Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small report to this young Chilean here...

I have watched and i liked him with the Chilean NT but especially with his club.He plays for Argentinian Quilmes and his position is defensive midefielder.Melendez surprised me with his super performance in Rosario Central-Quilmes game where he was exrtemely solid in defense (saved 2 goals between the others).He is a very strong player,not easy to pass from.I don't know if this is his role in Quilmes,but his only disadvantage is that he contributes in defense and you can rarely find him in the oposition's area.Although,he had scored a goal in Montevideo's Uruguay-Chile 2-1.

If he continues with this hard-working style i see him (why not?) in a european club,not big though.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,446 Posts
FYI He's back in Chile...Playing well for my name sake....He did quite well in Argentina...No teams from Europe came looking though.. :cap:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
colocolo said:
FYI He's back in Chile...Playing well for my name sake....He did quite well in Argentina...No teams from Europe came looking though.. :cap:
Who needs european teams???:howler: :howler:
He is playing in the eternal champion ... and he was one of the important players for Colo Colo.
Grande Kalule :D

·
94,446 Posts
Im the first one to say out players DONT need Europe....The money might not be bad....but all the consequences ??? Mmmmm not worth it !!!! :cap:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
colocolo said:
Im the first one to say out players DONT need Europe....The money might not be bad....but all the consequences ??? Mmmmm not worth it !!!! :cap:
The chilean player go to Europe just because of the money ... Kalule has been so important for the team this Apertura and his contract is for all year and then he must go back to Argentina, but if his behaviour in the Clausura and Sudamericana is like in the Apertura, i think should stay in Colo Colo.
There was a Colo Colo before and after Kalule .... he wasnt in the 2 first games :rollani:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
equivalent of £90 a week

·
94,446 Posts
Vaughany said:
equivalent of £90 a week

We maybe THIRD World Nation....but that being the case..TOP of the List Third World...and probably MUCH better than many bottom of the Line Second World Nations !!!

:dielaugh::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Purger said:
That is a solid wage:eek:,and the players leave you?:eek:
In Europe they win much more, even in Mexico 3 or 4 times what they could win in Chile.
Beside that ... Chile is so far so is not a good screen to show them like Europe and our football is not good.

·
94,446 Posts
Yes...but everyone is happy...Why ??? 'cause its not just a footballers exit.....Its all the qualified professionals that leave the country daily !!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
colocolo said:
Yes...but everyone is happy...Why ??? 'cause its not just a footballers exit.....Its all the qualified professionals that leave the country daily !!!!!! :eek:
Ur right ... but we have a Finances Minister back for 4 years ... Harvard was agree and gave him a permision to be in Chile since he is minister.:D
And abt footballers ... look Brazil NT... how many of them play in brazilian teams??? .... and Argentina ... we have more players that are in Chile .... but maybe thats the reason why we are not in the WC :howler: :howler:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Melendez is still owned by Estudiantes LP. He is in Colo Colo on loan untill the end of the year.

Not long ago 'Kalule' was keen to Bosta Jrs. but he did not join them because one of Macri's croanies refused to sign a Chilean, arguing that no Chilean had ever triumphed in Argentina. They also passed up on Salas in '96 giving the same excuse. We all know how that story unfolded. Bwahahaha! :howler:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Loco said:
If I'm not mistaken Melendez is still owned by Estudiantes LP. He is in Colo Colo on loan untill the end of the year.

Not long ago 'Kalule' was keen to Bosta Jrs. but he did not join them because one of Macri's croanies refused to sign a Chilean, arguing that no Chilean had ever triumphed in Argentina. They also passed up on Salas in '96 giving the same excuse. We all know how that story unfolded. Bwahahaha! :howler:
Yes, Kalule is still owned by Estudiantes ... he has been so important for us.:thumbsup:

Macri :yuck: doesnt know who are the real masters :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
94,446 Posts

Rodrigo David Meléndez Araya

Posición: Volante
Nro. Camiseta:
Pierna preferida: (La vecina de al lado :howler: )
Fecha de Nacimiento: 03 de octubre de 1977
Lugar de Nacimiento:Santiago,
Estatura: 1,66 m
Peso: 78 kilos
Club:LocoLoco :dielaugh:
Apodo:"Kalule"
Debut por “La Roja”: 01 de julio de 2001 contra Los Brazuqueños
Goles por la Selección: 1

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
colocolo said:
Kalule doinn Xcellent job with The Eterno...may I add :D
Sure and he almost went, in fact he wanted to go to Arsenal of Argentina but B&N didnt accept ... he wasnt to happy but he said ... im a professional so i will do my best in Colo Colo ... and he is doing :D
Grande Kalule!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts