Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here would take R Carlos to the WC?
He has the form... currently he's been playing great, and we have a huge hole in the LB position.

He is however.. R Carlos... its kinda like calling Ronaldo if he were on form...only R Carlos has a bigger mouth and tries to lead...

what do you all think?

·
Administrator
29,399 Posts
he is not playing great at all. He is playing better than the games when he did not played due to red card, but there is nothing special about him.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd call him as 2nd choice LB, if the first choice struggles which is what i'm expecting to happen. Then he'd be a great backup option.

Carlos may not be at his best level yet, but he is improving every game. Was pretty shite at first, but the last 4/5 games his class is really beggining to show. Sound positioning, world class passing/crossing, and he's scoring some nice goals. Heck he still runs more then most on both sides.

So if he keeps this up, i'd include him in the WC squad.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, he's been running around like crazy for Corinthians, and playing a very solid game.
I wouldnt be thrilled, and I dont want another player with attitude on the team, but he has been playing great the last 4-5 games

·
Registered
590 Posts
omg...

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
another great game by him...
Im not on some campaign here... but the guy might now be our best option.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
what about cafu? and ronaldo? maybe ronaldinho as well?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I think we should take Michel Bastos and Andre Santos, with Kleber as third choice in case one of the first two has a physical problem (knock on wood).

·
Registered
15,393 Posts
Yeah pretty much agreed Garrincha. Bastos is very attacking but Brasil can get away with Bastos and Maicon considering the double-pivot is defensively solid.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I think we should take Michel Bastos and Andre Santos, with Kleber as third choice in case one of the first two has a physical problem (knock on wood).
Ander Santos became a great scorer in Fenerbahce, but it is easy when you have Alex near you.

As in the NT there is nobody like Alex, it is not sure he will be as useful there. I hope for the best, \i personally like Andre Santos

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Roberto Carlos show continues tonight.

Be intresting to see if he keeps up recent form, or even ups the notch more.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great gol by him again last night!!
I love seeing this guy play well, he's really waken up! He's done more for Cor then R9...

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
He's the best left back Brazil have. 500x above everyone else simple because the fact that he's a LATERAL and knows how to play as a lateral because he was so good that he played in that position even when he was in Europe.

Michel Bastos and AS doesn't play in that position since they left Brazil. AS still knows how to play properly there, but he wont be called because he dared to have a party and **** some whores in a hotel room. That's inexcusable according to Dunga. (Adriano's scandals with drug dealers, sex with midgets, zoophilia, alcohol and cocaine adiction etc, isn't that disturbing, apparently.)

With all that said, RC competition resides in Kleber. Good left back but when he was on his PRIME, when he was playing amazingly good he wasn't even called for the NT (and I know that because he was playing for my team). Let alone be considered better than RC. Now that he isn't playing that good and slowed down a lot he's an irreplaceable player in Dunga's team.

But that's the pattern in this team... I hope that the "team spirit" scores a goal when we face a good team...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
With all that said, RC competition resides in Kleber. Good left back but when he was on his PRIME, when he was playing amazingly good he wasn't even called for the NT (and I know that because he was playing for my team). Let alone be considered better than RC. Now that he isn't playing that good and slowed down a lot he's an irreplaceable player in Dunga's team.
:confused:
Kleber is an irreplaceable player in Dunga's team? Since when?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts