Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you might have noticed, he won Tunisia their first African Cup title. In 98, he was assistant of Jacquet, in 2000, he won the Euro and now he wins the African Cup for Tunisia.

Now, is he that good or is it a matter of being at the right place at the right time? His only "failaure" was WC2002...:groan:

So what are your views of him?

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
like him alot, he wasn´t to blame that much in the last WC, all our players had been playing very much in thier teams...Pirès broke down injured and Zidane also was to exhausted and went down 3 days before the tournament...

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Even with an Euro and CAN title, he still made too many mistakes during his France coaching time to make up my mind:
- Not to bring Carrière to Korea
- To replace Zidane post by post instead of using two offensive mids.
- To make late replacements such as putting Dugarry on the field at the 94th mn (how usefull is that?)
- Lack of communication (concerning the players)
- To play Korea just before the WC for money (OK, it is more FFF related...)
- Didn't have the courage to put some youth in the team.

I really prefer Santini.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I hate Santini...

1.Micoud is the best player in the whole Bundesliga! his selfconfidence is skyhigh and all the people in Germany says he is the best player at the moment...His team is top of the table with like 10 more points then the 2nd. This is 1 !!! (one) of all the players he has fallen out with... mon copain Hypno..

2. Steve Marlet
:yuck: (need I say more?)

3. Ousmane Dabo? he isn´t Ligue 2 standards.... Pick players like Malbranque now! and yeah Laurent Robert have done far more then Olivier Kapo.....but Kapo is OK but he seem to choose the players of what he think about them personally...

4. Do you have to play for Man U or AC Milan to get picked?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Pierre-Alain Frau have scored alot of goals this season still Steve Marlet gets picked.....why is Desailly still here?? he is a hero, but a retired one....

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to see more of Stephane Dalmat and Seba Frey in the team!

Guillaume said it all about what I think of Lemerre. WIth the team he had at the Euro, even I could have won it...:groan:

Maybe because he was before a military man, that's why he was so unflexible and so cold and so reserved when it came to dialogue with both players and media. Do you remember his interviews? You had to be a psychologue to understand the message he was trying to get accross...:groan:

Merci pour tout Mr. Lemerre, mais chacun son tour!;)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
55,903 Posts
j'ai vu le zapping.
il semble vraiment pertubé.
faut pas oublier que c'est un militaire, pas le genre à macher ses mots.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well I saw Roger Lemerre's name in here, but overall I would really like a translation on this article if someone could help me I'd be really thankful.

Du côté du centre de formation...........
- Omer Peretz (16 ans), jeune pensionnaire du centre de formation avait les honneurs des DNA du Lundi 18/11. Ce jeune attaquant n'était pas encore né lorsque son père, Vicky, empilait les buts sous les couleurs du Racing au début des années 80 (29 buts en 81 rencontres entre 1980 et 1982). Omer est ambitieux et espère marcher sur les traces de son père "Mon père a joué au Racing à 27 ans, moi j'espère porter le maillot de l'équipe pro plus tôt". Pourtant il se contente pour l'instant des entraînements et de quelques matchs du challenge ETT, n'ayant pas encore l'autorisation administrative d'évoluer en championnat. C'est Roger Lemerre (entraîneur du Racing lors de la saison 81/82) qui a proposé le centre de formation alsacien (ainsi que celui de Lens) au paternel à la recherche d'un club pour son rejeton. Strasbourg s'est imposé comme une évidence, il y a donc débarqué le 15/08 dernier. "Dès que mon essai a commencé ici, j'ai senti que mon père voulait vraiment que je réussisse et que je reste", sa mère confirme le crédit que la famille Peretz accorde au Racing en ajoutant "Ce serait tellement beau de voir mon fils jouer à la Meinau tout ce temps après son père". Une aubaine pour le Racing qui compte désormais dans ses rangs le meilleur buteur toutes catégories de jeunes confondues d'Israël et le leader de la sélection des -16 ans.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i tried to do it, maybe all is not accurate but you may have a good idea...

about the youth centre...........
- Omer Peretz (16 years), young player of the youth centre had the honors of DNA of Monday 18/11. This young attacker had not been born yet when his father, Vicky, scored loads of goals under the shirt of Racing at the beginning of the Eighties (29 goals in 81 matches between 1980 and 1982). Omer is ambitious and hopes to do as well as his father "My father played Racing at 27 years, me I hope to wear the shirt of the pro team earlier". However he is satisfied at the moment with training and some matches for ETT challenge, not having yet the administrative authorisation to play in the championship. It is Roger Lemerre (coach of Racing during the season 81/82) who proposed the racing youth center (like the one of Lens) to the father looking for a club for his kid. Strasbourg came up as an obviousness, and he arrived on august,15th. "As soon as my test started here, I felt that my father really wanted that I succeed and that I stay here", his mother confirms that feeling by adding "It would be so great to see my son playing at la Meinau all this time after his father". An aubaine for the Racing which counts from now on in its rows the best striker of all youth categories in Israel and the leader of the U-16 team.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts