Xtratime Community banner

Rocchi to stay

812 views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  serghe 
#1 ·
Lazio complete Rocchi deal
Wednesday 13 April, 2005
Tommaso Rocchi will still be at Lazio next season after the club completed his transfer from Empoli.

The striker joined the Roman outfit in a co-ownership deal and has impressed since his summer switch.

Rocchi had openly admitted that he wanted a Lazio future and sporting director Gabriele Martino yesterday met with Tuscan officials.

"The two clubs have reached a definite agreement," revealed Empoli sporting director Pino Vitale.

Lazio have yet to comment on the stories but a fee of £2.2m has been agreed for the Serie B side’s share in the Italian.

channel 4
---------------------------

Good news (if confirmed). We need Rocchi, he is our best finisher.

See less See more
#3 ·
Good news. Rocchi has proven to be quite a good forward. Fast, accurate and willing to fight for the team.

#4 ·
It doesn't sound like any final deal has been done with Empoli, yet some very hopeful news from yesterday on Rocchi's future:

Tommaso Rocchi dovrebbe rimanere alla Lazio anxhe la prossima stagione. "A me risulta - ha detto Damiani, procuratore dell'attaccante - che il presidente Lotito ed il presidente dell'Empoli Corsi si siano incontrati ed abbiano raggiunto un accordo di massima per risolvere la comproprieta' in favore della societa' biancoceleste. Sebbene l'accordo sembrerebbe non essere ancora scritto, io credo che la tempestivita' con cui il presidente Lotito ha affrontato la situazione lo metta al riparo da azioni di disturbo di altre squadre interessate al cartellino del forte attaccante. Anzi, a mio avviso sarebbe proprio la Lazio a gestire il cartellino del giocatore, e quindi anche a decidere una sua eventuale cessione" .

Damiani ha poi concluso: "Secondo la mia esperienza, il valore di mercato del cartellino di Rocchi si aggira intorno ai 7/8 milioni di euro."

http://www.goalcity.it/livello2.jsp...d_not=208773&id_not_lingua=195544&controllo=1

Basically says that Lotito and Empoli's president Corsi have reached a principle agreement in order to resolve the joint-ownership of Rocchi in favour of Lazio. Although the agreement would still seem not to be written, Lotito is taking the opportunity to wrap up the deal to head off any other approaches to buy out Rocchi's contract. His agent Damiani figures the fair market value of the contract is around to 7/8 million euro.

#5 ·
Well...maybe the deal has been done ;)

Lazio and Empoli look like they’ve struck a deal over the permanent transfer of Tommaso Rocchi.

The striker joined the capital outfit last summer in a co-ownership deal and he’s destined to remain in Rome.

"It is my understanding that an agreement in favour of the Biancocelesti has been reached," stated his agent Oscar Damiani.

"The deal may not be signed and sealed just yet but I think that Lazio have moved quickly enough to make sure other clubs don’t move in for him."

Rocchi is enjoying a splendid season at the Olimpico and last week scored a hat-trick in the 5-3 loss at Lecce.

#7 ·
Rocchi poised to extend deal Friday 2 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommaso Rocchi is on the verge of signing a contract extension with Serie A club Lazio.

The capital outfit took full ownership of his contract from Empoli this summer and are already set to offer him a longer deal.

Rocchi, who impressed with 13 goals in 35 games last term, is poised to commit himself to the Biancocelesti until 2010.

"There has been a meeting with the President in which we have laid down the foundations for a five-year contract," Oscar Damiani, Rocchi’s agent, stated.

"Tommaso is ready to bet on Lazio and the club are ready to do the same with the player," he continued.

"We know that it is tough for the club to reach certain economical figures, but it is the player’s desire to stay with the team for life.

"We expect him to sign before Lazio travel to Cagliari."

Meanwhile, the Stadio Olimpico boys are set to re-sign veteran goalkeeper Marco Ballotta as their third choice custodian.

Ballotta, who is currently out of contract, spent three seasons with the Biancocelesti between 1997 and 2000.

He is wanted as cover for Angelo Peruzzi and Matteo Sereni, given that Italy U-17 and youth team ‘keeper Santarelli is considered as too inexperienced.

channel4

#8 ·
Lazio deal delights Rocchi Monday 5 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommaso Rocchi has expressed his delight after extending his contract with Lazio until 2009.

"This is exactly what I wanted and what the club wanted," explained the former Empoli striker. "I am personally delighted with the outcome of the negotiations."

Rocchi joined the capital outfit in the summer of 2004 from Empoli in a co-ownership deal.

He settled into his new environment well and completed his transfer this summer, following 13 goals in 35 games last term.

"I am honoured that Lazio have decided to put their faith in me," continued the Italian.

"When you sign a contract for such a long period of time, it is because you agree with the project the club has in mind."

channel4

#9 ·
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may8a.html

Rocchi: Lazio for life Tuesday 8 May, 2007

Tommaso Rocchi has maintained that he wants to end his career at Lazio despite the interest in his services.

The striker has been paired with numerous clubs after his 15 goals so far this term, but he insists that he’s prepared to stay beyond his current deal which expires in June 2009.

“I want to stay here, Lazio want me to stay, so I think I will be wearing this jersey next year as well,” noted the former Empoli player.

“I have always said that I want to end my career here and there are the conditions needed for this to happen,” added the man linked with Juventus.

“I have already declared that I will speak with the club at the end of the campaign about my future, but I don’t think there will be any problems.”

Lazio chief Claudio Lotito has also recently rubbished the speculation over Rocchi’s career by labelling him as untransferable.

The capital club have had a fantastic season and now just need one point to ensure they qualify for the Champions League.

“We are near to achieving a great result, especially if you consider the difficulties we had to face because of Calciopoli,” Rocchi added.

“We are very close and we hope to reach our goal as early as Sunday.”

The Stadio Olimpico boys will travel to Milan this weekend when they will take on recently crowned Italian champions Inter.

#11 ·
Words are cheap, I will believe him when he signs a new contract.

#12 ·
I hope Rocchi stays. He is a very important member of our squad not to mention our current leadng scorer.

#14 ·
Kafka said:
I'm sure all Lazio fans hope that. But there are just too many cases of top Lazio players leaving...Stankovic and Liverani were supposed to have already signed extensions...
Well it has to stop sooner or later. Rocchi has a contract till 2009 so he will be here for next season unless Lotito transfers him. I don't think Lotito would do that unless it was really major offer.

#15 ·
If you look at the current standings as an indication of how the football landscape is divided in the Serie A, there aren't that many clubs in Italy where Rocchi could go that would be an improvement for him. I mean that from a sportive perspective, not a financial one.

At Lazio he's assured of a place in the starting 11, and is one of the stars of the team. If he were to go to a club like Juventus, I would imagine he'd be spending quite some time on the bench as he's not really the sort of striker that would get a firm place in their starting line up. Not with their buying power.

Probably he would be better off financially, as Lotito has a salary cap in place, but it's not like his salary at Lazio is anything to sneeze at either. 500,000 Euro a year, I recall it was. The average Joe has to work ten years to earn that much.

I would expect Rocchi realizes that as well. Lazio is steadily improving and will have a lot of ambitions next season, the CL for one, and I'm sure he will want to be a part of that.

#16 ·
Boyo said:
If you look at the current standings as an indication of how the football landscape is divided in the Serie A, there aren't that many clubs in Italy where Rocchi could go that would be an improvement for him. I mean that from a sportive perspective, not a financial one.

At Lazio he's assured of a place in the starting 11, and is one of the stars of the team. If he were to go to a club like Juventus, I would imagine he'd be spending quite some time on the bench as he's not really the sort of striker that would get a firm place in their starting line up. Not with their buying power.

Probably he would be better off financially, as Lotito has a salary cap in place, but it's not like his salary at Lazio is anything to sneeze at either. 500,000 Euro a year, I recall it was. The average Joe has to work ten years to earn that much.

I would expect Rocchi realizes that as well. Lazio is steadily improving and will have a lot of ambitions next season, the CL for one, and I'm sure he will want to be a part of that.
I read on Channel.com it was £510000 a year?

Also a matter of principal. He can not stay here and work when he knows he can get more somewhere else.

#17 ·
I also remember Rocchi's salary being about 750 000e. For a footballer nearing the end of his career, I certainly can understand the lure of bigger salary. Most of us would jump at the chance to double our salary, and we have 40-year careers. Loyalty out the window and we don't give it a second thought. Well just about all footballers are the same. Rocchi has probably five years left in his career, getting double the money would be a huge deal for him. We have to remember that, although definitely wealthy, this is a player who has never had a really big contract.

I still think Lotito should not be too strict with the salary cap. With Jimenez transfer money, for example, we would pay a lot of salaries. This is the same money. How is getting a new player worth more than keeping an old one?

#18 ·
Exactly, I am sure it was higher then €500000.

Also the next contract will probably be the last major contract for Rocchi so he has to make it count. Besides everyone is expendable. It would be nice to keep Rocchi but if we can not for whatever reason it would not be the end of the world.

#19 ·
Yes, that's what it was. I looked up the article, and it was British pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.