Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
71,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not official yet but Bastoni literally welcomed him to Inter so we're getting there, Bastoni of course arrived from Atalanta too, and they should form quite a powerful partnership on the left flank

Sports uniform Sports jersey Jersey Soccer Sleeve

Looking good in Nerazzurro

Sports uniform Smile Sports jersey Jersey Muscle

Joint Head Hand Arm Shoulder

Gosens will be our 2nd German left back after Andy Brehme, hopefully he will have a similar impact

Sports uniform Shorts Jersey Sports equipment Football

·
Administrator
53,766 Posts
Massive signing.

Not a good day for @humanTORCH 😜

• Wow
Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
71,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have a pretty good LB anyhow though

·
Registered
48,707 Posts
Perisic can get some well deserved rest.
Unfortunately, this move looks like Perisic might be on his way out. There is a considerable distance between what Perisic wants and what the club is offering. Perisic is asking for about 6m, which isn't unreasonable, considering his performances. It's unfortunate because Perisic seems to have embraced the idea of staying with Inter and playing as an LWB. He's enjoying his football; from the looks of it, more than ever. And his LWB game isn't just outstanding...I'm struggling to think of better 2-way players in that position (even as an LB). I hope the club re-looks at this and makes a serious effort to retain him.

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
Unfortunately, this move looks like Perisic might be on his way out. There is a considerable distance between what Perisic wants and what the club is offering. Perisic is asking for about 6m, which isn't unreasonable, considering his performances. It's unfortunate because Perisic seems to have embraced the idea of staying with Inter and playing as an LWB. He's enjoying his football; from the looks of it, more than ever. And his LWB game isn't just outstanding...I'm struggling to think of better 2-way players in that position (even as an LB). I hope the club re-looks at this and makes a serious effort to retain him.
He's definitely leaving

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
€6mil for a soon to be 33 year old is excessive. He has had an excellent season but at his age he can quickly go down.
I wouldn't offer him more then €4/4.5 mil on a 2 year deal.

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
Haven't been this psyched since the Hakimi signing

Best LB / LWB in the league (far better defensively than Theo Hernandez - last season he scored 4 more than Theo with same no. of assists) for frickin' 25 million euros.

Don Beppe again....

OK, he f**ked up with Correa, but Denzel for peanuts, Hakan for free, Dzeko for free and now Gosens for peanuts.... insanity. And possibly even Dybala for free.

Build a statue for this guy...

Back to Gosens:

Nice comp of him destroying Portugal here:

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
The deal for gossens is an 18 month loan with the option at €22mil(becomes mandatory under certain conditions).

Just build Beppe a statue. This is a fantastic deal.

·
Registered
19,034 Posts
He has been awesome in a Brozo way. Technical but also amazingly adapted to the tactics of the team. I agree with others that he could decline physically quite rapidly so shouldn't be offered a lengthy or lucrative contract just to stay, especially with Gosens arrived.

But didn't Perisic go to Man Utd temporarily and came back to Inter even better? I wonder if that has given him an extra sense of loyalty to Inter.

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
But didn't Perisic go to Man Utd temporarily and came back to Inter even better? I wonder if that has given him an extra sense of loyalty to Inter.
Bayern not United

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
Dear God this is awesome. Medical tomorrow

Reactions: stefan9 and Firdaus

·
Registered
48,707 Posts
He has been awesome in a Brozo way. Technical but also amazingly adapted to the tactics of the team. I agree with others that he could decline physically quite rapidly so shouldn't be offered a lengthy or lucrative contract just to stay, especially with Gosens arrived.

I think he started to become unsettled here once the Man Utd rumours started and he then made up his mind that he should move on. Then Bayern came knocking which was ideal for him...pretty sure he has a big affection for Germany, having played there before. Bayern didn't want to renew and he reluctantly returned, thinking he'd move on in one of the next 2 transfer windows. The Jan window was a bust while waiting for the next one, he was seriously getting to grips with his LWB role and think it's here that the dial began to swing back. Then came the Scudetto. Then came Inzaghi who has really helped him enjoy the game. At this stage, he's happy to stay and commit. The problem is the offer, which I think he views as derisory. If reports are right, Brozo is getting 6m. Perisic is asking for the same and I'm sure it's negotiable...but the club is still pretty far away. I think the last figure mentioned was 4m.

As for physical decline, it's inevitable but Perisic is built different from others and I think he should fare better than most, barring injuries. Even with physical decline, his defensive abilities would still be better than most others in the game regardless of age.

The club may have a different assessment...perhaps Perisic has indicated internally that he's more inclined to leave or that he's unwilling to move much at all on his asking price.

·
Registered
19,034 Posts
I think he started to become unsettled here once the Man Utd rumours started and he then made up his mind that he should move on. Then Bayern came knocking which was ideal for him...pretty sure he has a big affection for Germany, having played there before. Bayern didn't want to renew and he reluctantly returned, thinking he'd move on in one of the next 2 transfer windows. The Jan window was a bust while waiting for the next one, he was seriously getting to grips with his LWB role and think it's here that the dial began to swing back. Then came the Scudetto. Then came Inzaghi who has really helped him enjoy the game. At this stage, he's happy to stay and commit. The problem is the offer, which I think he views as derisory. If reports are right, Brozo is getting 6m. Perisic is asking for the same and I'm sure it's negotiable...but the club is still pretty far away. I think the last figure mentioned was 4m.

As for physical decline, it's inevitable but Perisic is built different from others and I think he should fare better than most, barring injuries. Even with physical decline, his defensive abilities would still be better than most others in the game regardless of age.

The club may have a different assessment...perhaps Perisic has indicated internally that he's more inclined to leave or that he's unwilling to move much at all on his asking price.
Provided that Perisic stayed, I wonder if he could even rotate with Hakan...

·
Administrator
53,766 Posts
The deal for gossens is an 18 month loan with the option at €22mil(becomes mandatory under certain conditions).

Just build Beppe a statue. This is a fantastic deal.
Marotta is the GOAT of GMs/CEO.

When peeps were hyping up you guys hiring Conte, I told all the Interisti I know irl, that Beppe is the real catch (becauseI knew Conte would predictably **** off). extraordinairy team builder, has his flaws latter stages in the project, but generally a supremely competent professional.

I even see the teamplate he is using for Inter being exactly how he rebuild Juve. Gosens is basically like his Lichsteiner signing (except way better offensive game). A marauding fullback/wingback with grinta and drive that sets the tempo for all his teammates.

·
Registered
71,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Marotta is the GOAT of GMs/CEO.

When peeps were hyping up you guys hiring Conte, I told all the Interisti I know irl, that Beppe is the real catch (becauseI knew Conte would predictably **** off). extraordinairy team builder, has his flaws latter stages in the project, but generally a supremely competent professional.

I even see the teamplate he is using for Inter being exactly how he rebuild Juve. Gosens is basically like his Lichsteiner signing (except way better offensive game). A marauding fullback/wingback with grinta and drive that sets the tempo for all his teammates.
Conte was hugely important to Inter though, but obviously Marotta and Suning brought him to the club.

·
Registered
71,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Buying Gosens for 25mill (basically 15mill cheaper than Hakimi for instance, even if Hakimi is younger) is good business. Look at how much City paid for fullbacks and cbs in recent seasons, or the 70mill PSG paid Inter for Hakimi last summer, or how much Man U paid for Wan Bissaka...in that context 25mill is pretty good, yet Gosens is the 2nd most expensive fullback bought by Inter after Hakimi. JZ and Maicon for example didn't cost a lot. Cancelo was only a loan, and we couldn't afford to pay 40mill for him.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts