Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This article was published in O Globo in Renato Mauricio Prado's column... and I think it's interesting enough to be posted here, so here it goes. ;)

======================

A Real Strikeforce

What an irony: Robinho and Ronaldo may end up playing together, fielded not by Carlos Alberto Parreira but by Vanderlei Luxemburgo – since Parreira refuses to see the obvious. That Brasil's strikeforce duo should be composed of Robinho and either Ronaldo or Adriano. Well, that partnership will be formed, in Real Madrid.

A former official from a Rio club, who was in Punta del Este when the Brasilian NT played Uruguay in Montevideo, witnessed another round in the negotiations where the Spanish club's representatives hoped to purchase the young forward for 28 million Euros. Almost everything is already agreed between the parts, but the exact date when Robinho will join his new team in Spain still needs to be determined.

The player's representative in the meeting was Vagner Ribeiro, who also works for Juan Figger – a famous player agent and the real organizer of the whole deal.

Real Madrid and Santos still have a serious disagreement over the time when Robinho will be transferred. If they win the Libertadores Cup, Santos wants Robinho to stay in the club until December, when the Libertadores champion will participate in the World Club Cup. But the Spaniards want the player in July, so he participate in the Merengues' full pre-season. The whole stalemate can be solved, and the transfer can be concluded, if/when Santos is eliminated from the Libertadores.

There are some people in Santos who defend that Robinho should only be negotiated afte the 2006 WC, but most of the club's officials aren't willing to wait for a very good reason – six months after the WC, Robinho's contract expires; and if Santos waits until the WC to negotiate Robinho it should become very unlikely to get paid millions and millions of Euros for a player who would be a free-agent at the end of the year. So either Santos sells the player now, or they may lose him for free at the end of next year.

==================================

The only alternative to the scenarios Renato Mauricio Prado described would be to wait until the end of 2005 to sell the player – keeping him for at least one more Brasileiro, and maybe also the World Club Cup – but generally, no Euro clubs make massive financial investments in the middle of the season. Considering Robinho's high price-tag, it's safe to say that he'll be playing in Europe on the second semester. :greed:

·
Registered
73 Posts
i read somewhere that Barcelona are after him too, is it true or it's just a rumour

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robinho himself said a couple of years ago that he liked Barcelona (because of Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho's successful passages there), but the catalan club never made an official offer for him, as far as I know.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I've read on Real forums that it's almost certain that Robinho will play in Real next season, don't know if it's true or not...

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
The chance Robinho will end up in Barcelona is less then 1%. Simply because if Barcelona starts to show interest, it will end up in a bidding war which Madrid would win. Also Barcelona doesn't have a non-EU place left (Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Marquez).

·
Registered
564 Posts
Laporta said:
The chance Robinho will end up in Barcelona is less then 1%. Simply because if Barcelona starts to show interest, it will end up in a bidding war which Madrid would win. Also Barcelona doesn't have a non-EU place left (Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Marquez).
i think eto'o will have the spanish nationality for the next season..
it will be great if he plays with eto'o and ronaldinho :thmbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts