Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spains U17 team won their first match in the European Championship 4-1 against the Czech Republic. Much thanks to the brilliance of Gavilán, yet another leftwinger from Valencia, and the goals scored by striking duo Jonathan and Soldado.

Notice the name Roberto Soldado Rillo, he is the latest star in Real Madrids youth teams, currently playing for Juveniles B.

Soldado says in an interwiew with AS that he thinks that Spain can go all the way once again. The hardest opponents will be Germany, England, Denmark and France, but he reckons that they can beat them all.

Soldado denies that he is the new nr 9 of Real Madrid, as the three years older Portillo has the advantage. "Portillo is a very good striker who scores a lot of goals. I think he will do very well and hopefully prevail in Madrid" Soldado says.

The young striker finds it strange that the crowd have doubts regarding el Moro. Soldado considers Morientes as one of the very best in the league and thinks that it`s a bad idea to buy another forward.

When asked how he would describe himself, Soldado says that he has a similar style of Hasselbaink, although Ronaldo is the favourite player.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
It's really great to see our youth players coming through.A few years ago,we had very few of our youth team players representing Spain in these games,but now we have some really good guys coming through and I think in about 2-3 years,when all these start coming together,we can worry less about transfers and start picking players from our own backyard to lead us.:)

Portillo,Valdo,Bravo,Minambres(who I think is gonna be very special),Tote,Julio Alvares,Ruben,that's a good list,and now add this Rillo boy.:cool:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I find it interesting the boy picked Hasslebank! not a name youll see many young guns comparing themselves too.

But if he is right, that would be great! Hasslebank is a late developer but look at his consistency in scoring, and note that he did it in 2 leagues with 3 different clubs. What does that mean? different circumstances, same result: The guy is an amazing goal scorer.

I remember we had a discussion about our youngsters, and as Shayan touches up, we really have the best "crop" for along long time. I honestly hope we see some of those as starters for Real Madrid and maybe Spain down the line. I think Iker, Pavon and Minambres aren't too far away.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention Diego León, who played in the U17 team last year, alongside Torres & co. He is a offensive playmaker with excellent technique and passing skills, could improve his physice though.

Now we have Casillas, Guti and Pavón in our first team squad,
Carlos, Miñambres, Raúl Bravo, Rubén, Valdo and Portillo pending between A an B teams,
Borja, Sousa and Ernesto in Real Madrid B
and Diego León and Soldado in Juveniles...

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Nino,

I think youll now be called the official Real Madrid forum Youth Team Scout! :D

Thanks for the information, we always appreciate the updates :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spain to semis!

Spain U17 beat Denmark, but had to go to penalties to do it. Spain took the lead through Soldado :proud: and had full controll of the game. Gavilán made it 2-0 after a strange freekick from way out on the side. However, Spain could easily be leading with 4-5 goals.

In the second half, Spain let Denmark back in the game, and the physically strong danes managed to score two goals to make it a draw. But in the end, Spain won 4-3 pn penalties.

I was impressed with Gavilán (Valencia), that right winger (nr 15) and of course our very own Soldado :proud:

I didn`t see much of Jonathan (the leading scorer), as the danes marked him out of the game, which made space for the others :D

Now we meet either Germany or France in the semis, let`s win the cup again, eh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts