Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
JPatel1508 said:
He's a 15 year old that plays for NEC. Anyone know any info on him?
he's shit

·
Registered
622 Posts
He´s too young to be under contract with NEC so he´s free to go to any other club if he wishes. Won´t cost Arsenal much either, just some compensation based on the number of years he´s been with NEC and maybe something else aswell.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=reserves+and+youth&article=420331&lid=&Title=Barazite:+%27I+mould+myself+on+Van+Persie%27

Barazite: 'I mould myself on Van Persie'
By Adam Clark

Dutchman Robin van Persie has been flying at Arsenal this season. Now there’s a youngster coming through the ranks who aspires to be just like him.

Seventeen-year-old Nacer Barazite, also from Holland, joined the Gunners in the summer from homeland club NEC Nijmegen and scored on both his friendly and competitive debuts. A competent passing midfielder who is equally adept at pushing forward, Barazite was spotted playing for Holland Under-16s. Now appearing regularly for Neil Banfield’s Reserves, it may not be long before Van Persie’s admirer becomes a rival.

“I saw Arsenal, I went to the training ground, and I thought ‘this is my club’,” said Barazite. “I mould myself on Robin van Persie. He is very technical and Dutch just like me. He’s intelligent, he knows where to pass, and he knows where to run. I wanted to see Dennis Bergkamp play in Emirates Stadium too. It’s a pity he stopped.

“I think my strengths are my technique and my pace but it’s very different here from when I played in Holland. It’s very fast and much more physical than at home so I need to improve this [his strength] so I can hold up the ball better.”

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
seeing his name I had a look to see where he came from and his dad's apparantly Moroccan while his mum's Dutch, so more hope for us than in the Aisatti or Affelay case I guess

Furthermore looks like Arsenal got their own Peter Crouch cos at the age of 16, he's already 1m 86 :eek:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yes, I follow him closely at the Arsenal site (unfortunately I don't have Arsenal tv, so can't really see him play). He scored a lot this season and played many games for the reserves as well as the important matches with the Under 18.

I'll just hope that he stays fit this week, then I can see him play live again next week against the Czech republic :lick:.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he looks like Zlatan without the frustrating showboating to me, though at reserve level it's very hard to judge if he can translate that to top level football.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
yeah look at Rohan Ricketts, Dean Marney and Lee Barnard.

Barazite's a RW isn't he? could defnitely use a decent one in the near future

1 - 20 of 28 Posts