learn since little kid. He has natural leadership and gives confidence for his defense and that makes a BIG difference.

He commit mistakes, as any human being and as any great keeper commited in the past, but his contributions are by far more than failures. He won everythiing he had to win in his career. Maybe the peak of his career was between 2005 and 2007 where Sao Paulo won Libertadores and the Club Championship (the game against Liverpool is certainly one of the best of hs career, especially because of the importance). Reached the final of LIbertoadores in 2006 and began the Brasileiro sequence of titles and if I am not mistaken he stayed 12 games without conceding and that year is still the best year of a Brazlian defense in the Campeonato Brasileiro history.

Like one of the mates said previously, his biggest problem is his ego. And sometimes this could harm the team, but certainly now with the turbulent moment the team face (eliminated by Santos in the Estadual and lost the first leg to Ponte Preta in Copa do Brasil) certainly his presence in the field is felt.

Do you guys think Denis has the potential to be a good substitute?

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Rogerio Ceni os one of the best keepers Brazil ever had.

lol you don't anything about brazilian football.

sorry for being harsh.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
lol you don't anything about brazilian football.

sorry for being harsh.
Really? I wouldn`t be so sure about that and the fact you have Andres Sanchez as your picture shows you have a biased opinion (as a Corinthians fan you are) and by the polemical declaration he has always given towards Sao Paulo and all the fuss regarding MSI in the time of Kia Joorabchian.

BTW, speaking about keepers, it was on Corinthians that he scored his 100th goal and your keeper Julio Cesar failed against Ponte Preta at was sacked of the team.

Sorry for being so harsh, but next time be more receptive to guests, it is better to construct a good image of the forum and of course your person as well.

About Rogerio Ceni, maybe I have exaggerated indeed, but from his generation he certainly was. Besides one of the very few to play a full career at his team.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
About Rogerio Ceni, maybe I have exaggerated indeed
see? if you had this google research before you wouldn't look as clueless as you did.

so yeh, now you know a bit about brazilian football, before the google research you were clueless.

sorry for being harsh again

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
see? if you had this google research before you wouldn't look as clueless as you did.

so yeh, now you know a bit about brazilian football, before the google research you were clueless.

sorry for being harsh again
Just wanted to discuss the issue and not with you. It was only an opinion and nothing against you (as it seemed you took it personally for what I said).

It wasn`t google research, but anyways nevermind I am not here to prove anything, just wanted to have a conversation about a Brazilian football theme.

BTW, good victory for you guys against Emelec yesterday now with Vasco will be tougher. They have talented and experienced players in midfield that could make the difference, but as a whole corinthians has a better team.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
i take nothing personally on xtra.com.

I'm just setting it straight.

·
oic
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Just wanted to discuss the issue and not with you. It was only an opinion and nothing against you (as it seemed you took it personally for what I said).

It wasn`t google research, but anyways nevermind I am not here to prove anything, just wanted to have a conversation about a Brazilian football theme.

BTW, good victory for you guys against Emelec yesterday now with Vasco will be tougher. They have talented and experienced players in midfield that could make the difference, but as a whole corinthians has a better team.
dear berko

we are corinthians fan.

but we are not biased.

the SPFC are biased.

rogerio ceni is not a bad goalkeeper. he is a decent goalkeeper for the brazilian league.

but he was never in the shadows of dida or marcos.

he became famous bcoz SPFC was a good team and he took free kicks.

the brazilian journalist paulo vinicius coelho once said

he lost about almost 30% ofthe penalties he took

it was, back then, couple of years ago, something like: 40 penalties, 28 goals only.

while any decent penalty kick taker must score at least 85% of the attempts.

he is a shit penalty kick taker.
but a great free kick taker.

one of he best.

only worse than the likes of juninho and marcos assuncao.

but as a goalkeeper,

in the ROLE OF SAVING GOALS,

we have have many like him.

he would be an ordinary goalkeeper if he had quit SPFC.

the thing is the marketing

SPFC makes marketing.

SPFC had a much better goalkeeper in the 90's: ZETTI.

zetti was infinitelly better than ceni.
ask anyone above 25 years old

i have PITY of the young SPFC fans that dont know zetti and have ceni as an idol.

you are completely wrong about saying he is one of the best goalkeeper brazil ever had.

its a joke.

he is not even a top 15.

rogerio ceni is more famous for:

1) good free kicks (he is(more likely was) indeed a great free kick taker)

2) good speech(HE TALKS TO MUCH and with some sort of arrogance)

3) leadership amongst the players

4) political influences (he dreams of being SPFC president. he says it openly the last 5 years)

5) good ability with the ball to give the first passes. (something goalkeeper libero)

but, i dont like any of those things.
i just want a goalkpeer to save.
thats why i love dida.

he was always mute.
almost never gave 1 interview.
could not play with the feet.

but he was TERRIFIC goalkeeper.

a true wall.

started shinning here in 1993 for Vitoria da bahia, made them finalist of the brazilian national tournament as one of the key players.

won everything at least twice with corinthians and cruzeiro until 2000

went to AC Milan and won a UCL alone, saving 3 juventus penalties.

almost no mistakes in decisive games. and he played MANY
MANY MANY MANY finals, semi finals

and very few mistakes

he started being bad at age of 32/33 for AC Milan in shit serie A games, irrelevants

but in 2006, for exemple. he was great for brazil. saved a goal against gana when it was only 1x0.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts