Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, ladies and gents it's really starting now. No excuses to be mad now that we're longing for the winterbreak or that's it's only a friendly. Nope, it's crunch time again and in order to keep the advantage on PSV, but most of all win back some confidence it will would be a very fine if we would win this one. Otherwise it will be even harder for me to continue the tradition of late that I always predict for the boys. Will it do it again this time? You will see at bottom of this preview. Last couple of years it always ended 1-1.

I rather had the first game of the year on a sunday, but this game was still needed to be played and it was best to play it as soon as possible so it's a wednesdayevening game. A night to look forward too if it's Champions League, but that ain't so. Eventhough the trip to Kerkrade may feel like a trip abroad.

Two players of Roda looked set to miss this game, but I'm not so sure now. Sonkaya still hasn't agreed with Gala about a contract, despite the fact that they clubs have done that already. Sergio was dropped to the second team after being too busy with God and other stuff, but I saw on Voetbalplus that it wasn't soo. Ah well, as long as I don't see the 24 hours Church (or something similar) advert under his shirt tomorrow night I don't mind if he plays.

We'll miss Trabelsi and Pienaar who have travelled to the African Nations Cup. Not sure if they would have been fit anyway. Other traveler is Maxwell, he;s still in South-America in order to get Brasil qualified for the Olympics. Zlatan still has troubles with one of his toes. He didn't play anymore during the Portugal trip, so I think he will be at the bench at best. Also Lobont will sit out this week. He got something in his back at one of the last trainingsessions in the sunny Algarve. Good news though is that for his position at the left we'll have O'Brien back. He stayed healthy during the Portugal trip so you should expect him to start tomorrow night. The newbies Vermaelen, De Ridder and De Mul are all expected benchwarmers.

The line-up:

Stekelenburg - De Jong, Heitinga, Escudé, O'Brien - Galasek, Sneijder, Van der Vaart - Sikora, Sonck, Soetaers

The score

Roda JC - Ajax 1-2

Yannis

Sonck
Heitinga

·
Registered
282 Posts
go ahead, copy my prediction i made in the round 17 thread :rolleyes:
but heitinga on the scoresheet? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if koeman had any brains, then this is the way to play -

---------------------------stekelenburg

de jong -------- heitinga -------- van damme --------- o'brien

---- galasek --------------- litmanen -------- van der vaart

----- de ridder ------------- sonck --------------- mitea

escude has been a la catastrophe in the 22 matches he's played so far. he's total rubbish and is anything but chivu's worthy replacement. vdamme has played well in the centre of defence, and he's fit.
litmanen, why is he still in the team? when he's injured he doesn't play, when he's not injured he doesn't play? wtf is koeman planning to do with him? play him for fek sake, sneijder has played ONE good game so far this season - holland vs scotland.
sikora and soetaers? this is enough to tell me that koeman is a useless coach. i mean, de ridder has played de sterren van de hemel in jong ajax, mitea is a huge talent. and he's still gonna play with the two most ueseless wingers in the world??? :rollani:

btw, ajax haven't won at roda since 98, and theyr'e missing some key players. could go either way i'd say.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stupid boy, you forgot that you made that prediction under the nick 'Bazman'. :rollani:

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
chivu said:
Stupid boy, you forgot that you made that prediction under the nick 'Bazman'. :rollani:
:howler: :howler: :howler:

And that PM too denying it. You can run but you can't hide :howler: :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
chivu said:
Bwahaha :howler:

On the game. I have a pretty bad feeling about this one. Our winter campaign was not very good and there are quite some injured players. Everybody knows that it is important that your first game after the winter break is a good one, so I expect Roda to be even more fired up than ever. The stadium will be packed with 20000 people, which is nice. I am not too happy with the 3s attack and then in particular the Soetaers, Sikora part. But I''ll give them the benefit of the doubt to prove I'm wrong.

I expect a draw.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I tend to agree with Prince-O. It hasn't exactly been the best winter-break, but then again maybe the players just needed a break - the poor results in the league before the break perhaps also indecated that.

"Quiting" the CL earlier than expected might also have something to do with the lack of morale in the last matches just before the break.

Let's hope the break, despite the results, will have a positive effect on the players.

I go for a win. :)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
We won :excited: :happy: Sikora scored witha pretty nice shot from outside the box. Tommie's goal was from outside the box aswell, after a deflected corner he took the ball out of the air and over the goalie :)

De Ridder made his debut, he almost scored with his left but the goalie was in his way...

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw the entire match on Canal + and the first half looked like a sequel of our last matches of 2003. Not a moment you got the idea that we could win this match, stand alone score, cause i cant remember a good chance from us in the first half.

Roda could have scored more than just one, but they only finished off the opportunity given by Sonck, who 'kaatste' the ball too hard and in no mans land. Thnx to that the defenders were off guard and so Yannis A. could go on and score the first goal of the game. Besides that bad ball by Sonck, I thought that Stekelenburg could have done more too with that shot. He went down too easy and also in the wrong direction.

I don't know what Koeman said during the cup of tea, but Ajax was a lot better in the second half. Nowhere near yet the level we should get as Ajax, but it was good enough to trouble Roda JC straight. Finally we saw a good attack and after three minutes in the second half rounded off that attack with a great shot via the bar. The first piece of irony was there. One of the most critised players scored the important equalizer. Vloet's boys couldn't control the match anymore as they did in the first, but they still got some more than decent chances to punish some weak defending from our side. Only God didn't want Sergio to score this time when he had a excellent possibility to score. he only wanted to score a beauty instead of a more simple option.

Before the 2-1 from Soetaers, Sonck also had a good chance, but the Belgian who had a lot of trouble playing in the role of sole striker in a 4-3-3 system, so his header hit the bar, but this time it went over and not in like in the case of Sikora earlier in the second. We got a corner then. Kone could clear, but instead he tried to dribble himself out the problems. With a few Ajacieden close to him, that was a bad idea. He lost the ball and Tom decided to hit it blind leaving Kujovic without a chance. While you could have had the impression before that Soetaers still played for Roda JC during this game, he proved his worth this time.

Soon after he got subbed by Nicky. Mitea had a few chances, but most of the time he was pushed to wide to leave him with a good angle for the goal. The other hero of the game was subbed too and in came Daniel. Everyone he had the ball I said': 'Sissors, scissors'. The first few times he didn't react only my coaching skills, but then he finally he made on resulting a good chance, but Kujovic was there to save it. As he also did brilliantly with a nice positioned shot by Sneijder.

We only didn't score so it remained nailbiting until the end. Our defense looks set to fall, but some acrobatics by De Jong prevented the ball not going in.

There's still room for improvement, but these 3 points are well taken. Even in better years, we could hardly win in Kerkrade so this is a nice bonus. :)

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
My prediction was right :) thanks to some zondagschoten from Sikora and Soetaers.
And no, I am not Abominus for the ten millionth time. Check IP if you want :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You think you're smart, by using different IP's now, but you had the same in the past. So.....:tongue:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts