Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are legends, but who was the better player? Roberto Baggio or Romario? Discuss! :)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Baggio was probably top 10 of all time, while Romario was a bit lower. I'd say top 40-50 perhaps. Baggio was the greatest Italian player of all time. Romario was not even among the 5 greatest Brazilians. Although I respect both, Great players for sure. Baggio was more complete however, He scored, he dribbled, he passed, he took freekicks and he was a leader.

·
Registered
747 Posts
nasty nick said:
Baggio was probably top 10 of all time, while Romario was a bit lower. I'd say top 40-50 perhaps. Baggio was the greatest Italian player of all time. Romario was not even among the 5 greatest Brazilians. Although I respect both, Great players for sure. Baggio was more complete however, He scored, he dribbled, he passed, he took freekicks and he was a leader.
are you little biased?

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Ronaldo!

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Both players were World Class. Too bad that they didn't stick to one club for a longer period and kept drifting from one club to the other. I would pick Roberto Baggio over Romario de Souza but that doesn't take away anything from Romario who was great in his own right.

I'll post on Ze's behalf and save his time. :) Romario is approaching 1000 goals and is the best striker of the past 15 years. He was just too quick with the ball at his feet and was one of the best dribblers. He even made the great Franco Baresi slip once. Romario is much better than Baggio.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
nasty nick said:
Baggio was the greatest Italian player of all time
Here we go again.

Didn't the Italian forum have a thread as to who was the best Italian ever? I don't think Baggio was the chosen one;)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
barça said:
Here we go again.

Didn't the Italian forum have a thread as to who was the best Italian ever? I don't think Baggio was the chosen one;)
I don't recall that, but I think most Italians would say Baggio was the best Italian player. I'm not biased at all, I'm just saying what I think was right. I've always liked players that could create chances for others, yet win the game by themselves. Romario was great, but he was merely a great goalscorer ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't know who is better. Baggio has better hair style for me. ;) But I prefer Baggio to Zidane.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
FiveMagics said:
You probably think Donavon is better than Romario and Baggio
Nope. He's better than Beckham though. :thmbup: :happy:

I'll take either Romario or Baggio both were fantastic footballers. :shades:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Romario...he won the 94 wc for brazil and has scored more than 900 goals. Baggio is legend too, maybe a tie...

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I would say Romario, but I didn't see that much of any of them at their best, I remember both in WC 94, and the Baggio miss. at club level I only saw Baggio in his last seasons in Brescia.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts