Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from www.soccernet.com

ROBERT CARLOS SPEAKS OUT

Real Madrid star Roberto Carlos has written off David Beckham as a player with no real pace and not much talent.

The flamboyant Brazilian turned up the heat ahead of the return leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Manchester United on April 19 with a scornful attack on the England midfielder, who has been voted the second best player in the world.

Roberto Carlos said he found it 'easy' playing against Beckham in Tuesday's goalless draw at the Bernabeu and dismissed United as 'just another team'.

He said: 'Against Real Sociedad, I had to face Sa Pinto, who came at me oneon-one and put crosses in. Against United, I had David Beckham, who comes from the centre and tries to cross.

'But Beckham is not a player with speed or real ability and I had to face him in one-on-one situations on fewer occasions. For that reason I was able to get forward more.'

His criticism follows comments from George Best when Beckham was named runner-up to Barcelona striker Rivaldo as FIFA's World Player of the Year.

Best said: 'Beckham can't kick with his left foot, doesn't score many goals, can't head a ball and can't tackle. Apart from that, he's all right.'

Roberto Carlos, who swapped shirts with Beckham after the match, widened his attack when he said: 'United are just another team. If we put them in our Primera Liga it would be interesting to see where they would finish.

'They might have big-name players, a famous history and be European champions but we are better.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AMEN! its funny the way he compared Sa Pinto with Beckham... :)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i love seeing roberto carlos making fun of the english...this isnt the first time...he is right about beckham..i think he is given too much space in the premiership so thats why he gets easy crosses, but when the time comes to big european compititions, he sucks big time...i love roberto carlos and even with me being an argentine fan, i say carlos is the best defender in the world...the best offensive defender in the world...f**k stam and other idiots that people respect, roberto carlos rules!!!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
That's a typical Roberto Carlos comment!
Anyway I htink Beckham is a goood player....he's not what an average united fan thinks, and he is not what united haters think. He's a good player, but nothing brilliant except his cross. But what will happen if the plays in a team were the centre forward is not a good header of the ball??

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The thing with Beckham is that he's likely to have a stormer in the return leg now. I think that his cross and free-kicks are phenominal and the point is that they lead to many goals and goals win matches. Would Channerler have played for Tranmere if his throw in didn't reach the six yard box?
I don't think that R. Carlos should have said it if it was anyone else but as it was Man u it is o.k as Fergie does it all the rime.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I hate David Beckham sooooo much I love to see comments like those of Carlos and Best!

Beckham is a good player but he is not all that everyone makes out here in England!!!

And what's wrong with the English, argentina?? :)

T

·
0 Posts
Beckham is ok...but he is not that good...If you put a man on him, he cant do anything...he will just play like a little girl...he cant dribble...he is good for the EPL but in Italy, he would be totally shut down...

Figo will kick his ass anyday..

O

·
0 Posts
Beckham is Ok. He does have talent but is usually overrated. Roberto Carlos is just screwing around, hoping to get in David's head.

Tim

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
natalya,

i hate english football because it is very boring...there are those untalented english players playing there...italy rules in the skills level and enjoyment to watch...tell me that you agree because there is no way english football is fun to watch..if i had the choice of seeing liverpool or lecce, i would pick lecce any day.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Argentina,
go on admit it...it's malvinas. :)
Anyway Liverpool may not be all that today...but in the 80's they were real good with Dalglish, Barnes , Beardsley...etc.. Wont say Rush cause he was only a goalscorer!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh the Malvidas story...I'm sure those arrogant english still call them Fockland,right talya?

The Malvidas belong to Argentina...

------------------

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Hey you guys aren't going to pick on me because of the Falkslands war are you??? I was only 1 at the time!!!!!!

As for English football...well I do like it..was the reason why I started to like football...would even pick watching my beloved Aston Villa over Lazio even!!!! :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Don't worry natalya,
i'm on your side!!
Anyway, do you know that Brazil won the war to England??
You know why?

Cause we gave our medicines to Argentina!!heheheh :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

T

·
0 Posts
Ze...I dont get the joke...maybe I am a little slow...please explain...

Also...I am not too sure about the Falkland war...Did Argentina get their ass kicked?? I guess its not too bad...They get their ass kicked in football everytime..no Big deal...Just ask Ronaldo and Rivaldo..hehe

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Is cause, as the argies got bombarded like crap by the RAF, we gave our medicines to the argies.....as our medicines are so crap it just helped them die!!
This joke was going around brazil during the war.....i mean i was only 6 years old, but my dad is a doctor, and all the doctors went around saying that!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Ok..nice story there Ze!!!! :)

I know nothing about the war!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont think its funny to laugh or joke with a war.People died over there you know...

------------------

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Amoroso,
I only said that Brazil won the war! It's only a little joke,....by the way we were the only country of South America who stood up for the Argentinians, not even Uruguay did!
Agree with you, wars are stupid!
Natalya...i don't know much too.

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Hmmmm...I'm sure that I should be apologises for making a topic about Beckham Scum (disinfect keyboard) and Carlos into a war debate!

So sorry! :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Argentina,
sorry mate....anyway that joke speaks bad mainly of Brazil instead of Argentina! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts